Video: Foreigner robbed of 800,000 baht on his first day back in Isaan village

webfact

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I don't follow about the baking soda, I'm not being obtuse at all.

Do you mean someone gave her baking soda and water, forced down her throat using a large syringe?

Or is that what you did to counteract the effects of poison someone else gave her?

Baking soda in water, forced down the dogs throat is not pleasant for the dog, but it brings up the poison, dog pukes it all up.

57 minutes ago, BTB1958 said:

My wife has no idea how much cash or what's in the bank.  She can only guess.  She sees I carry only a thousand baht at a time.  Maybe a little more when traveling. 

Opposite me. My wife, nearly 13 years married, can ask how much money I have on my bank accounts in Thailand and Germany and what´s the worth of my stocks and how much money we got from dividends and I show her. Why should I make secrets about that? It´s the money for our life together.

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

Wow, they had banks last time I was in isaan. Maybe they have closed them all.

Nope still open but most should have posters on their shop fronts warning foreigners it is stupid to keep high value items and cash in a bag in your house when people know you are returning. ????

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Sadly we are targets here,  yes somebody from within her family are the main suspects.

Regarding our dog, monday night around 2.30 our dog kicks off, i look out ( i can see her from my bed)

Her attention is on the gate, i opened the monitor but could not see anyone/ thing.

My wife switches on the spot lights, now if anybody is around that should scare them off.

Wednesday morning wife lets the dog off the chain, 5 minutes later she is back foaming at the mouth.

Baking soda/ water forced down the dogs throat, she brings it all up, 2 hours later she is back to normal.

Brutal man, feel for you. Does she feel it's someone from her family or is that just you? Jealousy the motive? Wish you all the best and I hope she can reason with them, that's a tough situation.  

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bloody idiot having money like that around even on his first night.

Sad to say farangs are a target in Issan villages.

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

Is it a constant barker or does somebody have something against you and not the dog?

800,000 baht stolen?  I thought this story was about the immigration bank deposit requirements not just an everyday theft.  Well I hope he has an additional 800,000 baht he doesn't mind getting stolen so he can get his visa.  ????  

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

Wow, they had banks last time I was in isaan. Maybe they have closed them all.

You usually make time to do some banking on your first day arriving in a country while then having to travel to a village in the back of beyond?

23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Is it a constant barker or does somebody have something against you and not the dog?

No the dog only barks when there is a reason.

Maybe it is something against me, but as 3 other dogs around here have been poisoned in the last 2 months, i think there is a serial dog poisoner in the village.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

Is it possible that she (the dog) had enough and was trying to check out? I fear your dog may be suicidal! ????

..... or your neighbours really don't like you.

14 minutes ago, sfbandung said:

Silly amount of money to have in cash. As someone said, they have banks in Isaan. And we don't leave gold in our house even though we have never had a issue with theft.

It's chicken feed compared to the 50 million Baht I have under the bed, and I live at

My wife has all our valuables hidden so good and in different places, that sometimes she forgets where she hid them. But it’s always somewhere in the bedroom ????

Sounds like an an insider job to me.

31 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

You usually make time to do some banking on your first day arriving in a country while then having to travel to a village in the back of beyond?

No, I usually bring my money in electronically. Never carry cash as it makes you a target.

Now that’s a coincidence first night back and the robbers know where to look if it’s in $ bills the the banks and money exchanges should be made aware as the Thais are to thick they will try and change it all at the same time.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Set up a security camera. It’s almost certainly the same person, probably a neighbor. 

Archived