Marijuana cannot cure disease, Prayut warns

snoop1130

3 hours ago, nickstav said:

I've never heard anyone claim that pot can "cure" diseases, except maybe from some Rastas, but its ability to alleviate symptoms is pretty much well-established.

Have you lived on a remote island for the past 50 years? Get your Google finger to work?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nickstav said:

I've never heard anyone claim that pot can "cure" diseases, except maybe from some Rastas, but its ability to alleviate symptoms is pretty much well-established.

Google Rick Simpson oil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, scotbeve said:

Google Rick Simpson oil.

I followed your advice. Very interesting, but not what I would call conclusive. Certainly more research needs to be done. Looks promising for treatment even if not a cure (although Simpson claims it as a cure). Multiple studies showed benefits, but noted one study (American Cancer Society 2004) that said it actually increased the rate of growth of cancer cells in certain types of cancers. Thanks for the tip.

Opium derived drugs never cured anything, it just helps

Opiates help with pain. I’m not a doctor but does any drug cure disease? For example anti-virals and Antibiotics, beats the bugs back so your immune system can do it’s job. Insulin, Blood pressure meds, etc, keep you alive but don’t cure the underlying condition.

Sounds like a dinosaur comment from the PM
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Don Chance said:

The whole 'medical cannabis" thing was always about decriminalizing.

The right demonized the drugs so the left had to combat the reefer madness with something. So they did studies proving that cannabis was efficacious for some medical conditions. Then they could force the government to allow it for medical purposes. Most government have a mandate to provide medicines to their people.

That's how it went in Canada, they sued the government in court for not allowing cannabis to be sold and criminalizing sick people. The courts made the government change.

Thailand is now doing the same things. Someone in the higher up wants weed to be legalized. It sure isn't the military regime.

The down side of all the medical weed is that people actually think it is a cure all medicine. Anxiety and insomnia are symptoms of addiction. So addicts can claim they need cannabis for those conditions. Anyone who really had those conditions would not want to take cannabis, it would just make it worse.

It is good that addicts are not being criminalized but legalizing should not be legitimizing. If you smoke every day you are an addict and you will experience the many side effects of the drugs, whether or not you realize it or not.

Memory lose, confusion, paranoia, de-socialization. It is not hard to observe cannabis users experiencing these symptoms. You don't want to smoke marijuana every day that is for sure. It is not an answer to life.

Well just to let you know, the military regime has already called me in to talk about growing it themselves.

And boy do they have the money for it, I could not believe how much baht they are willing to put into this.

Edited by doggie1955
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Next time I have a condition I need assistance with (so far, broken bones, 'impossible' (lol) liver cirrhosis (now 100% good), a foot operation and other issues, I'm going to a Politician for advice, because the Doc's sure have no idea what they're talking about except in their modular specialization field.  I guess politics and armed forces are not holistic either.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Not to mention the industrial uses of industrial hemp and the enormous number products the would also benefit society.People seem to ignore the whole subject of industrial hemp,it is the strongest natural fibre on the planet. 

And doesn’t require the enormous amounts of herbicide and water associated with cotton farming. This is the main reason hemp is banned because the chemical companies lobbied against it a hundred years ago by demonising because it threatened their bottom line. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Not to mention the industrial uses of industrial hemp and the enormous number products the would also benefit society.People seem to ignore the whole subject of industrial hemp,it is the strongest natural fibre on the planet. 

weed.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut said that issuing legislation to control the use of marijuana will take time and that the authorities are currently unable to control the use of potions extracted from leaves of the plant

Which makes it illegal use of marijuana does it not?

• Like 1