Need advice/help Emergency situation

Taicha

Last week my mom left for the the United States to fix her Social Security and Pension money by changing the account number they are deposited in. She had a joint account with dad. I left the house last year because of a big argument between them and now I live on my own but I keep in touch with my mother. Just to cut things short, me and mom have been living with a verbal abuser for 8 years. Dad can get physical sometimes when he is beyond angry, but thats why I won't say it's domestic abuse. My mom just arrived back in Thailand on Monday. When she got back to the house. One of the dogs were dead. Looked liked he died of starvation or overexeration from the heat. We have three dogs, the other 2 are okay. But mostly everything in the house was gone. The house isn't completly finished so dad took, toilets, microwaves, wooden cabinets, washer machine, 1 flatscree TV, safe, refrigerator, etc. Not only that he shut down the electricity, pulled the water pump from out back near the water tank so mom can't use the water and took the sink and made a big hole she said where the water pipes go so no one can use the water, took all the pipes, took all the stoves so mom can't cook or drink water. All he left was a small pink fan(He took 4 big fans), a bottle of water, and half a dog food bag.

The car is gone which is in her name. The house and land is in my mom and my names because we are both Thai/american citizens.

Anyway, someone said they saw him come back when mom was at the house but he ran back to the car and took off. So he can't be too far. Our family drove up from Bangkok to help her out. They reported him to the police in Khon Kaen. She gave the police a picture of him and car info. My

moms in Bangkok now to do get some paper work for the car. Someone called saying they saw dad in a moving truck. We wondered how could he fit all that stuff in the car, now we know.

I don't know how to help her out but to just be there for her. Dads on the run somewhere. He's stealing, he let my dog die. I don't want this man leaving the country, I want him to go to jail. :(

Can anyone suggest or help me. I wish his face was all over the news so we could find him faster. He is a danger too he drives crazy. His mind is gone. I'm afraid he'll hit someone or hurt himself.

Should I just wait it out and let the police do there job. I feel like if I do he'll be out of the country.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You and your mother are Thai citizens. The majority of the members of this forum are not Thai.

I don't think there is much advice we can give you.
But I was born in America and I'm not sure how things work in Thailand. I became a Thai citizen at 17.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy J2

What about your mother?

She is Thai. But she's been living in America for over 40 years and is not sure how things work either which is why she has family to help her. We moved to Thailand in 2011.

As I said previously, you and your mother are Thai citizens. In addition, your mother's Thai family are on scene to help her. The matter has been reported to the police.

As the majority of the members of this forum are not Thai I don't think there is much further advice we can give you.

As I said previously, you and your mother are Thai citizens. In addition, your mother's Thai family are on scene to help her. The matter has been reported to the police.

As the majority of the members of this forum are not Thai I don't think there is much further advice we can give you.
Okay.

You gotta step up son. If your dad is behaving like an idiot you gotta take him out for your mom. 
I'm a girl btw. I live in the u.s now so I can't do anything to help my mom.

44 minutes ago, Taicha said:

I'm a girl btw. I live in the u.s now so I can't do anything to help my mom.

Sounds like she has some money coming in at least. Not much you can do but let the coppers handle it.

There's 3 sides to every story, your dad is obviously upset about something so offer your mother support within your means but they need to clean their own mess up.

Last week my mom left for the the United States to fix her Social Security and Pension money by changing the account number they are deposited in. She had a joint account with dad. I left the house last year because of a big argument between them and now I live on my own but I keep in touch with my mother. Just to cut things short, me and mom have been living with a verbal abuser for 8 years. Dad can get physical sometimes when he is beyond angry, but thats why I won't say it's domestic abuse. My mom just arrived back in Thailand on Monday. When she got back to the house. One of the dogs were dead. Looked liked he died of starvation or overexeration from the heat. We have three dogs, the other 2 are okay. But mostly everything in the house was gone. The house isn't completly finished so dad took, toilets, microwaves, wooden cabinets, washer machine, 1 flatscree TV, safe, refrigerator, etc. Not only that he shut down the electricity, pulled the water pump from out back near the water tank so mom can't use the water and took the sink and made a big hole she said where the water pipes go so no one can use the water, took all the pipes, took all the stoves so mom can't cook or drink water. All he left was a small pink fan(He took 4 big fans), a bottle of water, and half a dog food bag.

The car is gone which is in her name. The house and land is in my mom and my names because we are both Thai/american citizens.

Anyway, someone said they saw him come back when mom was at the house but he ran back to the car and took off. So he can't be too far. Our family drove up from Bangkok to help her out. They reported him to the police in Khon Kaen. She gave the police a picture of him and car info. My
moms in Bangkok now to do get some paper work for the car. Someone called saying they saw dad in a moving truck. We wondered how could he fit all that stuff in the car, now we know.

I don't know how to help her out but to just be there for her. Dads on the run somewhere. He's stealing, he let my dog die. I don't want this man leaving the country, I want him to go to jail. :(

Can anyone suggest or help me. I wish his face was all over the news so we could find him faster. He is a danger too he drives crazy. His mind is gone. I'm afraid he'll hit someone or hurt himself.
Should I just wait it out and let the police do there job. I feel like if I do he'll be out of the country.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I’m truly sorry about your dogs I really am. Stay on top of the police keep on them until they do something. Post it all over Social Media don’t give up and hang in there.

This is more a domestic dispute, doubt if Thai police would get involved.  If your mom has been legally married in USA, then depending on the state, she is entitled to the retirement account depending on the years married.  Just let him take his stuff and leave, doubt if he leaves the country with all that stuff.  But if he does, then its probably for the best.  Just move on and let a lawyer handle things as your mom has legal rights to recover.

And take care of your mom. She should be able to fix her Social Security through the Manila Social Security Office she should not have had to go back to the states for that but they are sometimes worthless in Manila.

And take care of your mom. She should be able to fix her Social Security through the Manila Social Security Office she should not have had to go back to the states for that but they are sometimes worthless in Manila.

She already fixed her SS and pension when she came back to u.s for a week. So she is okay.

Sounds like she has some money coming in at least. Not much you can do but let the coppers handle it.
There's 3 sides to every story, your dad is obviously upset about something so offer your mother support within your means but they need to clean their own mess up.
Okay. His mind is gone Soto. He's old. His anger management got worse over the years. I think he has dementia. Can't control his anger sometimes over little things. Like if mom cooks and drops a little oil if he's watching her cook he goes on a rant. Yet he's dirty living in a messy room full of dust and dog hair, clothes everywhere. If my mom saw him spilt liquid on the floor and she shows him later he says he didn't do it. He forgets things too.

1 hour ago, Taicha said:

Okay. His mind is gone Soto. He's old. His anger management got worse over the years. I think he has dementia. Can't control his anger sometimes over little things. Like if mom cooks and drops a little oil if he's watching her cook he goes on a rant. Yet he's dirty living in a messy room full of dust and dog hair, clothes everywhere. If my mom saw him spilt liquid on the floor and she shows him later he says he didn't do it. He forgets things too.

So  really its the Father who  needs  help with possible mental  illness?

There are two way to go about it, lodge a lawsuit using a lawyer (or do it yourself) for the staff he stole from you and to issue an order to keep away from your mom, and you can get a detective to find him, all the above is time consuming and expensive, the second way would be to cut your losses, forget about him and let him be with a warning should he continue to bother and harass your mom/family you'll sue him...

4 hours ago, Taicha said:

Yet he's dirty living in a messy room full of dust and dog hair, clothes everywhere. If my mom saw him spilt liquid on the floor and she shows him later he says he didn't do it. He forgets things too.

Her job duty to fix that.

People who are ill need help, not condemnation.

13 hours ago, blackcab said:

You and your mother are Thai citizens. The majority of the members of this forum are not Thai.

I don't think there is much advice we can give you.

This is clearly a great way to help people hahahaha

Her job duty to fix that.
People who are ill need help, not condemnation.
It's not her job. She is tired and weak.. All he does is verbally abuse us. :(
We try to help him and he doesn't want it. He thinks nothings wrong with him.

3 minutes ago, Taicha said:

It's not her job. She is tired and weak.. All he does is verbally abuse us. ????
We try to help him and he doesn't want it. He thinks nothings wrong with him.

Presumably he paid for your schools, food and accommodation when you were young.

If you really cared you'd be out here helping your mom, and your dad.

Presumably he paid for your schools, food and accommodation when you were young.
If you really cared you'd be out here helping your mom, and your dad.
Does a dad put a crying baby in a closet or the car until she falls asleep just to get some sleep for work a good dad? Yeah, he was a sweet dad once, but he's far gone.. I tried and tried to talk to him but he says I'm in the wrong. I'm helping my mom the best I can by trying to stay up late at night to be there for her.
I can't expect you to understand our situation when you haven't experienced it.

Just now, Taicha said:

Does a dad put a crying baby in a closet or the car until she falls asleep just to get some sleep for work a good dad? Yeah, he was a sweet dad once, but he's far gone.. I tried and tried to talk to him but he says I'm in the wrong. I'm helping my mom the best I can by trying to stay up late at night to be there for her.
I can't expect you to understand our situation when you haven't experienced it.

I've completely experienced a daughter that betrayed me.

Haven't seen her for ten years, doubt I'll see her again.

12 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

You gotta step up son. If your dad is behaving like an idiot you gotta take him out for your mom. 

Bad advice. You know very little about the whole situation but you are suggesting violence. And "son" ??? Do you know something that the rest of us don't? I think Taicha might be a female.

I've completely experienced a daughter that betrayed me.
Haven't seen her for ten years, doubt I'll see her again.
Why did she leave? I didn't betray my father, he betrayed me. He said he would always love his daughter, but when I get in his way to stop him from arguing with mom and ranting on all day about pointless/nonsense he says he'll kick me out or let me cry outside the gate of the house. :(
It's hard for me.

Archived