Video: Foreigner robbed of 800,000 baht on his first day back in Isaan village

webfact

3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

1. Were you there?

2. Thanx for letting us know you have zero trust in your own wife.

He is right, and your comment makes it look like you believe everybody and everything . There is not even a mess in the house they went straight for the bag so they knew what they where looking for . Not possible without inside information.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, teav said:

question , why live in Thailand. most women are thieves and most families are blood suckers. the baht is through the roof, ie cost of living up. but still all you expats whinge but do little about it. so if you get robbed or murdered basically it,s your own fault. as they say in the classics, you dug the hole for yourself, now jump in it.losers.

Not bad for your 3rd post, why join a Thai forum if you don't like Thailand, you just keep living with mum and dad  saddo

16 minutes ago, teav said:

question , why live in Thailand. most women are thieves and most families are blood suckers. the baht is through the roof, ie cost of living up. but still all you expats whinge but do little about it. so if you get robbed or murdered basically it,s your own fault. as they say in the classics, you dug the hole for yourself, now jump in it.losers.

Not bad for your 3rd post, why join a Thai forum if you don't like Thailand, you just keep living with mum and dad  saddo

22 minutes ago, teav said:

I truly feel heartily sorry for you, making a sick post like that.

When you grow up, please come back and post again.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bloody idiot having money like that around even on his first night.

Sad to say farangs are a target in Issan villages.

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

Try using raw eggs if your dogs poisoned again

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The thief got $10,000 US, an ATM card, Thai money and 5 baht weight of gold. They even took Mr Bennett's passport. It was all valued at 800,000 baht. 

Never put all your eggs in the one basket simple.

I never have more than 500 baht in my wallet at a time, the big notes are in my jean pockets, either side of my jewels ????

4 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

And the wife's big mouth bragging about all the money and gold her ATM had with him helped in the theft.  My wife has no idea how much cash or what's in the bank.  She can only guess.  She sees I carry only a thousand baht at a time.  Maybe a little more when traveling. 

I can only guess what a shitt_ relationship you've got.

She sees that "you carry" only 1,000 baht, what a cheap Charley you are.

It is very unwise to travel around with a lot of cash !!!

The bank is the place to keep large sums of money , withdraw it as needed from the ATM , even from Abroad .

A bag containing all one's valuable should be beside you as you sleep .

Some naive person around the family must have tipped off that he had just arrived with a load of money .

Thai women and their families are only interested in foreigners for their money .

As many kind men find out " No money , No Honey " !!!

They were staying at Sumruay's mother's house and were preparing to have a house blessing ceremony at a property built for the family.

It was of course the same family the merit was meant for which is really sad.

Who knew how much money he had and where? His wife who's four years older.

If she didn't take it, or was involved, she should have warned him not to leave all cash and gold around.

Considering that the money was partly also for her in the long run, a pretty dumb move and it's clear to me who the Pri_k was. 

I smell some big fat rats and a rat's ars_.

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I can only guess what a shitt_ relationship you've got.

She sees that "you carry" only 1,000 baht, what a cheap Charley you are.

He's smart. I'll bet he doesn't live on a high floor either.

1 minute ago, soistalker said:

He's smart. I'll bet he doesn't live on a high floor either.

It makes me sad to see such people who even believe that they are clever.

Why would you marry somebody you don't trust? Insane. 

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

And the TOT wonders why tourism is falling off. Have a CCTV  installed ,back and front of house operated by battery and mains.

Even if he had the cash locked up in a suitcase, chances are they would have found nothing. To leave it out in the open, in a poor village, in a bag like that is cavalier at best, and a bit silly at worst. 

Also, someone knew something. Just the presence of a foreigner does not mean he is carrying that kind of cash. I would be questioning the family members, if it were me. 

I typically find a locked piece of luggage to be far more secure than a safe. Unless the safe is a monster, and bolted to the concrete floor. Same goes for a hotel room. I have left significant amounts of cash in a locked suitcase, and never once have I had an issue with that system. 

23 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

He is right, and your comment makes it look like you believe everybody and everything . There is not even a mess in the house they went straight for the bag so they knew what they where looking for . Not possible without inside information.

I certainly believe my own wife.

Don't you yours?

The rest of your post is just presumptions.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

You got that right being targets in Issan. Scandalous people sometimes, and I agree it was an inside job from someone from perhaps like a cousin who new they brought money like this every time they came. Dog poisoned again? Yikes. What do you think the premise behind this is? Way too many times already.. 

Poisoned the dogs so they would not bark & raise the alarm possibly?

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i thought i was the only one who wears sport socks around the house.

Slippery as hell, for sure no good for pursuing night crawlers...

Is this story real? That is a level of situational awareness that I can hardly imagine - who would be so careless, hey is it April 1?

4 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Thais  need to be doing TM30s  to stop all this crime.

They missed this line out of the story,

When he went to the police station to report the theft, he and his wife were fined for not making a TM30 within 24hrs of entering the country.

What is he suppose to do with it.One comment said they have Banks in Isaan last time he was their. But they close at 4:00clock. 

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

What is he suppose to do with it.One comment said they have Banks in Isaan last time he was their. But they close at 4:00clock. 

What was he supposed to do with it?

Well certainly not leave it downstairs in an open drawer, common sense tells you keep it close to you, in your bedroom, under your pillow.

This has to be some kind of record in human stupidity -

He married the ugliest Isaan wench he could find, built a house (obviously) for the MIL and then got stiffed for another 800,000 baht - obviously by the MIL and her ilk.

He should be fast-tracked for PR - no question.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What was he supposed to do with it?

Well certainly not leave it downstairs in an open drawer, common sense tells you keep it close to you, in your bedroom, under your pillow.

Very uncomfortable sleep with that under the pillow

Archived