TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/2/2019 at 6:47 AM, sumrit said:

If you're talking about filing a TM30, it doesn't cost anything. It's free.

Nothing is free. Some have to waste time, fuel, and other resources to go to the Immo office. Others have to have an online internet account.

The one and only case where the TM30 would be free (i.e. does not have to be done) is if a foreigner is shagging the daughter of the Immigration Chief.

23 hours ago, finnomick1 said:

Arrive on Saturday. Immigration closed on sunday. Go Monday and get fined for being over their 24 hour limit. What a crock of ****

Immigration have come up with a solution just for you...............file the TM30  at the nearest main Police Station. There'll be one somewhere that's open 24/7 if you look hard enough. 55555555

Immigration have come up with a solution just for you...............file the TM30  at the nearest main Police Station. There'll be one somewhere that's open 24/7 if you look hard enough. 55555555

You cannot.
Only if no immigration is available in your city, that's clearly not the case in bkk.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:
13 minutes ago, sumrit said:

You cannot.
Only if no immigration is available in your city, that's clearly not the case in bkk.

It was a JOKE!!!

The poster I was replying to was clearly being pedantic in his post so I was replying in the same lighthearted way. I thought the 55555's at the end of my post was a clue, but obviously not to everybody.

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

And cross your fingers they know what it's about and are bothered to do anything with it - lots of luck with that one. 

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:
On 7/20/2019 at 5:06 PM, rooster59 said:

To confirm exactly what is required in your province, contact your local immigration office.

why?? arent  the  rules  all  over  Thailand the  same general?

I doesn't have any effect on your application at your local Immigration Office whatever the minor variations are in other parts of Thailand. The success or otherwise on your application will depend entirely on the rules where you apply. Forget anywhere else, they won't affect your application.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:52 PM, marcusarelus said:

Yup said like a Proud Boy.  Seems some people thing Thailand should want us for our good smell after eating cheese and sexy hairless bodies.  

Hairless heads seem to be popular. The wife often comments on it. Why so may farang cannot grow hair?

I laugh too. Cant understand it myself. Vanity? Fooling themselves that hey have more testosterone by shaving their heads? Most look like adicksans balls

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, marcusarelus said:

You don't live in Thailand so you'll never have to do it.  Why the rage?

Maybe he's returning from holiday? Who really 'lives' in Thailand? Even the PR people don't...leave for 12 months and you are just another long term extension person. Same old same old every 12 months. You don't live here, temporary permission to stay at best. Can't meet the rules...off you go!

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:31 PM, Gumballl said:

Nothing is free. Some have to waste time, fuel, and other resources to go to the Immo office. Others have to have an online internet account.

The one and only case where the TM30 would be free (i.e. does not have to be done) is if a foreigner is shagging the daughter of the Immigration Chief.

Its all a question of balance (yeah love the Moody Blues) . When the hassle out weighs the benefits....time to move on.

7 hours ago, sumrit said:

I doesn't have any effect on your application at your local Immigration Office whatever the minor variations are in other parts of Thailand. The success or otherwise on your application will depend entirely on the rules where you apply. Forget anywhere else, they won't affect your application.

was being  sarcastic

On 7/21/2019 at 11:16 AM, upena said:

I have reported to the local Thai Police and they had no idea what the TM 30 was.

I also read where one guy went to the police station and they said the cannot do it coz they dont have any stamps 

There is a hotline # people can call to report aliens not reporting TM 30 and I suspect that the recent reports of aliens being caught up in this is exactly that. I can soon see a day in which they will offer a reward for doing so just like the hotline # to report motorbikes on side walks. Report and receive B2000.

Topic's of conversations in the bar these days, I know a guy who has 3 year lease on a house the landlord is not interested in registering (Thai) should the farang with the lease just go ahead and register so that when he has friends and family visit him he can just login and register who is staying with him regardless of the owner? 

9 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

He says complete your 90 day ...... 90 day reporting is offline this morning again (Chrome/Mac)

It must be your computer for sure.

Anyways, alien is liable.

But not to wolly, it's only 2,000 baht.

Vely cheap.

(Sarcasm)

52 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

I can soon see a day in which they will offer a reward for doing so just like the hotline # to report motorbikes on side walks. Report and receive B2000.

Should be able to report any farangs that are not abiding by the immigration rules. May be then, and only then, will immigration stop coming down on us who abide by the rules.

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Every immigration commander is the big boss in his office . He Makes his own rules and regulations...

Limited. In that fines are set. He can't change them. And you are entitled to a receipt on being fined. 

• 1 month later...

In my/our case Immigration clipped a notice of report @ the back of our passports....first time date.....then a notification to report (90 days) your address again this date doesn't change, and we presume it is the 90 day date......when ever a member of the family moves in and or out of Thailand we report ourselves back @ Immigration Nongkhai and they stamp the new date on the first time attached address notification slip.

2 minutes job....polite bunch!!!

I've been married to my Thai for 20 years, all that time we've lived in Thailand. We own our own condo but the tabian baan is in here name. I've always had a one year retirement visa and never missed doing a 90 day report in all those years. So where do I stand if I were to visit her family for an annual extended stay? Do I need to submit a TM 30 form? If I do and don't submit a form how would I get caught living in the country on a farm? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mason45 said:

I've been married to my Thai for 20 years, all that time we've lived in Thailand. We own our own condo but the tabian baan is in her name. I've always had a one year retirement visa and never missed doing a 90 day report in all those years. So where do I stand if I were to visit her family for an annual extended stay? Do I need to submit a TM 30 form? If I do and don't submit a form how would I get caught living in the country on a farm? Thanks.

May I add when I mentioned this to her indoors she cracked up laughing but when I mentioned that she as the owner was responsible and she'd be fined 2,000 baht she threw a complete Thai wobbly.

May I add when I mentioned this to her indoors she cracked up laughing but when I mentioned that she as the owner was responsible and she'd be fined 2,000 baht she threw a complete Thai wobbly.

When I explained it to my gf/landlord she said “ not have “ and “ you can pay for me ? “ giving me that cute sad eyes expression .

My heartstrings were well and truly tugged !

Damn you emotions !!!!

Archived