Free trade in marijuana will do more bad than good, warns academic

rooster59

the bit about driving is hilarious

I thought it was the only point at which he approached something resembling reality. Driving while high seems more or less safe while you're doing it, and I suppose it might be for short trips. But on the other hand pot makes you drowsy, which isn't generally considered good for driving...

The most addicting drugs worldwide are alcohol and tobacco. How many people die every day of these drugs? All governments make too much money on taxation on alcohol and tobacco, so please don't stop smoking or drinking!

Nobody EVER died of weed, and any other drug (heroin, yaa baa, etc) just have a couple of deaths, compared with alcohol and tobacco. Stop being so hypocrite!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, justin case said:

check if he is on the payroll of big pharma ...

I just finished checking and found that he is a Doctor and a leading medical lecturer at a major university so he is definitely on the take from big phase.

• Haha 2

Thira needs to broaden the topics of what he reads. Another Thai "academic" who has read a half a dozen reports looking for reasons not to approve something.

What if that results in accidents? Has anyone broken the bad news about whisky and beer to him?

You've got to be prepared as a doctor to do trial and error, and personalised medicine, to find the particular strain and the family that suits that person and that condition.

About 70% of people trying it will be helped either a little or a lot. 25 % can significantly reduce their #opiods dose

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/medical-cannabis-remarkably-useful-drug

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Same as most illegal drugs, apart from heroin.

Do you really want to tell me that speed, cocaine and other drugs are not addictive?

These drugs ruin millions of people on daily basis and speed seems to be the number one problem in this world.