Thailand’s tourism – stormy weather ahead

webfact

13 minutes ago, LongTang said:

You want to tell this to a good friend of mine who is making 18,000 a month with a degree and about 10 years experience?

Exactly! So, for everyone surveyed who said they make 1.7 - 2 million Baht a year how many are there that make 200k baht a year to arrive at an average of 84k a month?

• Like 2

Hand out 40 THB for 1 US $ from tomorrow onwards .....and by the end of the week, guarantee all the taxi cheats will have their cabs full of tourists !....and be more nice and polite with all the decent visitors and do not only bootlick one specific type of tourists....immigration boys also need to chill down, be nicer and stop harassing with their redtape...and then maybe..?

Too big an ask for all those “back tracking,loss of face measures “ to happen ... so no maybe ! Of course the figures will be manipulated and all will be forgotten by high season !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How many Thais, even middle class Thais, make 65k a month? I consider myself lucky, as I have far more than that in retirement income and live well here (even with a Baht-sucking girlfriend). But I could live decently on half that if I had to/wanted to (without the Baht-sucking girlfriend).

Yes ! Can do without the GF’s who are only nice when there’s plenty of $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1