Video: Foreigner robbed of 800,000 baht on his first day back in Isaan village

webfact

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, khunpa said:

So they took everything from the black bag, instead of just taking the entire bag? 

Strange thing to do, if in a hurry.

Well they didn’t want to steal HER purse, that IS the woman’s bag!!!  Since she told them where all the things would be, that saved a lot of time and they had a bag of their own to put the things in.

18 minutes ago, Thaifriends said:

Sad but silly thing to do in the first place by carrying so much in a remote location. Can police check if he has some insurance policy coverage back in the US? ????️

What police do you meen should check.Inpector gadget ?

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bloody idiot having money like that around even on his first night.

Sad to say farangs are a target in Issan villages.

Our dog has been poisoned 4 times in the last few months, the last time only 2 days ago.

We saved her again, baking soda and water forced down her throat using a large syringe.

Why do they keep poisoning your dog ?

37 minutes ago, CLUBBER said:

Why do they keep poisoning your dog ?

Not only my dog mate, several dogs have been poisoned in the last few years.

Wifes family have had 5 poisoned in the last 3 years.

Our dog is fortunate, as when she eats the poison she always comes to us, and so far i have been able to help her.

There is a serial dog poisoner here, but nobody seems to be able to catch him/her.

Too many holes in this story . $10000 is around 300000 baht ... 5 baht of gold is 100000 baht (about) was he carrying another $15000 in cash ? Where did the gold come from? Sounds like an insurance claim to save face as he didn’t have the money  for the wedding ! Plus if he’s paying sin sod for that lady he is already the laughing stock of the village ! 

Sometimes I wonder where some guys found their wifes. 3 laughed about my comment, 2 are confused. My wife is well educated, I met her in Germany (the trip was a gift from her parents for her birthday), worked in 5* hotels abroad and her family is far away from poor. Nobody of her family asked me in the last 14 years for one single Baht. Perhaps my wife is really different.

3.JPG

6 hours ago, Percy P said:

What is he suppose to do with it.One comment said they have Banks in Isaan last time he was their. But they close at 4:00clock. 

Anybody with only a little bit of common sense would have had the bag constantly in his eyes and arms.

What's very sad is that he's planning to do a house merit which isn't cheap at all when the whole village shows up.

My apologies, but how could his wife not have known that he had so much cash and gold? I'm not saying that she took the stuff, but she surely knows who did.

And the TV spot was just a show. Of course does she love him too much, I get it. It's very sad and it will of course have a very negative view on Thai/Isaan people.

They do not deserve that. I've left similar amounts at my parents in law's house and they've watched my stuff. 

Poor fool,expensive lesson,for sure his wife in on it ,hope he can walk away from it,lucky i can weather the sort of storms in a battle now with my wife who refuses to divorce me,cos she thinks she gonna get a big payday,yet i own my house,she signed it over too me ,but not the land,just want rid of her,have offered 1 mil for her to go to ampur for divorce no answer,maybe i have to go to court,or think of other options.

I’ve lived in the village 3 years only thing ever missing was 1 or 70

potted plants and I think one of the in laws gave it to them. We don’t leave things laying around, Bedroom door is locked when we

go somewhere. Small bolted down safe just to make it annoying if someone wants to try take it. 

IMO folks around here a good people and haven’t had any problems 

we do have 10 dogs ....only 6 here around the house..

13 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

And the wife's big mouth bragging about all the money and gold her ATM had with him helped in the theft.  My wife has no idea how much cash or what's in the bank.  She can only guess.  She sees I carry only a thousand baht at a time.  Maybe a little more when traveling. 

you probably have got nothing in the bank anyway

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Anybody with only a little bit of common sense would have had the bag constantly in his eyes and arms.

What's very sad is that he's planning to do a house merit which isn't cheap at all when the whole village shows up.

My apologies, but how could his wife not have known that he had so much cash and gold? I'm not saying that she took the stuff, but she surely knows who did.

And the TV spot was just a show. Of course does she love him too much, I get it. It's very sad and it will of course have a very negative view on Thai/Isaan people.

They do not deserve that. I've left similar amounts at my parents in law's house and they've watched my stuff. 

i bet the rice field brother kept an eye on it , he must have thought 800,000 baht worth no not a chance i would bother with it , i get enough on my 6000 baht a month wage ha ha 

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Wife cut 400,000.

wife's boyfriend 400,000   50 -50  funny how they knew exactly where it was and what to look for , and oh no it could not be the wife - yeh right her boyfriend and her will be living it up when he goes back to US

15 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

Hasn't this bloke ever heard of online money transfers,could've transferred to his bank account,if he has one,failing that,do a western union transfer to himself,who in their right mind carries that amount of cash around.

I'm amazed, especially young people in this age and time , still carry with them a lot of cash around when there are so many other options . Unless the money is 'dirty' of course. 

Archived