Late 2019 where to get a 1-year Non-O ME visa?

EU citizen, < 50 years, married to Thai wife. I have cancelled by non-B visa and left Thailand for a couple of months of travels and visiting my family in Europe.

Was planning to get in Europe a 1-year NON-O Multiple Entry visa before restarting 1-year extension process (in process of moving to Chiang Mai with wife so prefer 1-year option over 90 day),

however my embassy now only issue single entry visa and may not be worth the hassle & cost (family is far so must use agent to deliver/pickup/mail passport, embassy asking now for stamped bank letter, more delays, my time there is too short so might not get visa on time)

So my plan-B is to re-enter Thailand visa exempt and take a trip 30 days later to a neighboring country to obtain a 1-year Non-O.
I will have 600 euros on me and my wife will be with me re-entering Chiang Mai airport immigration, so I plan to explain I could not get visa on time but will go to XXXXX in 30 days. 

So my question is, as of July 2019, what are the embassies/consulates that still deliver 1-year NON-O ME visa?
Preferably easy flying access from Chiang Mai, not requiring appointment/overcrowded (vientiane/savanakhet), with or without financial requirements..

Are Hanoi, HCMC, KL still good choices?

HCMC does require payment in USD and letter from wife requesting visa be issued.  Savannakhet is still the most used option for obtaining without bank information locally but avoid Monday and Thursday as group tourist visa trips run those days so very busy.  

• Like 1

I applied Non-O Marriage Visa (1 year multi) at HCM without bank statement. As Korean nationality, the visa fee was also exempted (it originally is 200 USD for multi entry). It took just 5 mins to submission and I took it on next day afternoon in a minute. 

• Like 2

No need to go all the way to Vietnam, unless you are interested to go there otherwise. The embassy in Savanakhet is easy, next day you get your visa, and has been a reliable reasonable embassy year after. As far as I know however, it is not directly accessible by air, so may involve a long bus ride from Bangkok, or an Air Asia  flight out to say Roi Et from Bangkok and a few hour bus ride to Mukdahan and then a short bus trip over the Mekong into town. So perhaps depending on where you are coming from, I suppose HCMC may not be a bad choice, perhaps even more convenient though I cannot vouch for the embassy there never tried it and haven't read anything about it on here. KL it seems to me won't do much of anything for anyone as I recall, I don't think you can get anything more than a "go away" from them.

I used the Jakarta Thai embassy in 2012 for a non-O multi and while it took a week to process my visa, I prefer dealing with Indonesians to Thais and that's who they had working there, so everything was smooth, logical, with helpful and communicative staff none of which exists in Thailand and is now an illegal way to conduct anything of importance since about 2012 or so. Though it took a week to get the visa at the Jakarta embassy they told me so up front. But Savanahkhet has been about as game/hidden agenda free as you'll get dealing with Thais, they seem to actually be interested in what they purport to be doing. Also, seems to me I recall reading people who have used Bali to get non-O multis as well, but it is just a Balinese guy running some authorized Thai visa service out his house and very kind of ad hoc but apparently totally legit. At least if it is a week long wait you could  spend it on some good beaches.

Savanakhet has a few reasonable places to stay its got some atmosphere in the old downtown and some different food than you find in Thailand, but nothing especially amazing about the place. Wine is much cheaper than in Thailand, so if you enjoy that, you can take advantage of that as well. I use Savanakhet, it works for getting the multi non-O, no hassles, no being turned away, only once getting rude treatment from staff, so Savanakhet gets my vote.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman