TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

38 minutes ago, lkv said:

For me, what impressed me the most, is that it's for your own safety.

I almost had a tear in my eye.

Screenshot_20190721-022546_Samsung Internet.jpg

Doesn't the law date from when they had a Communist insurgency? Was that what they were thinking with putting this law in place? Is there another insurgency on the horizon, aside from the one currently active in the south? What does this law mean that visitors should expect? Is Thailand safe? Better warn everybody not to come then, right?

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is this much different from people who stay in the UK.  When you apply for a Visa you need to supply details such  as this.  If you want to stay long term you need to register with the police as well if you are from certain countries.  In France, its even more strict, just to get a visiting visa.  Chill out.  Its their laws in their country.  

3 minutes ago, siamsev said:

How is this much different from people who stay in the UK.  When you apply for a Visa you need to supply details such  as this.  If you want to stay long term you need to register with the police as well if you are from certain countries.  In France, its even more strict, just to get a visiting visa.  Chill out.  Its their laws in their country.  

They are part of the UN and Asean, not sure how much they can keep pushing this agenda

57 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Doesn't the law date from when they had a Communist insurgency? Was that what they were thinking with putting this law in place? Is there another insurgency on the horizon, aside from the one currently active in the south? What does this law mean that visitors should expect? Is Thailand safe? Better warn everybody not to come then, right?

farang more danger !????

15 hours ago, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

Short answer is yes.

Ii you leave your address for even one night and stay somewhere else then you submit a TM30 on your return. In theory - the 'somewhere' else has submitted a TM30 when you stayed for that night.

15 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

No thanks Mr. Big shot, I'm leaving.

You aint treating me like a common criminal any longer!

The law has been in place for 40 years.

If you have not been reporting your TM30 then you are a common criminal - just like the rest of us.

15 hours ago, 2long said:

How about short-time hotels? ????

That'd be an interesting can of worms if everyone had to 'report' their stays! ????

It is only for overnight stays and if you can last that long then 'you are a better man than I am, Gunga Din'!

15 hours ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Why? There are guys on here that can do a visa in 12 minutes and get their taxi driver to do a 90 day report.. I am sure many are looking forward to the day that we have to wear different coloured badges sewn on to our beer chang vests so that they will have gold stars because of how shiney their boots are !!!!

Noooooo! The advertising of any alcoholic products is illegal!!

Quickly - dump your beer Chang vests.

15 hours ago, DavisH said:

I won't bother my wife's family with this nonsense when I visit them in another province. 

When I visit Siskaet, I book a hotel that copies my Passport (and possibly reporting TM30). Use to stay in a resort that never asked for my passport in the past but those days are gone. The resort  is not converted  to monthly rental for Thais only. 

15 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

Is there any significance in the words "on a temporary basis"?

I own my condo and live there permanently by extending my retirement visa every 12 months.

I did my 90 days reporting online a few weeks  ago and was not asked about TM30 

A friend, in the same position as me, did an extension on his retirement visa without any request for TM30 either.

Both at CW 

You only need to do the TM30 if you leave your own property for at least one night and stay somewhere else. Presumably the hotel where you stayed will complete the TM30 for your stay and you need to complete one on the return to your property.

Crazy but true.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

People dont appear to realise, The only time you need a TM30 recipt (either in the system or in your pocket) is "WHEN" you present to immigration for something (90 day, extension, COR etc). Otherwise nobody is asking for a TM30 for a 2 day stay in Nakon Nowhere.

If you have no business visiting immigration in Nakon Nowhere, immigration in Nakon Nowhere wont have a clue you passed through, stayed a week or slept on a friends couch.

Why make it more complicated than it already is. You need a TM30 report for the office you will be visiting in the future, otherwise dont worry about it.

You only say this becasue your house was not surrounded by a swat team yet

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

And in Singburi a house in Moo 13 Mai Dat sub-district was surrounded and the house owner was fined under section 38. 

Use your telephone and look click into the Imm office website. Scroll down and it will say how many visited and then say: Your IP # is.....

So if you think they are not now monitoring every action then you seriously are crazy. Worse than you thought.

12 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

My son and his family is coming to visit us in Dec.  Does my wife have to file out the TM 30 (I really will be doing it) each day they are here or do you just do it once for the whole them they are here before they move on to Phuket?

Just once - unless they move to a hotel mid-stay

8 hours ago, Traubert said:

Well, well, well. Simon's leaving. Who'd have guessed it?

Most people here actually as he tells us three times a day.

Look, for the disillusioned, by all means go. Your affair. Check out, Leave. Good luck. Bon Voyage.

But don't bore the buttocks off the rest of us who find that Thailand is frukn fantastic.

If you teach the same lesson to your online students every day, they'll stop listening too.

Why so bitter and sarcastic?

Some enjoy reading his posts and he does seem to have an interesting background and life.

16 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

No thanks Mr. Big shot, I'm leaving.

You aint treating me like a common criminal any longer!

Yes it’s gets worse and worse, every time you go online you see these sour faced guys having a go about something to upset foreigners, it was a fun place years ago but now not a nice place to be anymore, Vietnam they know how to welcome and treat foreigners, it is now the place to be.

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Would the last foreigner to leave Thailand, please turn off the lights.

Dont forget the TM31 form. "Report Alien has left Thailand". Big fines if you forget that one.

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I had a foursome last night; three girls from Soi Cowboy staying with me. (Two of them said they were from Laos.) Was too drunk to remember their names. I think, one called herself 'Apple' (or 'Banana'??)... Anyway it was a fruit! I'm sure about that. So, what do I write now onto my TM.30 report??

Entertained a Fruit Salad.

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yes, you are trying to attach some permanence to you being here. I understand.

But....

You are still regarded as an alien who is only temporarily here.

And...

You must have a plan B ready in case the day comes your temporary stay ends.

More than a few posters on here that have gone native and think they are above the rest of us.

About as permanent as a skidmark on a toilet

6 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yes, you are trying to attach some permanence to you being here. I understand.

But....

You are still regarded as an alien who is only temporarily here.

And...

You must have a plan B ready in case the day comes your temporary stay ends.

Andrew Biggs found that out to his horror a few days ago!

16 hours ago, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

Would be great to get a copy of that announcement/official document in Thai and English.

Many people argue that its all a paper tiger thing.

"i have never seen an officer at my house'

many are quoted, i won't attach pictures of I.O in this tread but at least on 5 occasions in the last 5 years we have been visited by Immigration@home, and NOT because i am married to a Thai National, but to check all paperwork ......imho......something is cooking here.

Archived