Gas stove problem - why does it burn like this?

zappalot

Yeah, I tried to clean, it is maybe the rust? I can not see any dirt in the small outlets for the gas. I went through the small wholes with a pin needle but no improvement. the other holes I treated with an iron saw and see some improvement. I guess it is the rust...

Just how to get the rust out of these tiny holes...?

Post 6 is the one you should look at it shows a small tap to adjust the air mixture. On Thai set ups you will more than likely find the air control is a small leaver behind the tap. Just turn it one way and then the other and you'll find it will come back to life. Leave poking things in the holes alone, unless you have a blockage in one of them.

They have more than likely got turned off/down when the thing was cleaned. That's if it ever was. Whatever they can be turned down very easily.

Tip you can see the valve if you lift the front of the hob up. Once found put it back to normal position light up and twiddle with the valve.  

• Like 2

Certainly a bad gas/air mixture (no air).

As noted above check the jet which will be near the control tap and the air inlet which should be near the jet. The mixer tube may be clogged too.

Taking the whole thing apart and cleaning will likely return it to operation.

• Like 2

Just looking at your photos tells me you are a pig that never cleans anything. That is the filthiest stove I have ever seen.

If I were you I would just buy a new one and when that one quits working because you are to lazy to clean it, then just buy another.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Certainly a bad gas/air mixture (no air).

As noted above check the jet which will be near the control tap and the air inlet which should be near the jet. The mixer tube may be clogged too.

Taking the whole thing apart and cleaning will likely return it to operation.

But wear rubber gloves, a snorkel and a wet suit....

Better still, fling it over the fence and buy a new one.....????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Looking at the picture again I wonder if the ring is upside down. I think so, try flipping it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing this reply I looked at the picture again.  The large ring does appear to be upside down.  Try turning it over but also agree with posts suggesting a thorough cleaning and possible air/fuel mix adjustment.  Just because you have a Thai wife, some things are just done better by the man of the house.  Try it, there could be some extra benefit to your efforts.

• Like 1

It's not getting enough air in the mix tube (carburising flame).                                             It looks old, take the burner out and look, don't be surprised if you find a spider or other bug has built a nest in it.                                                                                            Something is bocking the air from mixing with the gas in the burner tube (after the metering jet.

22 hours ago, KittenKong said:

No, it's just crap from pans that have boiled over that has blocked the holes. I used to have gas stoves and I know the problem well.

Just lift the tops off, give them a good soak and then clear the jets with any convenient poking thing like a bit of wire. Nothing to it.

I had the same problem. The above advice worked a treat! No need to buy a new cooker.

• Like 1

As noted earlier looks to be on upside down... and a good cleaning. 

Boil water with soap in it soak them.. easy enough

if people would clean up their messes after they cook wouldn’t be a problem.... they do the same around here.... now they see Farang clean every time he cooks...they’re starting to see it’s easier and cleaning up their messes..it took 3 years

Edited by DJ54
Add