TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May expats should hold tailgate parties at their respective immigration offices... EVERY DAY. Tie up the system, cause a raucous, and see if/when immigration breaks.

Next time, after completing/filing the TM30, tell the immigration officer that you will see him again tomorrow. When he shows that deer-in-the-headlights-look, tell him that if Thai gov't want to play stupid games, then foreigner can come up with better ones.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, lkv said:

Let me try to apply a logical fallacy myself, I see so many defenders of these idiotic regulations, twisting it like: "but it's online, it's easy, quick" etc etc.

It's worse in North Korea, you must be accompanied by a guide everywhere you go, and your movements are limited.

Thailand, unlike North Korea, generously allows you to move around anywhere you want, provided that you are tracked.

Therefore, I applaud the measures set by the Central Committee of Thailand, for the purpose of national security.

✌✌✌

The only National Security issue Thailand has is with China.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, Tanoshi said:

You can file the TM30 yourself as the tenant or occupier of the Condo.

No. I was told by by immigration department I cannot file the TM30 myself--even if given power of attorney from the owner.

12 minutes ago, canopy said:

No. I was told by by immigration department I cannot file the TM30 myself--even if given power of attorney from the owner.

Yikes i was under the impression you could call yourself the possessor  IO could make life much simpler for themselves if they published the requirements  print the requirements and give it with the next 90 day  report, generally people don't want to buck the system but many do due to either no hard and fast rule or a hard and fast rule that is interpreted different from one office to the next, or is the need for confusion a prerequisite for living in Los 

1 hour ago, canopy said:

I would get that in writing.  And why would someone post about the "immigration department" and not bother to say which one?

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Which Immigration office? Chaengwattana certainly allows self-filing.

Sorry, I thought it would be consistent across the board and so did not mention it. My experience is with the Phetchabun immigration that does not allow the tenant to file a tm30 under any circumstances including power of attorney given by the owner. The owner (Thai) in my case discussed this face to face with phetchabun immigration and is none too happy about this requirement having to jump on their toes within 24-hours of me entering Thailand at anytime. And I don't blame them. I would have hoped to be able to file it on their behalf, but that's the rule. Interesting at least one other office seems to be more lax.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Sorry, I thought it would be consistent across the board and so did not mention it. My experience is with the Phetchabun immigration that does not allow the tenant to file a tm30 under any circumstances including power of attorney given by the owner. The owner (Thai) in my case discussed this face to face with phetchabun immigration and is none too happy about this requirement having to jump on their toes within 24-hours of me entering Thailand at anytime. And I don't blame them. I would have hoped to be able to file it on their behalf, but that's the rule. Interesting at least one other office seems to be more lax.

One!

Have you read the title of this topic.

I've self filed as the tenant and occupier for the last 6 years, now registered to file online.

I sympathise. It's ridiculous that some offices allow self-filing but others do not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

If you have your name in a blue housebook than you have a residence permit and article 37 and 38 of the immigration act not apply to you. 37 and 38 omly apply to foeigners with a temporary permission of stay.

Art.38 and iys tm30 form is not the duty of the foreigner. It is the duty of the housemaster, the person that is the actual boss of the home with the legal right to decide who lives in this home and who is not or no longer permitted to stay there by example. If there is a housebook no matter yellow or blue, than the person stated as เจ้าบ้าน is in duty to file a tm30 and if failes only this person could be fined. It is not the duty of the foreigner to bring evidence that the housemaster processed a tm30.

I wonder if the ringleader of this circus who came up with this idiotic TM form idea, and the clown who implemented it still feel good about all the confusion it has caused expat retirees trying to live a non-stressful and peaceful life in Thailand.  If your goal was to add further harassment to the foreign community, congratulations you succeeded.  Good for you ????

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I wonder if the ringleader of this circus who came up with this idiotic TM form idea, and the clown who implemented it still feel good about all the confusion it has caused expat retirees trying to live a non-stressful and peaceful life in Thailand.  If your goal was to add further harassment to the foreign community, congratulations you succeeded.  Good for you ????

Probably, and solely, viewed it as a 'cash cow.' Perhaps a recent editorial in a newspaper we can't name might jar a saner folk of authority.

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I doubt it. It was in 1979, he's probably dead by now.

You can see the TM forms in this document from that year.

6 hours ago, schlemmi said:

Art.38 and iys tm30 form is not the duty of the foreigner. It is the duty of the housemaster, the person that is the actual boss of the home with the legal right to decide who lives in this home and who is not or no longer permitted to stay there by example. If there is a housebook no matter yellow or blue, than the person stated as เจ้าบ้าน is in duty to file a tm30 and if failes only this person could be fined. It is not the duty of the foreigner to bring evidence that the housemaster processed a tm30.

Not accurate.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence ,
or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in
the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration
Office........

While Section 4 says: “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a
house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity
whatsoever
, in accordance with the law on people act......

So a foreign tenant who's name is on the rental agreement/lease can/is legally be deemed the housemaster and responsible for filing the TM30.

5 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Not accurate.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence ,
or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in
the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration
Office........

While Section 4 says: “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a
house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity
whatsoever
, in accordance with the law on people act......

So a foreign tenant who's name is on the rental agreement/lease can/is legally be deemed the housemaster and responsible for filing the TM30.

Yes that right, many still dont appear to understand. 99% of expats are one of the above.

The witch hunt has started. Just tell them where these Farangs are and shut up.

It doesn't really matter how long they've been staying, what they did and still do for this country. It just doesn't matter, they're all up to no good.

Reading this article made me feel like a criminal. 

No wonder that more and more people are leaving and less people come to a country where only their money is wanted.

I'm sorry, but the last weeks were just a bit too much about innocent guys in detention and foreigners in general being the bad guys. 

55 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

It doesn't really matter how long they've been staying, what they did and still do for this country. It just doesn't matter, they're all up to no good.

Reading this article made me feel like a criminal. 

I think it was Arkady that mentioned in one thread many of these regulations were made when Chinese were flocking to the country in mid 1900's. Somewhat ironic they pop up again while the second wave is happening. Farangs are just collateral damage.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:49 PM, Tanoshi said:

I've self filed as the tenant and occupier for the last 6 years, now registered to file online.

I asked Phetchabun immigration if the app could be used. The head honcho had never heard of it and checked with a subordinate. The subordinate said it was for hotels and such only and could not be used if just renting a house. I am just the messenger reporting what I have been told.

7 hours ago, canopy said:

I asked Phetchabun immigration if the app could be used. The head honcho had never heard of it and checked with a subordinate. The subordinate said it was for hotels and such only and could not be used if just renting a house. I am just the messenger reporting what I have been told.

Ask him again in 12 months when he takes his head out of the sand.

You forgot to mention that they can also change from day to day and from officer to officer.

Yes first the fine was 800 Baht about 2 years ago - then 1600 Baht until recently and now apparently 2000 Baht according to this article.
Think they are making up the rules and fines from office to office as they go along.

The thing that I don’t like the most though - having been a law abiding person all my life - is to be told by halfwit law breaking, corrupt boot lickers to abide by the law or else.

What was the real reason again his predecessor got the boot??

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The subordinate probably made this up to save his boss the loss of face not knowing about it.

The immigration chief doesn’t get it that if a law is enforced - the people who are supposed to enforce it should maybe just maybe have heard about it before ??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What country wants people from other cultures for their personalities?

Wasn't that the idea of the "multi-culturalism", mostly in EU, notably Germany, France, Sweden - all of which have now determined it's a failure.

On 8/1/2019 at 5:15 PM, JimGant said:

Probably, and solely, viewed it as a 'cash cow.' Perhaps a recent editorial in a newspaper we can't name might jar a saner folk of authority.

How many Baht to lodge the document and get the confirmation of lodgement / receipt?

Is the Baht fee the same in all locations?

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

How many Baht to lodge the document and get the confirmation of lodgement / receipt?

Is the Baht fee the same in all locations?

If you're talking about filing a TM30, it doesn't cost anything. It's free.

14 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Wasn't that the idea of the "multi-culturalism", mostly in EU, notably Germany, France, Sweden - all of which have now determined it's a failure.

Yup said like a Proud Boy.  Seems some people thing Thailand should want us for our good smell after eating cheese and sexy hairless bodies.  

Archived