TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

2 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

If the method is to lock foreigners out of the low-rent apartments, then yes, it seems to be working. I doubt it affects the higher end of the rental market as the customers are largely wealthier foreigners.

You think expensive apartment owners want to pay tax on their rental income?

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon landlords won't rent to foriegners or charge extra for tm30 BS. 

I can't to help to feel unwelcome here. 

With a report of 600+ people in que at CW for tm30 I don't know how imagration computer system can cope. 

Do you think that it's beyond the realms of possibility for them to start molesting foreigners about tax, if that was to happen?

They seem to be molesting them for everything else up until now.

The fact that one thinks he is compliant with laws, in a country where law enforcement is selective and arbitrary, might indicate improper tax planning when assessing a country's risk, and purchasing paid visa options.
Nah, there's nothing to get from foreigners here.

Except the ones who rent out, as i expect them to go after landlords, no matter if thai or foreigner. Many don't pay income taxes on their rentals and with tons of rental contracts they get from tm30 they will have an easy play to proof this.

And i will make a party on that day [emoji322]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

How do you get "if you have a yellow book etc" from rooster59s statment ????

Rooster said: "If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there."

So is the opposite true? If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are named on the tabian baan, then your wife is not required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there. I don't know if this is correct or not, I'm asking others for their opinions - but why bother saying it at all if there are no exceptions to the reporting rule at all?

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

You've never talked to a low level apartment owner.  I can tell.  They go on and on about the hours and days it takes to clean up after a Thai renter and the amount of money they lose as opposed to renting to Farang.  Go actually talk to one.  

True, I admit I have not talked to one. I'm basing my comments on my personally having observed an apartment/condo owner arguing with an immigration officer in a very heated exchange. And, basing it further on having personally talked to a young European who could not get a cheap apartment because they told him they would no longer rent to foreigners because of the fines. So, admittedly, a limited data set....

23 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Best policy.  Just pay the fine once when you need to do something at immigration.  Try to comply, & you'll slip up eventually & get the same fine.

Less hassle for you and the IOs get their "reward". A win win. 

Just now, blackcab said:

If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are named on the tabian baan, then your wife is not required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there. 

That's a good question but I suspect that the answer would be that it will be left to the discretion of the Immigration Officer and Office nearest you.

As mentioned in other threads, I'm also out of here - and no, the door won't hit me on the way out ????

I teach online, and that's not strictly legal in Thailand. 

I do local community volunteer work, and strictly speaking, I need an NGO work permit for that, which I don't/can't have because I just teach in my local community.

Am I just moaning and will still be here next year?  Nope.  Notice given on my rented house, half my chattels already moved to Luang Prabang, Lao business visa, work permit and ID card already applied for, (no need for $ in the bank). I already held meetings with the Lao government chaps about my satellite design work/expertise which I'll be engaged in as part of my radio hobby.

I should be outta here by the middle of next month.

No-one in Thai authority will miss me at all.  But I suspect that when many other expats leave (as I predict that they will), perhaps the authorities will realise that you can only push people so far until you reach the tipping point.

Screenshot_20190720-142819_Samsung Internet.jpg

Next chaper of the saga will be TM28.

Coming soon to a theatre near you.

"BUT BUT The law was written a long time ago"

"It was just not enforced until now"

I have a nephew and his gf visiting in August and they will stay at our house on 4 different nights.

1. Should I report them both staying on these different dates with us in 1 visit to immigration?

2. If they put a hotel on their arrival tm30 card and do not go the that hotel will it be a problem?

(not use my address)

3. Should I report them at our home for the entire period?

Thanks.

Rooster said: "If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are not named on the tabian baan, then your wife is required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there."

So is the opposite true? If you live in a house which is in your wife’s name and you are named on the tabian baan, then your wife is not required to submit a TM.30 form telling immigration you live there. I don't know if this is correct or not, I'm asking others for their opinions - but why bother saying it at all if there are no exceptions to the reporting rule at all?
Yes, if u did a tm30 once and u are merely returning back to the address where u are registered in the housebook you are good according to my information as the airport system doesn't kick your existing tm30 out.

I have no idea what happens if u travel around in thailand and register in hotels tho... Would assume u are still fine and they see that ur tabiaan ban is your primary address.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I had a foursome last night; three girls from Soi Cowboy staying with me. (Two of them said they were from Laos.) Was too drunk to remember their names. I think, one called herself 'Apple' (or 'Banana'??)... Anyway it was a fruit! I'm sure about that. So, what do I write now onto my TM.30 report??

On the TM6 is my address.

On my pink ID card is my address.

On my yellow house book is my address.

On my thai driving license is my address.

On my Thai health insurance card is my address.

12 Call, my electricity supplier, 7-11, Big C,

Lotus Tesco, Makro, Watson, Home Pro,

the BTS, my Banks, my Moneychanger all have my Address.

The immigration has my fingerprints, face scan, my phone number and my blood type.

If I visit Thai relatives and sleep there for one night, do they have to go to immigration and get in touch? I have Thai relatives who can neither read nor write.

The TM 30 does not make sense to me.

The TM 30 System should definitely be overhauled.

I guess the problem only really rears its head if you stay somewhere and the place submits a TM30 about your stay (many will not though) and then you fail to do one on your return to normal address ... otherwise how would they know? Also, not filling one in if you do a re-entry permit when you re-enter and go home will red flag you too. However, as mentioned, the more sleepy IO might not even give a toss about it all ... which way is the wind blowing today? Expat workers and retirees that have more that one residence should have the option of informing their IO of multiple addresses they can be found at when doing a 90 day report ... and failing that, then just phone me up you lazy people as you've had my phone number now for 15 years.   

1 hour ago, kellersphuket said:

No thanks Mr. Big shot, I'm leaving.

You aint treating me like a common criminal any longer!

I really don't get what the big deal is.  You own your place of residence, you fill out a TM30 one time. 

So you do not need to report your address when you enter the Philippines?  What about if you fly out and return, do you not fill out your address on the immigration card?  Same same really. 

I guess you left the USA because it was too much trouble to fill out your tax returns every year? Wait you still have too.  Bad analogy

Don't want to see a doctor because I have to fill out a form first, too much work.

Rather die in my home than go to the hospital because I will have to fill out a form

Don't want to buy medical insurance because I have to fill out forms - will die at home anyway - 55

Hope you can live out your life without ever having to fill out a form - more power to you 

I just returned from Isaan. Stayed at gf's house for 10 days. She never did a tm30.

Well I didn't want to tell her about it because then I'd have to drive her to the nearest police station.....and we don't really like that lot either.

2 minutes ago, 300sd said:

I just returned from Isaan. Stayed at gf's house for 10 days. She never did a tm30.

Well I didn't want to tell her about it because then I'd have to drive her to the nearest police station.....and we don't really like that lot either.

so lucky the swat team didn't surround her house & put you on national tv!

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

what happened to a TM29, are they keeping that as a surprise?

It's actually TM28

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS

And this is actually the tenant's responsability, not the landlord's.

Yes, it's kept in the goodies bag for future enforcement.

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

It's actually TM28

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS

And this is actually the tenant's responsability, not the landlord's.

Yes, it's kept in the goodies bag for future enforcement.

That went way over your head ???? 

8 minutes ago, 300sd said:

I just returned from Isaan. Stayed at gf's house for 10 days.

Yep, so according to Immigration Act Section 37, she broke the law by failing to do a TM30 report, and you broke the law by failing to do a TM28 report.

Not kidding.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

However, if for example you have friends or family staying with you at your home in Thailand you have a responsibility to submit a TM.30 within 24 hours of their arrival so that immigration know your friends are staying at your address.

No one is ever going to do this when friends come over and stay the night. 

If we start seeing police going door to door and collecting 2,000 baht from those who have not filled out a TM30 form I will eat my words. 

So many laws on the books that are never enforced anywhere....littering in thailand is a 2000 baht fine, riding without a helmet - 500? baht fine.  Riding motorcycle on sidewalk ...   so many laws they break and few ever are enforced

A rule that is 40 years old is totally outdated but is being enforced now.

They have a new thing now called computers!!!

They know where you stay when you arrive because you already write that down,immigration computers are connected to a new thing called the internet.

Do i need to go on?

Oh yeah i just remember,common sense is not a common thing here.

Dont worry ,they will think up another useless rule next week.

Stay tuned for more!!!

Archived