Check your Water

Gonzo the Face

The real water that is... City water.  Anyone in the Charoenrat Road/Rama IX Bridge area notice a discoloration in their tap water for the last couple days?  You may not notice it in just the shower but if you put it in a tub or bucket it is noticeable.   Probably Burma again.  Let me hear from you.

27 minutes ago, Gonzo the Face said:

cmsally , what area are you located?

Tapae Rd area. It seems to flow from Chiang Moi direction, as when they dig up around the day market , the supply often gets cut off.

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Probably getting near the bottom of the reservoir,!

regards worgeordie

Now thats something I hadn't thought of.  

but probably accurate.  But isn't that water treated and filtered in some way?  If not it would be  the same as dipping a bucket in the river.   Come to think of it.... maybe the river water is cleaner.

• Haha 2

Isn’t all the water treated at the plant along canal road?... We have noticed that last week that there was almost no water in the canal road aqueduct where the plant seemed to get its water supply from..

554C9372-93E3-4B5D-9B46-03519AC9BF13.png

Most treatment for public water is the use of a chemical to clear the water and then the addition of chlorine to kill any bacteria. If there is added sediment to the water in someway washoff from the river or into any holding area they may not have added enough chemicals to clear the water properly. There could also be a backflow caused by a water main break in your area of the city. Lots of reasons why the water could be cloudy

8 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

What is “the area”? Is it served by one filtration station? Which station or stations?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Area"='s the greater Chiang Mai area. (city not Prov) Was interested to see if this could be a localized problem or wider area like that of the area reservoir(s).

"Area"='s the greater Chiang Mai area. (city not Prov) Was interested to see if this could be a localized problem or wider area like that of the area reservoir(s).

How many filtration stations serve “the greater Chiang Mai city area”?

Can’t be too big a problem as few confirmations here and no big deal in the local news.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app