TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I had a foursome last night; three girls from Soi Cowboy staying with me. (Two of them said they were from Laos.) Was too drunk to remember their names. I think, one called herself 'Apple' (or 'Banana'??)... Anyway it was a fruit! I'm sure about that. So, what do I write now onto my TM.30 report??

You're looking for a TM69+.

The cancelling of the letter of income, the move to require five months seasoning, instead of three, for the 800K, the requirement for 400K to be in the bank permanently. And now the TM 30 squeeze.  All this has made me look for alternatives in Central American and Mexico. So far, I haven't acted. But it's getting more than frustrating, constantly photocopying passport pages and old forms, going to Chaengwattana three times in one week because the service lines are so long. Because I am retired and mainly like to stick around the house and read on the veranda, I can probably cope with the latest TM 30 shakedown, once I get into a pattern to mail things in once a year or so when I travel outside the country. I will not travel around in Thailand anymore, however. And I would hate to be a young guy seeking out new experiences and wanting travel all over the place and explore new things. Because the TM 30 has just turned that into hell. If I were young, I would check out of here, pronto.

30 minutes ago, elliss said:

Fyi , all us aliens , are in the kingdom on a temporary basis , which can be changed at any time.

However that said i use the 800k ransom , so i try to convince myself , i am resident here ...

Who you think you are fooling?  Poor shmucks trying to decide about living in Thailand.  Get an O-A visa and there is not 800K requirement in Thailand for 2 years.  Then go home and get another one.   You don't have a savings account with 20 grand in it at home?  Poor you.  I would think most retirees not in the poor house have at least that in the bank.  So I have a savings account here and have had for 20 years.  I take the interest out to spend and have been doing that for 20 years.  Does that sound like ransom or sound fiscal management?  

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Who you think you are fooling?  Poor shmucks trying to decide about living in Thailand.  Get an O-A visa and there is not 800K requirement in Thailand for 2 years.  Then go home and get another one.   You don't have a savings account with 20 grand in it at home?  Poor you.  I would think most retirees not in the poor house have at least that in the bank.  So I have a savings account here and have had for 20 years.  I take the interest out to spend and have been doing that for 20 years.  Does that sound like ransom or sound fiscal management?  

What a hero you are - and how blinkered that you cannot conceive of anyone in a different situation to your own.

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Who you think you are fooling?  

Because, Marcus, O-A visa is for visiting Thailand and the good guys here should be on "retirement" extensions, just like he is.

Retirement in his home country obviously, not here.

You get it, right? Makes sense.

Now Marcus, I would like to ask, have you complied already with Section 37 and duly completed your TM28?

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

On the TM6 is my address.

On my pink ID card is my address.

On my yellow house book is my address.

On my thai driving license is my address.

On my Thai health insurance card is my address.

12 Call, my electricity supplier, 7-11, Big C,

Lotus Tesco, Makro, Watson, Home Pro,

the BTS, my Banks, my Moneychanger all have my Address.

The immigration has my fingerprints, face scan, my phone number and my blood type.

If I visit Thai relatives and sleep there for one night, do they have to go to immigration and get in touch? I have Thai relatives who can neither read nor write.

The TM 30 does not make sense to me. 

The TM 30 System should definitely be overhauled.

"The TM 30 does not make sense to me. " just add it to the existing list of "makes no sense"

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Fooling who , seems you are reluctant to face the facts , of the day, tomorrow ?  up to the Junta.

Have 20K, in the uk and more , pay tax on the interest . That said i also have house , and pay community tax.

Many farlangs have burned their bridges . Home is where you pay commuinty tax . 

57 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

My son and his family is coming to visit us in Dec.  Does my wife have to file out the TM 30 (I really will be doing it) each day they are here or do you just do it once for the whole them they are here before they move on to Phuket?

Just the once. But, if they're not going to have anything to do with immigration (e.g. get an extension), don't bother.

27 minutes ago, zydeco said:

And I would hate to be a young guy seeking out new experiences and wanting travel all over the place and explore new things. Because the TM 30 has just turned that into hell. If I were young, I would check out of here, pronto.

No it hasn't, unlikely to effect them at all.

45 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Hello immigration I have news for you - Internet Explorer was discontinued a few years ago! But then again everything here is behind the rest of the civilized world for 10-20 years.

Why doesn’t the “general” concentrate on the long cues at Suvarnabhumi Airport instead of trying - in good Big Joke fashion - getting his face into the news at every opportunity !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Immigrations windows 7 still runs IE - sort-of

19 minutes ago, elliss said:

Fooling who , seems you are reluctant to face the facts , of the day, tomorrow ?  up to the Junta.

Have 20K, in the uk and more , pay tax on the interest . That said i also have house , and pay community tax.

Many farlangs have burned their bridges . Home is where you pay commuinty tax . 

You live in the UK and I live here.  It would stand to reason that I would have a savings account here because this is where I live and you have one in the UK.  

I know what the facts are today.  My retirement extension has not changed for 15 years.  Tomorrow I nor you have any idea what is going to happen.  I probably have a better idea than you because I've lived her longer.  

36 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You live in the UK and I live here.  It would stand to reason that I would have a savings account here because this is where I live and you have one in the UK.  

I know what the facts are today.  My retirement extension has not changed for 15 years.  Tomorrow I nor you have any idea what is going to happen.  I probably have a better idea than you because I've lived her longer.  

Fyi ,  I appreciate English is not your first language , no problem.

You /we , are guests, visitors in Thailand enjoy .. 

Aliens who think , any different , aka stupid faralangs . No offence intended .

Home is where you pay community / residential tax, all on computer record . 

Big brother , is universal,  and knows all.  Where ever you are ..

The days of chancers , visa back to back , are over ..

Thailand is not poor anymore , in real terms , richer than the UK .

PS ,   i have been  thailand , more than 15 years , not important . 

I own house in UK,  my thai darling have house in Thailand i buy , 

Good luck ,We all need it ... more now..555

4 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I have some more news on this one. I had a chat at the airport with a young guy who is in Bangkok on a work permit and visa for teaching. He has a limited budget, and wants to change apartments in the 10,000 Baht range. He told me nobody will rent to him (has gone to several apartments already) and at that price range as they prefer Thais because of this headache with reporting. So, if true generally, at least a the lower end of the market we see a chilling effect already happening.

Well yes, any cheap charlie aiming at that price will always be pushed out of the market given how much easier it is for Thais to live there. That's common sense. How about he just spends a little bit more money to not live in a shanty town? As a BKK based teacher, there is no way his budget should be that low. 

I've had no issues with landlords reporting at all the places I've lived at, for what its worth

1 minute ago, elliss said:

Fyi ,  I appreciate English is not your first language , no problem.

You /we , are guests/visitors in Thailand enjoy .. 

Aliens who think , any different , aka stupid faralangs . No offence intended .

Home is where you pay community / residential tax.

Big brother , is universal,  and knows all. 

I like this new term very much -- faralangs. Makes me feel like skipping. La de da la de da, I'm a faralang!

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

What kind of idiot thought this up? Who would want live like that?

The officer in that graphic is smiling but us faralangs are certainly not. I don't even understand the third one. Can someone explain? So I plan to travel to a neighboring provide, I need to do what exactly?!?

21 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Have you ever lived in Thailand?  

TM30Receipt.jpg.9702b6b0e095875ceba7e4ff8f419a07.jpg

Oh Marcus, that's a 90 day report receipt.

I am talking about TM30 and TM28.

There is no excuse whatsoever. You should have known. It's an old law. 

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't even understand the third one. Can someone explain? So I plan to travel to a neighboring provide, I need to do what exactly?!?

In theory, if it was enforced, you would need to go to Immigration and complete a TM28 since you changed your address.

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I like this new term very much -- faralangs. Makes me feel like skipping. La de da la de da, I'm a faralang!

Fyi , thai people call us farlangs ..  Immi call us aliens.

I leran essan dance , 555

10 minutes ago, poohy said:

This country is rapidly becoming a right pain in the arse!

Bet they dont do this in Germany.... just for people thinking of taking a holiday there!

This is why I have gravitated to the word ONEROUS. The way it's going Thai immigration will be in the definition of that word. 

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The officer in that graphic is smiling but us faralangs are certainly not. I don't even understand the third one. Can someone explain? So I plan to travel to a neighboring provide, I need to do what exactly?!?

Thai smile,,   take care , may cost you money . 

I not like smile in LOS..

2 hours ago, lkv said:

If they continue to copy China, which they are doing already, they can install spyware on tourist's phones.

It inconveniences the tourist less than an ankle monitor.

Again, not kidding.

They had a bright idea also, with sim cards that track foreigners a little while ago. Actually, it would not surprise me if the data is already shared by Telecom companies with Immigration.

www.foxnews.com/tech/china-is-installing-spyware-on-tourists-phones.amp

That's only for tourists who enter China through the border points in Xinjiang i.e. the 'Stans.' You might have heard of Xinjiang and understand why they do it. But then again....

TITV.

Archived