TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

No one is ever going to do this when friends come over and stay the night. 

If we start seeing police going door to door and collecting 2,000 baht from those who have not filled out a TM30 form I will eat my words. 

So many laws on the books that are never enforced anywhere....littering in thailand is a 2000 baht fine, riding without a helmet - 500? baht fine.  Riding motorcycle on sidewalk ...   so many laws they break and few ever are enforced

You forget that xenophobia & paranoi have taken over the asylum.  It's a witch hunt.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

No one is ever going to do this when friends come over and stay the night. 

If we start seeing police going door to door and collecting 2,000 baht from those who have not filled out a TM30 form I will eat my words. 

So many laws on the books that are never enforced anywhere....littering in thailand is a 2000 baht fine, riding without a helmet - 500? baht fine.  Riding motorcycle on sidewalk ...   so many laws they break and few ever are enforced

Dont forget, we are not Thai.

1 hour ago, keemapoot said:

If the method is to lock foreigners out of the low-rent apartments, then yes, it seems to be working. I doubt it affects the higher end of the rental market as the customers are largely wealthier foreigners.

Yes, I agree it wont impact the high end much, if at all, but the low and middle rental properties....hit the Thai owners in their hip-pocket nerves often enough and turn them off dealing with farang tenants. Pretty smart move really.

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You can eat your words, they are going to condos knocking at the door, you must have missed some of the threads here.

13 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

So many laws on the books that are never enforced anywhere....littering in thailand is a 2000 baht fine, riding without a helmet - 500

Between Asok and Nana in Bangkok the cigarette butt police is pulling that stunt every day for at least 3 years?

No helmet fines also enforced for a few years also.

45 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

On the TM6 is my address.

On my pink ID card is my address.

On my yellow house book is my address.

On my thai driving license is my address.

On my Thai health insurance card is my address.

12 Call, my electricity supplier, 7-11, Big C,

Lotus Tesco, Makro, Watson, Home Pro,

the BTS, my Banks, my Moneychanger all have my Address.

The immigration has my fingerprints, face scan, my phone number and my blood type.

If I visit Thai relatives and sleep there for one night, do they have to go to immigration and get in touch? I have Thai relatives who can neither read nor write.

The TM 30 does not make sense to me.

The TM 30 System should definitely be overhauled.

You forgot 90 day report!!!

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

To confirm exactly what is required in your province, contact your local immigration office.

Don't think my local office wants to bother with this bull and I won't be asking them anytime soon. 

It's up to you big chief to get all your ducks in a row.....give us a call when you do. 

You have our numbers and emails...

2 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

I wonder of the fine you paid (must have a receipt) will get you out of your next fine for the current month ... as in the speeding ticket rule here (which is good for a day).

You'll be exempt from further fines for a full 24 hours...

2 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Is there any significance in the words "on a temporary basis"?

I own my condo and live there permanently by extending my retirement visa every 12 months.

I did my 90 days reporting online a few weeks  ago and was not asked about TM30 

A friend, in the same position as me, did an extension on his retirement visa without any request for TM30 either.

Both at CW 

temporary as in not having permanent residency status

you are only allowed to stay for one year, so you are considered to be in Thailand temporary and if you stay somewhere you have to be reported

4 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Don't think my local office wants to bother with this bull and I won't be asking them anytime soon. 

It's up to you big chief to get all your ducks in a row.....give us a call when you do. 

You have our numbers and emails...

And addresses!

7 minutes ago, Creasy said:

Wouldn't it be easier to put ankle monitors on all foreigners ?

If they continue to copy China, which they are doing already, they can install spyware on tourist's phones.

It inconveniences the tourist less than an ankle monitor.

Again, not kidding.

They had a bright idea also, with sim cards that track foreigners a little while ago. Actually, it would not surprise me if the data is already shared by Telecom companies with Immigration.

www.foxnews.com/tech/china-is-installing-spyware-on-tourists-phones.amp

45 minutes ago, TSF said:

Yes, I agree it wont impact the high end much, if at all, but the low and middle rental properties....hit the Thai owners in their hip-pocket nerves often enough and turn them off dealing with farang tenants. Pretty smart move really.

I somehow doubt that the thinking is that joined up!

After Big Joks epic tales of daring do, first in the Tourist Police and subsequently the Immigration Police, it is becoming increasingly difficult for his successors to make a mark, BJ managed to make himself a household word - not that id did him a lot of good in the end - these chaps feel that they have to make a mark somehow.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

On the TM6 is my address.

On my pink ID card is my address.

On my yellow house book is my address.

On my thai driving license is my address.

On my Thai health insurance card is my address.

12 Call, my electricity supplier, 7-11, Big C,

Lotus Tesco, Makro, Watson, Home Pro,

the BTS, my Banks, my Moneychanger all have my Address.

The immigration has my fingerprints, face scan, my phone number and my blood type.

If I visit Thai relatives and sleep there for one night, do they have to go to immigration and get in touch? I have Thai relatives who can neither read nor write.

The TM 30 does not make sense to me.

The TM 30 System should definitely be overhauled.

Totally agree.   

Bureaucracy is Good, without it our tax dollars would go to unsefull projects like infrastructure,  55

1 hour ago, lkv said:

It's actually TM28

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS

And this is actually the tenant's responsability, not the landlord's.

Yes, it's kept in the goodies bag for future enforcement.

Yes I know but what about TM29, why did they miss a number out?

8 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Yes I know but what about TM29, why did they miss a number out?

Isn't that the one where you report what books you read and what TV shows you watch, and which must be reported within 12 hours of finishing off the book or the show?

3 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:
3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

This was just posted in another thread regarding Nonthburi immigration and the law stating we must inform them before we leave the home going to another province over 24hrs. 

http://nonthaburi.immigration.go.th/en/2018/12/01/พ-ร-บ-คนเข้าเมือง/

What's going to be the next straw?

3 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

How the #@#* can you inform them before you leave home, especially if you don't use chrome or IE browsers?

Just where does it say you have notify them before you leave home?

I've just read: 'Notification can be done with the local police within 48 hours from the arrival time'. I repeat. 48 hours from the arrival time.

I can GUARANTEE you this saga will be over within 6 months at the most. Here is why:

The condo property price boom in Bangkok is being driven by Chinese buyers. Those Chinese buyers are almost ALL renting them out AirBnB style to Chinese tourists. It is a system now in China.

As soon as this becomes a big story in China (and it will do so sooner or later) someone with some common sense (I know that is impossible here but let’s use that term for the sake of simplicity) will put an end to it.

The Chinese will not stand for this...and whilst the powers that be seem hell bent on getting rid of “westerners” they will damn well do as they are told by their new Chinese masters.

5 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Isn't that the one where you report what books you read and what TV shows you watch, and which must be reported within 12 hours of finishing off the book or the show?

Yep, they called it "foreigner information form", they wanted to know your Facebook and the bars you go to.

That was an excellent idea, not sure why they gave that one up.

My son and his family is coming to visit us in Dec.  Does my wife have to file out the TM 30 (I really will be doing it) each day they are here or do you just do it once for the whole them they are here before they move on to Phuket?

9 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yep, they called it "foreigner information form", they wanted to know your Facebook and the bars you go to.

That was an excellent idea, not sure why they gave that one up.

And which stores you visited, what malls, etc. I think I even have one of the forms laying around somewhere. I got one in anticipation of needing to fill it out at my extension. But by the time I went, they apparently had forgotten about it. At the time, they were ambushing people with the requirement at 90 days reporting and extensions. Had to go get a photo the right size if you didn't know about it ahead of time.

4 hours ago, maraudingscot said:

accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally,

as it says above, "on a temporary basis" unless wife thinks differant. I plan to be here permanently ????

Fyi , all us aliens , are in the kingdom on a temporary basis , which can be changed at any time.

However that said i use the 800k ransom , so i try to convince myself , i am resident here ...

Hello immigration I have news for you - Internet Explorer was discontinued a few years ago! But then again everything here is behind the rest of the civilized world for 10-20 years.

Why doesn’t the “general” concentrate on the long cues at Suvarnabhumi Airport instead of trying - in good Big Joke fashion - getting his face into the news at every opportunity !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived