Has anyone tried switching to Vegetarian food for 2 weeks?

BurgerGung

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't add text to the link.

Well, I've been eating lots of raw peanuts (BIG C sells 500 grams for 43 and 44 Baht). They stimulate regularity and fill you up nicely. Hope this will help someone wanting to lose weight. 

Add Psyllium Husk, mix it with cold milk or let it turn the milk into some kind pf pudding, then eat it with fruit. It will also give your gut bacteria a workout. And lead to weight loss.

The docu is against eggs, but I found them to be great for a snack. Boiled eggs that is. 

No meat??? 

For God sake...

Why would anyone want that?

I love eating ... What a miserable way to be... no meat?... ugh.

May as well take away beer, girls and oxygen while you are at it.. 

You sir cannot be my friend... 

????

tried it for one year and I hated it.  Made my gut hurt and gave me wind, felt bloated and unhealthy for most of that 12 months. never again.  I regularly, like every day, eat either chicken, pork, or fish, rarely beef.  Feel good on that diet. As for vegans, well, words fail me. 

On 7/27/2019 at 7:18 PM, Xavnel said:

No meat??? 

For God sake...

????

I love to eat too if it was up to me id be eating Coldstone ice-cream and pizza and spare ribs all the time. Unfortunately that is not good for my health and weight. So i control what I eat and workout a lot made me look good feel good even got more abs and muscle as when i was young. 

Its all about priorities if yours is eating then so be it other things will suffer, same as with me I can't eat all what I want but I feel good look good and to be honest most of the time don't miss the food that much. My wake up call came when i was so fat (actually a lot less fat then other foreigners but still fat for me) that i hated being on pictures and would certainly not take my t shirt off. 

After that lost 25 kg gained a few kg back during the years lost them again now leaner as ever more muscular too. Priorities and consistency making small changes and making it a lifestyle not a diet. Diets don't work as when you stop them you go back to your old eating pattern that got you fat in the first place. Hardest thing for me is not drinking sugary drinks (fruit juices / lemonades from Sungold) . Have eliminated them for the most part but sometimes can't resist. 

And I eat meat of course lots of proteins, unprocessed carbs, and fats. 

I'm not a vegetarian, but I mostly eat non-meat foods because of the poor choice of quality meat in Thailand, (unless you pay good money for it).

Having a Scientific background, (and teaching Science every day to my students), I've learnt a lot about the human digestion system and the composition of foods, healthy diets etc.  I get most of my non-plant minerals from eating oily fish.  My daily diet typically consists of raw vegetables, fruit, nuts, muesli, keffir milk, oily fish, eggs for protein.

I can say that since embarking on a mainly vegetarian diet about 3 years ago, I have never felt more healthy than I do right now.  I never have stomach problems, but do get some wind of course (non-threatening odourless sort!)

14 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Tried it for 47 years still alive, I would not eat meat again if you paid me it's a filthy habit ????

"I would not eat meat again if you paid me...".

Meat eating is unhealthy, immoral and cruel.

Humans are talking apes.

There is no moral argument that can justify human beings killing and eating other animals.

11 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I'm not a vegetarian, but I mostly eat non-meat foods because of the poor choice of quality meat in Thailand, (unless you pay good money for it).

Having a Scientific background, (and teaching Science every day to my students), I've learnt a lot about the human digestion system and the composition of foods, healthy diets etc.  I get most of my non-plant minerals from eating oily fish.  My daily diet typically consists of raw vegetables, fruit, nuts, muesli, keffir milk, oily fish, eggs for protein.

I can say that since embarking on a mainly vegetarian diet about 3 years ago, I have never felt more healthy than I do right now.  I never have stomach problems, but do get some wind of course (non-threatening odourless sort!)

My meat consumption is not that high that I cant afford it maybe 200 grams uncooked (weight I mean I cook it of course)  a day. Usually from the expensive pork. Not sure how the part is called but it has not much fat and is a long cut. I eat chicken too beef not really as you say hard to find quality not expensive beef.

The rest is pretty much what you describe plus some yoghurt and protein powders to get my proteins up. (i do a lot of heavy weight lifting and some cardio most days of the week)

Must say since i changed what I eat and workout more never been better. 

On 7/27/2019 at 7:18 PM, Xavnel said:

No meat??? 

For God sake...

????

"Why would anyone want that?"  maybe some people care about animal welfare and don't want to stuff their big fat mouths with dead animals? 

swallow all the 'extra' treats they put in the meat? maybe some have a moral compass?  I bet you have a nice little doggie or cat at home and think you are an animal lover?  tsk, tsk

52 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Lots fairly pathetic comments. 44 years vegetarian and counting (i.e. long before it was 'fashionable')

I count 2 pathetic comments.. unless you count mine as pathetic. I am not going to debate the moral points here would only end up with none of us changing their minds. 

But I am perfectly ok with your views no need to change them. I also perfectly ok with my choices. 

I have no moral concerns about eating meat, only health concerns about eating poor quality meat. 

As a youngster, I used to go pheasant shooting in the UK, kill a couple of pheasant, take them home, hang them for a week and then eat them.  Very healthy meat.

Copped a pretty bad Bait once, that for almost 2 Months I'd puke if I tried to meat eat.

So I compromised, where at first I was all fruit, fruit'n'fruit... etc

eventually found to use mushrooms as a total replacement for meats, till the flora eventually fixed itself.

these days I still often slap in the bowl a some big field mushroom, surrounded with rice,

fill the mushroom cup with a whisked egg, a layer of cheese covering it all - in the hot air oven

all the proteins you need!

luckily I never tried full vegan!!

Like Simon 43, I think that most meat in Thailand is of poor quality and not worth eating. Some years ago, I realised that I couldn't tell the difference between the taste of chicken and pork in local restaurants and I decided that I might as well eat tofu. I also believe in the environmental benefits of a plant-based diet.

ive been a vegetarian all my life..im 68yrs old, also never smoked and very healthy..

im not 100% vegetarian, though... i eat bacon/ham, mince and sausages --never eaten pork, beef, lamb, steak etc..nor chicken...

when i was very young, people couldnt accept that i could survive without eating meat.

ive proved that theory wrong..

ive even farmed beef and pigs, also many years as a poultry farmer...egg producer, but still wouldnt eat chicken...

the main problem with being a vegetarian is when eating out at restaurants-sometimes, its difficult to find a decent meal..

i also hate the smell of meat--

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

"Why would anyone want that?"  maybe some people care about animal welfare and don't want to stuff their big fat mouths with dead animals? 

swallow all the 'extra' treats they put in the meat? maybe some have a moral compass?  I bet you have a nice little doggie or cat at home and think you are an animal lover?  tsk, tsk

Thank heavens that nobody would ever think of spraying vegetables and fruit with any nasty chemicals.

Eating good food, well prepared and tasty, is one of the great pleasures of life.  To limit that joy but excluding any meat products, or, as Vegans do, taking out most of the things that make eating such an adventure, is to me, the most boring thing I could imagine.  The fact is that vegetarianism, veganism or carnivorous (is that a word?) are all of a muchness in terms of an individual's health.  Not one of the ways to eat will ensure a longer life that any another, or a more healthy one. It all depends on the individual.  

I do this for one month twice a year.  Works fine as long as eating at home where you can makes some interesting and tasty dishes.  Outside is a disaster ... salads and fried veggies.  Having said this, I really do feel better when I go veg for a month.  More alert, sleep sounder and lose weight.  I start to notice the changes at about 7-10 days.  Even with the benefits I could not go full veg, life is too short to deny yourself the food you like.  So this one month “detox” works for me (also do 24 hour fasting twice a week which I highly recommend).

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

Eating good food, well prepared and tasty, is one of the great pleasures of life.  To limit that joy but excluding any meat products, or, as Vegans do, taking out most of the things that make eating such an adventure, is to me, the most boring thing I could imagine.  The fact is that vegetarianism, veganism or carnivorous (is that a word?) are all of a muchness in terms of an individual's health.  Not one of the ways to eat will ensure a longer life that any another, or a more healthy one. It all depends on the individual.  

The only country that makes really tasty veg food imo is India.

It's that tasty you forget there is no meat at times. 

I agree a meatless diet for me would be pure misery.

I would also say with certainty that if you eat out in Thailand and think you are going 100% veg then you are sorely mistaken

No way they are cutting the veg on separate boards and slithers of meat are bound to be in your food.

Also the oil will not be separate so anything deep fried will have had meat in

6 hours ago, robblok said:

I count 2 pathetic comments.. unless you count mine as pathetic. I am not going to debate the moral points here would only end up with none of us changing their minds. 

But I am perfectly ok with your views no need to change them. I also perfectly ok with my choices. 

Here's 5 for ya

1/ why would anyone want to do that (JEEZE)

2/ has anyone tried switching to veggie for 2 weeks (NO NEVER! 2 WHOLE WEEKS - WOW!)

3/ as for Vegans, well, words fail me (THEY OBVIOUSLY DON"T)

4/ I'll take a meat driven heart attack to some ravaging cancer any day  (REALLY??? DYOR)

And the best to last

5/ ive been a vegetarian all my life…i eat bacon/ham, mince and sausages  (LOL)

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Here's 5 for ya

2/ has anyone tried switching to veggie for 2 weeks (NO NEVER! 2 WHOLE WEEKS - WOW!)

4/ I'll take a meat driven heart attack to some ravaging cancer any day  (REALLY??? DYOR)

And the best to last

I thought in posts you see multiple comments in one post a separate. Technically your right and I am wrong  Though I see some bad remarks from vegans too. So seems both sides are quite bad. Seem to be extremists on both sides. 

I mean filthy habit.. and other remarks are not nice either. 

"I would not eat meat again if you paid me...".

Meat eating is unhealthy, immoral and cruel.

Anyway you were right i substituted posts with comments. 

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Here's 5 for ya

And the best to last

Does printing some words in upper case make your opinions more valid? JUST WONDERING  

39 minutes ago, murraynz said:

im not 100% vegetarian, though... i eat bacon/ham, mince and sausages --never eaten pork, beef, lamb, steak etc..nor chicken...

Errrrm.... you do know what bacon/ham, mince and sausages are made out of, right? Ok then, maybe not.

Yes, we are talking Great Apes and the one thing in common we have with them is that we are omnivores. Our dentition has evolved to eat both plants and meat.

I like meat, but, have no problem with vegetarians.........except for one.

If I invite a vegetarian over to my house for a meal, I'll cook up a meat free meal for them.

When they invite me to their house for a meal, do they cook up a nice juicy steak for me? Nope. Where's the reciprocity?

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

Errrrm.... you do know what bacon/ham, mince and sausages are made out of, right? Ok then, maybe not.

Yes, we are talking Great Apes and the one thing in common we have with them is that we are omnivores. Our dentition has evolved to eat both plants and meat.

I like meat, but, have no problem with vegetarians.........except for one.

If I invite a vegetarian over to my house for a meal, I'll cook up a meat free meal for them.

When they invite me to their house for a meal, do they cook up a nice juicy steak for me? Nope. Where's the reciprocity?

Errrrm you don't get the sarcasm???   the "LOL" doesn't give it away?  the "best to last"?  no?  ok...

If your friend was an alcoholic and you are not would the same thinking apply?  You have a drink he doesn't... you go to his house and expect him to make you a drink? 

Archived