No entry! Foreign tourist turned back at Suvarnabhumi for not having a free page in his passport

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, treetops said:

…For a Saudi passport holder applying for Visa on Arrival, my reading of the rules is it's only 30 days.

Have you got a link to the place where you read this?

4 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

I believe the requirement, officially, is 4 unused pages to enter Thailand. That’s what the airlines have told me at check in.

sadly he did not use the same airlines as you but good on the ones who pointed out the criteria for entry 

I was at immagration once and this Chinese bloke had no room in his passport. The Imm. people tried their best. I was watching. Going through the pages showing this person that the stamp just wouldn't fit. He was incredulous. Got sick of listening to his Chinese righteousness and went out for a cig. There was his BMW parked where it shouldn't be blocking someone from getting out. What a complete .......

14 hours ago, visarunner said:

this is news ? What Thai Immigration should do ? They not stamp on a piece of paper and the guy should do some homework. Do you think Saudi Arabia would let you in when passport is full ?. Most likely he got denied entry and send back. 

When officers are not 100% idiots they find a 4cm space in any full passport! Of course!

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I was at immagration once and this Chinese bloke had no room in his passport. The Imm. people tried their best. I was watching. Going through the pages showing this person that the stamp just wouldn't fit. He was incredulous. Got sick of listening to his Chinese righteousness and went out for a cig. There was his BMW parked where it shouldn't be blocking someone from getting out. What a complete .......

Drives a Beemer, too stingy to buy new passport, his type also seem to have a hard time paying ten baht for parking, or walk more than eight steps to their final destination. and will inconvenience an ambulance if it means they might miss out on whatever they fear they're missing out on. A right Berk!

18 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Saudi national was not named and what happened to him was not further reported

He was probably beheaded when he returned back home.  

although I had at least 5 spaces for my entry stamp, I opted for getting a new passport while I was back home.  My logic was if anyone could makes this an issue, it would be thai immigration.  better safe than sorry.

i dont think so there are no space in the passport.

i guess some pages are half used or just a stamp in one page.

so they can very well put a stamp if they wanted.

but man, why not getting a new passport if it current one is like full??

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

My worry is that his home country will refuse to admit him for the same reason thus leaving him stateless as punishment for being so stupid!

:facepalm:

no, home countries cannot refuse nationals.

On 7/11/2019 at 8:44 AM, TEFLKrabi said:

It’s just a name, Mr/Ms Slip. And please, have some respect for the many English teachers who do a wonderful job in this beautiful country.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Mr.  My faulty memory seems to dredge up you being a one time sponsor on here, but regardless, it was a clumsy stab at humour, no more:  I have the utmost respect for the nation's English teachers and the wonderful job we do.  

Archived