Retirement extension (800k) at Prachinburi Imm: new requirements

On 7/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, GeorgeCross said:

yeah agree maybe switch to bangkok bank if you can. interest updates on the bank book and also you can ask the bank to update without a deposit (though you can add more if you wish) and an extra line just gets printed to the book.

one problem i can see is that if they are adamant deposit needs to be kept on the same account all year, with bangkok bank, you cannot roll the deposit to the latest 12 month rate as that requires a new account and book, on the same account it will roll at 1%.

My BKK account rolls over automatically so it shows same acc no. 

P. 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, offset said:

Maybe the account is not good for what the Immigration want, if you can get a FD where you have the interest added to then you should be able to make a small withdraw from the interest and then update the book which is what I do

If you cannot withdraw you money on that account you might find out that the Immigration might not accept it next year because that say the money must be available

This real funny  , money must be available but you can not go below  400,000 B . So why not half available and half in a locked account with more interest. Those 2 requirement contradict  themselves.

I've done 3 extensions at Prachinburi, the last in February. The map is not a new requirement, I've had to submit one every year. I only needed photos on the first extension but I do submit a TM30 each year and a copy of the blue tabien baan (my wife is the owner) so photos may be superfluous. For funds I have a 12 month FD with Bangkok Bank and I drop into the main branch (just a couple of minutes away from immigration) to get the letter and the passbook updated before I get to immigration. Full marks to the staff at BBL, they are always very helpful.

But next year I'll take along a photo of me smiling gormlessly beside the gate, just in case.

I also submit tabian ban...blue one, yellow one with my name in it plus copies of Chanote and land lease. Didn't matter they still now want pictures. And not just one. Several at least, taken from different angles/locations. At least one of which must displsy the house number.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You need a pic for the TM-7 and 8 Forms.......absolutely, always have
Read the OP. Not referring to the passport type photo for the application, obviously always need that.

Talking about full sized photos (plural) of yourself in front of your house.

Never used to be required for retirement extension.

You people worry too much the police order says a bank account in Thailand.  Read my previous post, IO will accept 2 accounts as long as one is closed and another opened on the same day. When you close account it only shows as closed and transferred.

Regards Chas

On 7/9/2019 at 5:47 PM, Sheryl said:

How I can do this I do not know as my bank is adament that they can't update a bankbook if there have been no transactions,

I do update my fixed account Bangkok Bank book by machines outside any branch at least 3 times a year and I’m to do it every month for the law. 

Edited by The Theory

Different banks have different polices as to whether a fixed account can be updated in the passbook without a deposit or withdrawal.  Bangkok Bank just happens to use/have a Balance Forward transaction to force an update to today's date even though no change in balance has occurred since yesterday, last week, last month, etc.   Yeap...different banks; different policies.  

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I also submit tabian ban...blue one, yellow one with my name in it plus copies of Chanote and land lease. Didn't matter they still now want pictures. And not just one. Several at least, taken from different angles/locations. At least one of which must displsy the house number.

Honestly, what are they really attempting to accomplish by all this?  <head-shake>  Sorry you had to go through all this Sheryl, but many of us will no doubt be experiencing the same level of ??? the next time we apply for our extensions. 

3 hours ago, mike787 said:

WOW!  Thai immigration is turning up the heat slowly but painfully.  I see because the galaxy lined up for you, renewal went well.  Got to love it! Next year it will be like Russian roulette all over again.  Guessing, hoping, praying, chancing stars and moon will line up again so all goes smooth and you can continue to remain in Elysium.  Good luck! 

One minor change in length of time money on deposit in 15 years.  Is that slowly turning up the heat?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

now the op knows what it was like to be a citizen in the soviet union

Because she needed a photo of her in front of her house?  I had one in the envelope I took to Immigration last week but didn't need it.  If you read Thai Visa and wanted to be prepared anyone would have had one.  What's the big deal?

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

I’m on an extension for a Thai wife and Prachinburi gave me a list of stuff that’s needed for the Retirement visa, seems like they play there own game.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Anything out of the ordinary on the list?  Or are you just complaining in general?

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It was my 15th extension.

I had a home visitation at 9th extension application following a change in IO administration provincial office being newly established in my home province. I was asked  nothing  but  various people from  local community were summoned  for questioning.I was left with the impression they were establishing their own  data base or verifying info passed from the previous. It was  bit stressful but inconsequential in outcome.

Have never had any issues  after 4 extensions since.

ps: extension based on retirement.

Edited by Dumbastheycome

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Anything out of the ordinary on the list?  Or are you just complaining in general?

Marcus Aurelius is remembered for his studious nature and his rule driven by reason.

Aurelius was one of the most important proponents of Stoicism, the philosophy that teaches the development of self-control and fortitude as a means of overcoming negative emotions.

Quote:

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, Sheryl said:

Great tip Sophon, Thanks!

Now if any of you could PM me the instruction to do a zero credit transaction written in Thai I'll be evermore in your debt.

BKK bankbook machines will print a new balance line each time. Imm wants it done on same day as you apply.

What utter nonsence since they (CNX at least) accept a bank letter from the day before.

The Germans say it best; nicht wundern, nur staunen. A bit hard to give a precise translation since I am not German nor UK/USA.

Have to provide pictures of yourself in front of your house that includes something showing the house number. This one took me completely by surprise, never asked for it before.

Been  asked  for  exactly  that  for  over  5  years in Hua Hin

"1. Have to have a map of where you live and they have a special form they want it printed or drawn on. Luckily I had printed out one from Google maps just in case and they agreed to paste that on but made it clear that next year I must bring it on the designated form."

Do you have a link to this designated form?
Do you have a copy of this designated form?

Honestly, what are they really attempting to accomplish by all this?    Sorry you had to go through all this Sheryl, but many of us will no doubt be experiencing the same level of ??? the next time we apply for our extensions. 

They are trying to have enough documentation to satisfy bosses whose requirements are (1) illogical and unclear and (2) constantly changing.

And the same is likely true of their bosses.

• Like 2

"1. Have to have a map of where you live and they have a special form they want it printed or drawn on. Luckily I had printed out one from Google maps just in case and they agreed to paste that on but made it clear that next year I must bring it on the designated form."

Do you have a link to this designated form?
Do you have a copy of this designated form?

No link. They may have made this form themslves as no official number etc on it.

I think they have been using it for a while for marriage extensions just never before for retirement.

This is it (they gave me copy to use next year):

20190711_113408.jpeg

16 hours ago, Pib said:

Different banks have different polices as to whether a fixed account can be updated in the passbook without a deposit or withdrawal.  Bangkok Bank just happens to use/have a Balance Forward transaction to force an update to today's date even though no change in balance has occurred since yesterday, last week, last month, etc.   Yeap...different banks; different policies.  

I thought that I had posted something sensible about Fixed term savings accounts but perhaps not, so here is my understanding of it. 

The proof that you have an account is the pass book and papers kept by you and the bank. Immigration may not understand this basic fact so asks for an update because they have been conditioned by savings accounts to think that updating is required.   Pandering to this ignorance is cruel and giving yourself extra work.   I guess that the bank letters are required to discover if forgery has taken place.  The interest is added after the term so if money is withdrawn before the term has expired the account is closed and no interest is paid. You can elect to renew at the end of the term compounding the interest or have the interest paid to you. 

On 7/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, natway09 said:

The bank can update a fixed deposit with current date on it.

Did you assume you can't or the bank being silly ?

If you read my post, I tried and the bank insisted they cannot.

On 7/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, Sheryl said:

Tried that. Did not work. This is Kasikorn Bank.

HI,

I not sure that this is the same? Kasikorn use subaccounts 01 02, ...

So if you money is in the subaccount 01.. only open a second one with the smallest possible amount and you should see on the page the total amount of your Initial one and your additional one As since about 1-2 years they changed that now not every subaccount use a separate page.. Now they add all Subaccount and therefore you see always the total amount! I have right now 4 Subaccount with Kasikorn Fixed Deposit and they always show the total of all of them. And they are in the same Book.

Yes I agree (at least before) when there is no transaction there will be nothing printed in the book). But the Interest even when transfered to your second account, It will show 3 new lines per subaccount, as Interest received, Tax-deduction and the transfer of the rest of your Interest to your other account!

Hope this will work for you

On 7/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Pib, is there an issue with BKK Bank giving you a new account number every time you renew/extend a fixed deposit account with them? 

This used to be the case some years ago that when a FD account matured it automatically renewed but became a 3 month term FD with a poorer interest rate. I would have to go into the branch and close it and put the money into a new FD with better rate and obviously new account number. This doesn't seem to happen now, and it rolls over with the same rate and term and number and hence is suitable for extension. 

they insist I must put up a house number on my gate

Same happened to me when I lived down south, I had to put a number on house for photos, inc photos with the people I was staying with as well. All for retirement extension. After that they visited to make sure it was all true, walking throughout the house. Was staying at the mother in law house at time!

On 7/9/2019 at 7:51 PM, Puchaiyank said:

For the life of me I can not comprehend why Thai Immigration tries to make the extension process so difficult...

Map and pictures...ridiculous...! All the wringing of hands over the money you obviously have in the bank...

Finger printing...what's next, DNA and urine samples?

They punish the many for the sins of a few!   ????

The question really is why they make it so difficult at some offices. My retirement extension took 10 minutes at Jomtien with no additional requirements.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

HI,

So if you money is in the subaccount 01.. only open a second one with the smallest possible amount and you should see on the page the total amount of your Initial one and your additional one As since about 1-2 years they changed that now not every subaccount use a separate page.. Now they add all Subaccount and therefore you see always the total amount! I have right now 4 Subaccount with Kasikorn Fixed Deposit and they always show the total of all of them. And they are in the same Book.

Yes I agree (at least before) when there is no transaction there will be nothing printed in the book). But the Interest even when transfered to your second account, It will show 3 new lines per subaccount, as Interest received, Tax-deduction and the transfer of the rest of your Interest to your other account!

How would I know if the money is in a subaccount 01? No "01" in the account number.

4 hours ago, HampiK said:

HI,

Are these subaccounts "fixed savings accounts ", repeat, fixed accounts or just regular current/savings accounts?