Video: Foreigner robbed of 800,000 baht on his first day back in Isaan village

webfact

1 hour ago, teav said:

question , why live in Thailand. most women are thieves and most families are blood suckers. the baht is through the roof, ie cost of living up. but still all you expats whinge but do little about it. so if you get robbed or murdered basically it,s your own fault. as they say in the classics, you dug the hole for yourself, now jump in it.losers.

Do you have a carer, or responsible adult ?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the cash and gold they could have been organising a Buddhist wedding ceremony although all that money on show is s stupid idea.

better to be wealthy and look poor than the other way around.

sorry to these guys who were robbed I hope the police catch the thieves I’m sure they will if a reward is involved.

good luck

5 hours ago, gargamon said:

Wow, they had banks last time I was in isaan. Maybe they have closed them all.

Well....... We had kasikorn Thai and siam commercial bank in Chiang Dao. They have closed them indeed!

The nearest siam commercial bank now is 75km to the north. The nearest kasikorn Thai bank is 45km to the north. And yes, both branches in Mae taeng have also been closed. So your comment may indeed not be so far off......

Some one close anyway put the thief up to it. 

Personally I would tell the wife/partner I am off and see what happens.

He should leave the village and leave it to the elders to sort out and the mystery will be resolved with the passport & plastic being found in a field by someone wanting a reward.

In addition someone will get drunk & be seen to have money all of a sudden perhaps a new M/C too and the appropriate face saving actions will come about.

A safe should be his next purchase or a ticket home.

5 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Brother of the bride?...if she has one

Can't believe it was strangers

I would stash the money right under my side of the mattress for the night

Wifey beating her gums to Family and " Friends " about how much they have, just to brag and show off, and what do you know ?

Now they have Bugger all.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i love all the smart Alecs on here, so very wise after the event, and definately an inside job, any farang would think his property would be safe in the mother in laws house, how wrong that was.

There's wise and there's common sense.

Never put all your eggs in the one basket simple.

I never have more than 500 baht in my wallet at a time, the big notes are in my jean pockets, either side of my jewels [emoji846]
Right where the lady boys go for first

Archived