TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so my friend has keys to one of HIS friends condo...HIS friend is in the Uk

If my friend actually comes here at short notice how can HIS friend report HIM (my friend) to Imm.

His friend does not know that my friend is at the condo.??????????

Probably the same way his friend does everything else to do with owning a condo in Thailand and not being here. The same as his electricity bill, his condo fees, his internet bill etc etc, he can do it online , have an agent or friend do it.

Using the online system would probably be the easyiest, or send copies of blue book and ID and the guy staying can submit.

If the person staying will not be visiting immigration for an extension etc, you could get away with not reporting.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your friend, or his friend, or any other friend can file a TM30 as the tenant or occupier of the Condo.

so MY friend has to report/fill in TM 30 and report to IMM...HIMSELF ????

The condo he would be using is in uk so he can not do the reporting can HE??

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Probably the same way his friend does everything else to do with owning a condo in Thailand and not being here. The same as his electricity bill, his condo fees, his internet bill etc etc, he can do it online , have an agent or friend do it.

Using the online system would probably be the easyiest, or send copies of blue book and ID and the guy staying can submit.

If the person staying will not be visiting immigration for an extension etc, you could get away with not reporting.

the condo fees are paid yearly.....electric, then the owner of condo would have left money in the condo office so that the meter would not be taken away...

Internet would be probably in house internet....payable monthly at about 400 per month...

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

so MY friend has to report/fill in TM 30 and report to IMM...HIMSELF ????

The condo he would be using is in uk so he can not do the reporting can HE??

Any person staying at the Condo can file the TM30 himself as the possessor.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes, i wrote about that here before somewhere. Reason being if u are the registered housemaster the system at the airport doesn't log your tm30 out so you are still registered. 

Of course i got only naysayer replies, including mods here, but now u have it from immigration source too. ???? 

So much for the systems aren't connected, they are.. And revenue department sooner or later too. 

I have my own yellow house book and pink ID card and asked the same question at my local Immigration Office In Chiang Mai Province about two years ago.

Their response was that my wife had to lodge the TM 30 form as the house book was issued by the local Ampur not them and presumably not recognized.

8 minutes ago, essox essox said:

ok I thought it had to be the OWNER of condo who had to do reporting.....

No.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

After reading that Cambodia has today announced they are implementing their own "TM30" foreigner reporting/tracking as well I think you maybe right.

That's not the only news from Cambodia today:

https://thehill.com/policy/international/asia-pacific/454074-china-signs-secret-deal-to-use-cambodia-naval-base-report

2 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

After reading that Cambodia has today announced they are implementing their own "TM30" foreigner reporting/tracking as well I think you maybe right.

Source?

My friend lives in thailand. A month ago i went to visit. We did a little road trip, booked rooms in a hotel for 3 nights.

After 1st night went to visit other friend and drank too much so booked a hotel for the night. Then back to original hotel next day.

Wonder if imm will be confused he supposedly stayed at 2 different hotels on the same night.

14 hours ago, Arkady said:

This is definitely in the 1979 Immigration  Act but I but my memories go back to the early 80s and I can't remember it ever being strictly enforced.  Since much of the 1979 Act, which focuses a lot on permanent residence that was easy to obtain then, is out of date or redundant (this part in particular), it is probably about time it was thrown out and re-drafted in line with Thailand's needs today.  Many of the visas people use today didn't exist in 1979, i.e. retirement and marriage extensions, and have been created piecemeal through national police orders which have not been submitted to parliamentary scrutiny. 

The correct way is to restore the PR route, then it starts to make some sense again. The current long term temporary residences should be limited to 5y max, after which it should be obligatory to apply for PR (and get it within weeks). The reason they don't do that is they don't want us here on a permanent basis. So they've made PR as hard to get as they can, whith queue around the moon.

17 hours ago, ttrd said:

Yes you did, BUT

RE "As it's said - with many rules and regulations from immigration, the actual requirements may differ from one office to another"

To confirm exactly what is required in your province, contact your local immigration office.

* So it is up to the immigration office where you belong to what process they might have - it's just fantastic that one rule not applies for the whole country so with this in mind forget what has been said and always check with the immigration office in the province you are at all times located as the rules may differ ...

Perhaps I should phone them now and ask about my yellow book, I should get an answer, but I would not know if that answer is going to change the following day, or the following week, or the week after that. Welcome to Thailand everyone.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Perhaps I should phone them now and ask about my yellow book, I should get an answer, but I would not know if that answer is going to change the following day, or the following week, or the week after that. Welcome to Thailand everyone.

Or who is going to be on the other end of the phone..

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Immigration use your Passport number as your ID, not your Yellow book.

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration use your Passport number as your ID, not your Yellow book.

The Yellow Book is not ID anyway (and is not acceptable for ID purposes) It proves your permanent residence, nothing more. Its the Pink foreigner ID card that you can use for ID and Immigration do have a record of that tagged to your Passport.

4 minutes ago, sumrit said:

The Yellow Book is not ID anyway (and is not acceptable for ID purposes) It proves your permanent residence, nothing more. Its the Pink foreigner ID card that you can use for ID and Immigration do have a record of that tagged to your Passport.

Funnily enough to get the pink card you need the yellow book first. The Thai ID number for aliens and other illegals (Starts with 6 IIRC) is created in their system when they grant the yellow book. That'll then be on the pink ID too. Been there, done that. All but useless, even the military sai kaeow beach doesn't accept the pink id anymore, still double pricing.

1 hour ago, tcp7 said:

Source?

This is in reference to the report that Cambodia also has a law regarding reporting of foreigners.

It was in Bangkok Post, stated by the Cambodian Interior Minister. 

Apparently this law has been there since 2010, and he is reminding all residence owners that they must report foreigners residing in their premises to the police within 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Funnily enough to get the pink card you need the yellow book first. The Thai ID number for aliens and other illegals (Starts with 6 IIRC) is created in their system when they grant the yellow book. That'll then be on the pink ID too. Been there, done that. All but useless, even the military sai kaeow beach doesn't accept the pink id anymore, still double pricing.

Not just for a yellow book, for foreigners (and Thais incidentally) who pay personal taxes are given an ID number, which is also their tax ID number, even if they don't have a yellow book. Those who already have a yellow book use their ID number for tax purposes. 

Although many of us do get reduced (Thai) pricing on production of a Pink ID card that's not primarily what it's for and getting a reduced price should be considered a bonus. 

Primarily, it is what it says, an ID card. 

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Yup, I got my pink id card after i got the yellow house book.

11 minutes ago, icymanipulator82 said:

This is all utterly confusing! I have a Thai wife and live in her family home. I have a yellow house book. I am on a work visa (not marriage visa). Do I need to do the TM30 reporting? Cheers in advance!

Yes, but dependant on local office for requirements or enforcement. 

O.K. Chief!  I understand the statement at the same time think we expats and visitors want to do the right thing at the same time Immigration Chief in the past, recent and even you seem to not get the big picture might want to look in the mirror and get your own house in order.  The TM30 is something very simple along with many of the other immigration rules yet something so simple as " report where you are " has generated 38 pages of discussion and discussions of visa rules such as income, transfers, etc etc. generates more topic and discussion just the last few months.

The main reason every Immigration department throughout Thailand can't get on the same page explain and apply your rules consistently right now left doesn't know what the right is doing when the office in Chiang Mai can get on the same page as Bangkok or Pattaya then I think you can lecture me and other I suggest get your own house in order before you start to preach of course in all due respect to you and your country!????

From time to time we have friends or relatives who stay temporarily with us whilst they are on holiday or business trips.

just a couple of question re the form if someone can help.

1. At the top of page 1 is “WRITTEN AT” what should go here?, it’s just above the Date, Month & Year.

2. Page 2 “NAME OF ALIENS IN RESIDENCE” - “Expire date of stay” i take it this is the date they leave our house & not date leave Thailand. If they initially intend to stay for a week but stay longer is another application required?

3. Do the forms have to be completed in Thai or is English acceptable?

On 7/20/2019 at 5:51 PM, madmitch said:

I'm overseas at the moment and will return and stay in our house in the GF's province, where I don't usually reside.During the 2 weeks before going back to Phuket I'll spend at least 2 nights in a Bangkok hotel, stay with friends in Lopburi and another hotel either in Chonburi or Hua Hin.

In theory I'd have to report the one night spent with friends and 4 times at the provincial Immigration office; the two other trips out should be reported by hotels.

No chance!

hope for your sake its not 800baht per offence.

Archived