16 days overstay + incoming plans

11 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No it wasn’t. It was always a big deal. All that changed was the introduction of bans by immigration, not “the Junta”.

Before the bans came in anyone caught was arrested, detained, prosecuted, fined and deported. You only got away with it if you made it to a border; exactly as it is now.

The bans were brought in because of attitudes like yours that it’s a “very minor indiscretion”, and the bar stool spreading the idea that overstaying was somehow okay with immigration. 

There was no blacklisting and get off your pompous high horse!

Who was running the country??

Edited by Sticky Wicket
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, CeylonArey said:

I am from Sweden #

I guessed on page 1 that you were either from Germany or Sweden. The 'Willkommenskultur' in Germany or the 'Mitt land är ditt land' in Sweden make them think this is one big open world where you can do whatever you want, and since those countries have no punishments for immigration violations, well you don't need to bother much.

Just to highlight the difference to Germany and Sweden - explanations and excuses don't count here, this is not our country or ideology, just run to the nearest airport exit and be happy to get out with only a fine. Good luck ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PaoloR said:

It seems the OP is having comprehension difficulties.

How many more people have to tell you that you most likely will not be let back in through any airport! - They are very strict lately.

Land crossings, if you choose the right one, are generally easier - but not always guaranteed, especially if you have been travelling back and forth to Thailand for the last 3 years.

Read the advice given by UbonJoe and Elviajera, study it, then follow it - no need for any more questions.

Give him a break, he is Swedish ????????:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

????  Swedish mentality #

I will follow UbonJoe’s advice and go for Nong Khai. Seems like an experienced poster.

Incoming:

Ferry + van to Suratthani airport 

Fly Suratthani to Bangkok

Fly Bangkok to Udon Thani

Bus Udon Thani to Nong Khai

And then about the same way back.

Any extra info I can be aware of?

7 minutes ago, CeylonArey said:

Ferry + van to Suratthani airport 

Fly Suratthani to Bangkok

Fly Bangkok to Udon Thani

Correct

7 minutes ago, CeylonArey said:

Bus Udon Thani to Nong Khai

You take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai. To take a bus you would have to into the city and it would not take you directly to the bridge.

10 minutes ago, CeylonArey said:

Any extra info I can be aware of?

Be sure you enough cash to pay for the overstay fine 8,500 baht for 17 days at 500 baht a day.

You will need $31 US or 1500 baht for the Lao visa on arrival.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Another one that can't debate without resorting to childish insult/comment.

The government of the day ("the Junta") would have signed it off, but it was immigration that proposed the introduction of bans ("blacklisting") because the number of overstayers was getting too high. And they got too high because people wrongly thought it was a "very minor indiscretion".

It's nice to hear it from the immigration's spokesperson

• Like 2

2 domestic flights??? Should be okay but that means showing your passport twice to check in. If it were me, I would go straight to Malaysia and then fly direct to Vientiane. And then to Thailand. Direct flight from Malaysia to Vientiane is cheap.

5 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:
12 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Another one that can't debate without resorting to childish insult/comment.

The government of the day ("the Junta") would have signed it off, but it was immigration that proposed the introduction of bans ("blacklisting") because the number of overstayers was getting too high. And they got too high because people wrongly thought it was a "very minor indiscretion".

It's nice to hear it from the immigration's spokesperson

It was all over the news at the time. You'd know that if you had any knowledge of the subject.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

I disagree. The offence is not criminal and is prosecuted the same today as it was in the past, except these days they sometimes add a ban.

This is where I disagree. I believe immigration does now take overstays (especially if more than one, or relatively lengthy, but under 90 days) into account when deciding whether to grant visa exempt entry or abrogate tourist visas. A single very short overstay is probably overlooked, but we know (for instance) that you may be denied a Thailand Elite visa for any overstays that exceed this.

The official attitude to overstays today is massively different to what it was for decades up until around five years ago.

• Like 1

Why cant he buy a plain ticket online from Bangkok to KL. Go to nearest IO. Pay the fine, show the ticket and explain what happend.? Dress nice be sober, thell you made some mistakes. Wouldnt that work? 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bendi said:

Why cant he buy a plain ticket online from Bangkok to KL. Go to nearest IO. Pay the fine, show the ticket and explain what happend.? Dress nice be sober, thell you made some mistakes. Wouldnt that work? 

Works fine for leaving Thailand. I personally recommend he does this or something similar. He also wants to return promptly to Thailand. That is where it can start to get sticky if he is not careful.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bendi said:

Is that a joke? He 100% does not go imm office. He needs go to international airport pay overstay and fly out. On top of that best reenter via border. Most likely best option as advised already.

• Like 1

In the moment I found out that I am on overstay I would go to the next immigration office, make a lot of wais, pay the fine and try to make a new 30 days visa. If they say that it´s not possible I would leave the country soon as possible to avoid more problems - and have the chance to come not on the blacklist. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

In the moment I found out that I am on overstay I would go to the next immigration office, make a lot of wais, pay the fine and try to make a new 30 days visa. If they say that it´s not possible I would leave the country soon as possible to avoid more problems - and have the chance to come not on the blacklist. 

Are you nuts?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just means your nut case. Go to airport clear your overstay As per most posts. 

Yes, but if he is at Koh Samui and it needs too much time to go to BKK, I would ask the immigration at Samui, perhaps send a friend to ask if there is a possibility.