Prachuap: Blacklist database roots out foreign retiree on near five year overstay

webfact

Prachuap: Blacklist database roots out foreign retiree on near five year overstay

1pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Prachuap Khiri Khan immigration became suspicious of a foreign retiree and after finding no visa or entry stamp into Thailand in his passport he was taken in for questioning. 

A check of the immigration database known as PIBICS found out the truth about Uwe Grote's movements. 

PIBICS stands for the Personal Identification Blacklist Immigration Control System. 

Mr Grote - described as British in a Naew Na story - was found to have another passport. This indicated that he had entered Thailand through Phuket international airport on the 1st of October 2014. He was permitted to stay just until October 30th of that year. 

He was thus on an overstay of 1,728 days. 

He has been detained. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-25

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Prachuap Khiri Khan immigration became suspicious of a foreign retiree and after finding no visa or entry stamp into Thailand in his passport he was taken in for questioning

No one can deny immigration aren't on the ball.

Another one that don´t give a thought to his life and the possible persons that he might have been living with.

Rule no 1: Do I have the possibility to stay in Thailand legally?

Rule no 2: Does my life style and economic situation make a family, marriage /and/or children possible?

Rule no 3: Be responsible and do your visa and extension matters in time according to the Immigration law.

See, 3 simple rules that makes life easy in all areas of the world. Nothing special with Thailand.

I see names like scum & others...

what did this guy do against you , that you call other people names like that

was he a thief, murderer, rapist ?

he did not munch on thai society for a hand-out, did he ...

my ex-wife is trying everything to get me out of the country, away from my daughter that I RAISE on my own, even we had a divorce / court agreement (no sole custody) where  she is supposed to help me with my yearly visa, does not help and for thai "justice" this is off course not a problem for her, but clearly mine...

so what did the guy do to you or thailand for calling him names ? make you feel better? makes you a better person ...  earned some karma points ?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A check of the immigration database known as PIBICS

yeah like this: you arrive on a date. you are given a date to leave or report. if you don't a list is generated with your name on it.

what a concept.

I think it is giant overkill using terms like PUBICS systems etc. A normal check of his passport showed he had No entry stamp or record of entry. I may be guessing here but this may be a lost or stolen passport as his name is not typical British, although I accept people can acquire citizenship in the UK, so it could be real.

They say he had another passport. Well, it isn't a giant leap of faith to believe that when he is in possession of a passport with no stamps! They probably found that out in his interview. Yes, the 5 year overstay is way over the top, but I think it is more down to somebody ' dobbing him in ' than to smart detective work by the RTP. I don't think this had anything to do with any ' super duper computer system ' or magincent police work. A simple check in the computer,.............. but they love a DRAMA!

Regards the person commenting and calling him ' scum ' who the hell are you to make wild assumptions and assassinate a character based on a report here? Your remarks are vile.

Who died and made you the Keeper of the gates of Thailand?

There are far bigger sins than overstay or simply losing your way in life or not wanting to go back to the UK. I hope he resolves his issues.

10 minutes ago, justin case said:

I see names like scum & others...

what did this guy do against you , that you call other people names like that

was he a thief, murderer, rapist ?

he did not munch on thai society for a hand-out, did he ...

my ex-wife is trying everything to get me out of the country, away from my daughter that I RAISE on my own, even we had a divorce / court agreement (no sole custody) where  she is supposed to help me with my yearly visa, does not help and for thai "justice" this is off course not a problem for her, but clearly mine...

so what did the guy do to you or thailand for calling him names ? make you feel better? makes you a better person ...  earned some karma points ?

Agree that "scum" is too strong a word and is uncalled for. But I also suspect that many of the people here who defend overstayers don't extend that generosity (or benefit of the doubt) to overstayers from Africa, China, etc. And I'm sure some rail against illegal immigrants in their own countries (how about that wall along the Rio Grande?). 

And yes, you can say that over-staying farangs here don't expect hand-outs, but they are "consuming" government expenditures on infrastructure (roads, schools, etc). So unless you believe in "no borders" and open migration (as some on the far left do), you must agree that a nation has the right to enforce its immigration laws and that individuals should respect those laws. 

BTW - I hope you sort things out with your stay … sounds like a tough situation

Archived