Savannakhet

And What If You DON'T Have 400k  Or You're State Pension will NOT Cover that?? BTW,I'm Here Legally,Married for close on 27 Years Now,So Are THEY Just Going to " Kick My Arse Out of Here "?? Who will SUPPORT My Wife Then ??
I guess you'll be forced to overstay and avoid visa fees and hassle along with it. Good luck
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:
And What If You DON'T Have 400k  Or You're State Pension will NOT Cover that?? BTW,I'm Here Legally,Married for close on 27 Years Now,So Are THEY Just Going to " Kick My Arse Out of Here "?? Who will SUPPORT My Wife Then ??

I guess you'll be forced to overstay and avoid visa fees and hassle along with it. Good luck

I could probably get away with doing that here too for a little while , living upcountry I don't see the imm police anywhere and not having a vehicle in my name means that they wouldn't be looking for one . Don't know if you need a visa to renew your 5yr driving license or not but most Thais don't have one anyway .

• Like 1

I could probably get away with doing that here too for a little while , living upcountry I don't see the imm police anywhere and not having a vehicle in my name means that they wouldn't be looking for one . Don't know if you need a visa to renew your 5yr driving license or not but most Thais don't have one anyway .

Yes when you apply for a driving licence they take a copy of visa/stamps, so ideally time it so you have max 5 years then don't bother anymore

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

The visas being issued en-mass appear to be tourist for 3rd country nationals, due to queue system now in place at Vientiane - only a small minority are non immigrant O visas.  The Consulate may change but over the decades there has always been an option for those married to Thai to obtain visa entry if they can not afford extensions of stay and I would expect that huminatian system to remain.

As do i !!!! It ain,t going to change.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

If things go the way of London and multi entry visas are done away with it might still be ok to get single entry ones. Not good as you would have to go to the consulate every 90 days but a possible life line for those without funds.

I have the funds for an extension based on marriage but I actually prefer doing visa runs to being a performing dog down at immigration. Plus wife and I like the travel.

Same here much less hassle

They havent messed around with the marriage extensions, like they have with retirement extensions.Maybe this is because Thai people are directly affected.Therefore removing these marriage visas without financials would go against that general policy.

• Like 1