UK Labour's trade union backers support second referendum onBrexit deal

webfact

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Not a big fan of Unions (Though did go out on strike once to support colleagues at that time) but in this instance it would seem that they are doing what they think is best for their members as there is no doubt that (at least over the short-medium term) Brexit (especially a No-Deal Brexit) will have a significant impact on the economy & therefore their members jobs.

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the Brexit vote in terms of Un-employed, employed, retired 

I would also add: after 1 Jan 2020 expected to be unemployed.

Bye-the-way: from Borne, NL, thanks for the production of the Mini car soon here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Why you reject any test of the public about which Brexit they prefer ?

Starts from: Remain, May's deal, Norway deal, Canada agreement, Boris/Hunts's deal ( if ever), No deal.

Or.. are you afraid the British public finally discovered in which trap they were lied into ?

Brexit is not like a box of chocolates, where we can say I'll have the one with a nut in, the EU have said there is one deal, Mays Deal, it will not be altered or opened. Mays deal has been through the grinder 3 times now, it was not a good deal then, it is not a good deal now, therefore it leaves the UK with very little choice now does it?

Posters use expressions like "Or.. are you afraid" when they are trying to flame other posters. It is likely that the leavers were lied to even more than the remainers, and they still lost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No they were NOT voting against their best interests just because you say they were. I will repeat my question.

Who says they were voting against their best interests?

I certainly wasn't nor were quite a few of the people I know in the UK.

You can assume what you wish about how people voted, but that does not mean that you are correct.

Well I said they were voting against their best interests of course, it's my opinion. I believe this reflects the information I receive, in the same manner that most posters form their opinions. OK you call it an assumption, I call it an extrapolation or whatever, I guess neither of us will lose any sleep over it. ???? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Yes, good point, which also goes to show that the so-called "higher" education of the Remainers did not help them figure out who was lying to them!!!

In fact, the 'argument' that the Remainers had university degrees and were therefore too intelligent to be deceived by lying politicians  is itself a sign of profound ignorance. 

Anyone who has been to university knows that there is no necessary connection between having a degree and having an intelligence!!! 

I’m not at all sure why you inserted education into this.

It wasn’t mentioned in the response that triggered you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You are guessing that all the Labor voters who voted to leave the UK a) haven't changed their minds and b) would ditch the Labor party, and all it's other policies they support because of it.

Some guess. 

It's about the same level of guesswork that you normally see on this thread from posters of either side.

• Like 1