TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

16 minutes ago, Wytchend said:

Question? As a tourist, do I need to advise my constant movements?

No.

My landlord must be reporting me here as the tenant, and is fully aware I'm often traveling in & out.

Should be ... but are they?

I never play around with visa extensions, just in & out, on time!

Am I breaking any laws. This has got me a little worried now?

Forget it, if what you have laid out is correct you have no issues.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have good idea where u stay when u fill in the immigration  card before u arrive.unless u don,t stay there then they know nothing.they know your Visa status and if u overstay later.it seems they are wanting to control everything from Thais to farang.tourist are now going elsewhere and moving because of this control.time to make it a little easier for everyone and not control everyone lives

You can do a multi entry 1 year visa and just leave the country every 90 days. That way you don't have to apply for an extension and don't have to deal with all of immigration's games designed to drive you out of the country and simply mess with you for fun and recreation. There is no purpose to reporting your whereabouts and it is done out of spite, xenophobia  and malice and a dash of sadism and has nothing to do with their job description which is to regulate the foreign component of the population. Punishing people who are here legally with the requirement of having to constantly and needlessly report whereabouts is not about immigration or regulating foreigners its about bullying and humiliation because you don't know what else to do, its getting into the abuse of power and position zone.  But going the other way, by letting immigration string you out on their  visa extension program you just feed the trolls and that encourages them and they lose even more respect because you just continue to go to them no matter what they do and so they throw more stuff at us and laugh all the harder..  Thailand needs to sheet or get off the pot and own up to the fact that foreigners are not wanted in the country and ban them outright or stop with all of this and wake up and smell the fruit loops and treat people who are generally speaking an asset to the country and its sacred image as just that. That poster looks like something out of North Korea. Is that what Thailand would like, for the country to be perceived as being like that? Its there for all the world to see so they are making a good start with that image.  It ought to be on mainstream media that poster and if they are not careful it may soon be.  It makes it look like the Thai government perceives foreigners as bad children who need to be watched for their every move. Would freedom loving Thais even Thai children put up with this, no way.  Create rules that work and get rid of those you don't want  and keep busy with enforcing them fairly and correctly, it is completely destructive to all of Thailand to continue going down this road of attacking foreigners who are permited to stay in the first place with demeaning info graphics and harassment. The penny will eventually drop internationally on this front as well as all the others such as tourist murders and denials of entry after people fly all the way out etc and certainly will drop if more ridiculous rules that are impossible to comply with for many are introduced as they no doubt will if the current immigration chief stays for any length of time.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, kellersphuket said:

No thanks Mr. Big shot, I'm leaving.

You aint treating me like a common criminal any longer!

Damn right.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, z42 said:

Idiocy at its finest. This thing won't last. When large numbers of Thais start getting fines it'll be reined in.

But what a pathetic spectacle it is right now. A mate of mine had his door knocked on and his condo owner fined after he visited a province only 40km away

How long did he stay? Distance is not the issue. The last time i arrived back in LOS from a UK visit I went to Jomtien IO to report within 24 hours....THEY were NOT interested....told me to come back in 90 days. I travel extensively in Thailand, often at Resorts where they have no interest in my passport,  and travel twice a year out of Thailand...TM 30 never been an issue. I wonder if the problems arise from the type of visa you have and the permanency of your  accommodation? I have been in the same address for years and have a retirement visa.....and I play the game....I always pay an agent/IO to get me sorted. So no 800k and no TM problem...Also no Thai wife/ family back channeling to IO to get a cut. 

18 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

What is unbelievable about this poster is the head of Thai Immigration actually approved it.  If anyone thinks this anti-westerner nonsense is going to stop here, you must still beieve in the Easter Bunny.  I can't imagine what is coming next. 

If you watch Thai news, they are quick to bring to every ones attention the slightest infraction a westerner is involved in. The Thai media is quick to vilify westerners in what seems to be an effort to convince the average Thai citizen, westerners are law breakers and should be closely watched.

I wonder what they mean by "For your own safety and life security and property, please comply with the law."

image.png.762755aec3719ea2a87dbb1460e79a36.png 

Ok so managed to find the video with the transnational crime aka the bomber.

This is what they mean by: "For your own safety and life security and property, please comply with the law."

Same silly nationalistic anti foreigner rhetoric that you mentioned already.

On 7/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

And they wonder why people are giving Thailand a miss. It's like conditions on parole after being let out of prison

14 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

TM-30–no problem.  90-day reporting—can do.  OA-M with marriage, and now proof of health insurance—will comply.  Now can you please ask BoT to stop screwing with the hot money inflows, so we can get that damned Baht down?

Every time a retiree deposits 800,000 (£21000)Baat in a Thai Bank the Baat will increase in value. ( Thai Foreign currency reserve)

14 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

TM-30–no problem.  90-day reporting—can do.  OA-M with marriage, and now proof of health insurance—will comply.  Now can you please ask BoT to stop screwing with the hot money inflows, so we can get that damned Baht down?

Thai foreign currency reserve overflowing, Baat will not come down

9 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

It's not difficult is it! The TM30 form which i only found out about on the 4th July 2019 and was fined 800 Baht. Afterall I've only been in Thailand since 2006 on a retirement visa.

And you're apologising for getting fleeced in this way? Get a grip! 

Just ask for one of the automatic TM-30 trackers.  No need to report in.

I tell you, I'm thinking of visiting Thailand in September for maybe 30 days +/-.  Would like to go to Vietnam for a week or so, then maybe bop across into Laos for a day or three, as it's close and we have a place in Loei.  Seems like such a headache with this visa nonsense.  If I stay at our house in Loei, the deed of which is actually registered in my sis-in-law's name, what do we do?  SIL is in the USA.  I just want to have a good visit, spend money, eat, drink beer, tease the little grand-nieces.  I'm scared that I'll get caught out in another country even if I have a return ticket from BKK.

image.png.d682ed99d12996782cddb2e03b9059a0.png

On 7/20/2019 at 12:28 PM, transam said:

Mrs.Trans got fined this year because no TM30 and I have had a yellow book for her address for 12 years....Think they need to clarify, IF that is at all possible..????

I have for several years tried to leave a form where my wife declare that I live in her house but the IO says it is not needed, enough with my 90-day report they say. So who to blame? I am however sure who that will have to pay the fee.

6 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

You can do a multi entry 1 year visa and just leave the country every 90 days. That way you don't have to apply for an extension and don't have to deal with all of immigration's games designed to drive you out of the country and simply mess with you for fun and recreation. There is no purpose to reporting your whereabouts and it is done out of spite, xenophobia  and malice and a dash of sadism and has nothing to do with their job description which is to regulate the foreign component of the population. Punishing people who are here legally with the requirement of having to constantly and needlessly report whereabouts is not about immigration or regulating foreigners its about bullying and humiliation because you don't know what else to do, its getting into the abuse of power and position zone.  But going the other way, by letting immigration string you out on their  visa extension program you just feed the trolls and that encourages them and they lose even more respect because you just continue to go to them no matter what they do and so they throw more stuff at us and laugh all the harder..  Thailand needs to sheet or get off the pot and own up to the fact that foreigners are not wanted in the country and ban them outright or stop with all of this and wake up and smell the fruit loops and treat people who are generally speaking an asset to the country and its sacred image as just that. That poster looks like something out of North Korea. Is that what Thailand would like, for the country to be perceived as being like that? Its there for all the world to see so they are making a good start with that image.  It ought to be on mainstream media that poster and if they are not careful it may soon be.  It makes it look like the Thai government perceives foreigners as bad children who need to be watched for their every move. Would freedom loving Thais even Thai children put up with this, no way.  Create rules that work and get rid of those you don't want  and keep busy with enforcing them fairly and correctly, it is completely destructive to all of Thailand to continue going down this road of attacking foreigners who are permited to stay in the first place with demeaning info graphics and harassment. The penny will eventually drop internationally on this front as well as all the others such as tourist murders and denials of entry after people fly all the way out etc and certainly will drop if more ridiculous rules that are impossible to comply with for many are introduced as they no doubt will if the current immigration chief stays for any length of time.

Thai people in lucrative position have created the situation by their corrupt activities. So if tourism drops off they have themselves to blame. It would be nice if Bangkok Post,Nation newspapers would put all the corrupt activities committed on one page. Ordinary Thai people are very nice and obliging.

6 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

Excellent comment throughout - I took the liberty of highlighting in bold the bits that especially appealed to me, 

2 hours ago, lkv said:

Ok so managed to find the video with the transnational crime aka the bomber.

This is what they mean by: "For your own safety and life security and property, please comply with the law."

Same silly nationalistic anti foreigner rhetoric that you mentioned already.

The style they choose to use in these (and all other such “informative” posters) speaks volume to me about the Thai level of maturity and their stage of mental development. Why all the silly cartoon characters in all these posters? Are they so immature that they can only relate to cartoon characters?

i see everywhere in the oil and gas industry here...silly posters with silly cartoon characters conveying messages about safe work practices.

For me this just says so much about how retrarded (in the true sense of the word) the population is...probably because of the education system (or lack thereof).

2 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Thai people in lucrative position have created the situation by their corrupt activities. So if tourism drops off they have themselves to blame. It would be nice if Bangkok Post,Nation newspapers would put all the corrupt activities committed on one page. Ordinary Thai people are very nice and obliging.

That is my experience, at least up-country in Isaan.  Same as some farangs.  I sponsored seven Thai family members to come to the USA (thought I was getting two).  Only one is now a citizen, but they behave.  Other relatives in Thailand treat me well, as I'm pretty much the old man now.

5 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

The style they choose to use in these (and all other such “informative” posters) speaks volume to me about the Thai level of maturity and their stage of mental development. Why all the silly cartoon characters in all these posters? Are they so immature that they can only relate to cartoon characters?...

They want little kids to rat out the foreigners and their parents.  Programming ...

On 7/20/2019 at 8:17 AM, tomacht8 said:

On the TM6 is my address.

On my pink ID card is my address.

On my yellow house book is my address.

On my thai driving license is my address.

On my Thai health insurance card is my address.

12 Call, my electricity supplier, 7-11, Big C,

Lotus Tesco, Makro, Watson, Home Pro,

the BTS, my Banks, my Moneychanger all have my Address.

The immigration has my fingerprints, face scan, my phone number and my blood type....

So, you bring in multiple copies of all those documents and present them.  And then they ask you where you live? It's a trick question.  

I've also decided to leave.

I've had enough of a predominantly racist nation that act imperialistic with little more than prostition, extortion, fraud, cheap rubbish goods, very poor cleanliness, customer service, brash loud rudness, disrespect, extortion, corruption, pollution, filth and dirt, street dogs, lawlessness, increase in violence, dishonesty, abuse and soooo on...

The unprovoked attacked on my persons last week by a jumped up egotistic, racist Thai guaard was the last straw.

I NO LONGER FEEL RESPECTED, LIKED OR WELCOME AND FEEL A VERY STRONG DISLIKE TOWARD ME FROM MOST THAI FOR BEING A FOREIGNER. I FEEL VERY UNSAFE!

Watch channel 35 news reports in the morming...

What happen if i live in my own appartment most of the time and stay one or two days at my gf house?... and if we move to her parents house in the country side for a weekend? Shall it be a constant surveillance? 

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

They want little kids to rat out the foreigners and their parents.  Programming ...

Cultural revolution posters updated for millennials. Next thing we'll be seeing them using minions to further the agenda. 

On 7/20/2019 at 5:06 PM, rooster59 said:

The acting head of Thai Immigration Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang appears to be stepping up his policy of making sure that all house owners and hoteliers report the whereabouts of foreigners within 24 hours or face fines.

Does anyone think like I do that this may also be a veiled message to the individual immigration offices to get on the same (bad) page on this issue?

Meaning, making the offices that don't enforce this TM30, or have more lax ways of enforcing than the written law. Where I am living, and have been living for the last 20 years, I have never been asked for a TM30 (even though that onus would be on my wife as I am living on property in her name) for any 90 day reports (which I don't do in person anyway) or annual extensions of stay.

Hope that I am wrong, but the wording of K. Sompong's speech would involve all imigration offices if all house owners and hoteliers were to follow what has been said.

Note: I was going to ask our HR to have a discreet word with our immigration office to see where we stand, but have decided to let sleeping dogs lie in case that sort of query ruffles feathers. My next 90 days isn't until the middle of September anyway.

46 minutes ago, Percy P said:

One page,

How about 40 pages per day for a year.

Archived