"Combination method" to get to 800k. Still possible?

Yes, except the rules now require at least 400K in the bank if using the combination method. And at least 400K has to stay in the bank during the 1 year extension.

p.s. you should ask at your local office what their policy is as they don't all apply the rules the same way.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

Yes the combination option is still possible.

The money in the bank part would have to be in the bank for 2 months before you apply and then 3 months after.

If unable to get proof of income from your embassy you would have to prove the income part was transferred into the bank from abroad into a Thai bank account for 12 months.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes, except the rules now require at least 400K in the bank if using the combination method. And at least 400K has to stay in the bank during the 1 year extension.

It does not state that in rules and people have used less than 400k baht in the bank for the combination option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Be a good idea to ask as I understand TV does not categorize posts by office and not all offices will accept the combo method.  

Which ones do not accept the combination option.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not state that in rules and people have used less than 400k baht in the bank for the combination option.

Yes it does. And other members have posted confirmation of those rules at two offices.

How all the offices apply the rules, as you know, is another matter. 

Edited by elviajero

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Where does it specifically state that 400k baht is required.

It doesn't "specifically" say that and I didn't say it did.

The combination method requires a combined total of 800K, but you are bound by the same rules as if using the full 800K in that a minimum balance of 400K must be maintained. In order for a minimum balance of 400K to be maintained you clearly need to start with 400K.

And it's possible to put 500,000 in a Thai account and then add a slightly smaller pension - say just a government pension to hit the 800,000? You can scale it up or down so to speak?

Edited by tideout
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tideout said:

And it's possible to put 500,000 in a Thai account and then add a slightly smaller pension - say just a government pension to hit the 800,000? You can scale it up or down so to speak?

Yes but not sure what you mean by scale it up or down.

The amount needed in the bank is your annual income subtracted from 800k baht. You have to estimate your annual income whey you put the money in the bank 2 months before you apply.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes but not sure what you mean by scale it up or down.

The amount needed in the bank is your annual income subtracted from 800k baht. You have to estimate your annual income whey you put the money in the bank 2 months before you apply.

That's what I meant, except I didn't say it! ???? That's good news then as I'd feel quite a bit better with a 400K on hold and then just add in my retirement amount....to hit the 800K....much appreciated!

2 hours ago, tideout said:

Yes, as long as the office you apply at accepts a combo application.

21 minutes ago, tideout said:

That hit or miss?

Seems a bit like that these days!

The only thing you can do is ask at your local office and they will tell you if they’ll do it and what’s required.

12 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes, as long as the office you apply at accepts a combo application.

Jomtien does NOT accept COMBO

In fact I have not heard of an office which does accept COMBO method.

If anyone knows...please reply.

However ...FYI....for the O-A in the USA the Consulates do accept COMBO method.

Tj

• Like 1

1 minute ago, travelerjim said:

In fact I have not heard of an office which does accept COMBO method.

If anyone knows...please reply.

It is hard to find the posts here but using memory only I have heard of combo method being accepted... in fact I thought one of the posts saying so mentioned Jomtiem. It really is getting difficult to know which office accepts and requires what these days!

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is hard to find the posts here but using memory only I have heard of combo method being accepted... in fact I thought one of the posts saying so mentioned Jomtiem. It really is getting difficult to know which office accepts and requires what these days!

There are a few things that we need first hand reports on on here ie combo method, leniency and corroborating evidence for intl transfers recorded as domestic by bank. Stating which office used is vital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelerjim said:

That is outdated info. I have seen a report of them doing one.

I think it was more rumor than fact when that was first stated by somebody.

Probably best to go into Jomtien and ask and try and get a straight answer out of them, lady desk 7 said no to me and another lady desk 8 said no,but to be honest it's not easy to ask them questions

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably best to go into Jomtien and ask and try and get a straight answer out of them, lady desk 7 said no to me and another lady desk 8 said no,but to be honest it's not easy to ask them questions

Really they cannot say no since it is allowed according to the police order. Perhaps they they are just saying no because they do not want to deal with it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Young gentleman at end of desk 8 Jomtien told me as long as the total is 800,000thb it will be accepted. This was at 13.15 on the 9/07/2019, that's when I did 90 day report

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Retirement?

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes the combination option is still possible.

The money in the bank part would have to be in the bank for 2 months before you apply and then 3 months after.

If unable to get proof of income from your embassy you would have to prove the income part was transferred into the bank from abroad into a Thai bank account for 12 months.

Any reports from any of the Immigration Districts or offices that are not honoring the combination method? 
It would be useful to know which offices honor that section of the police order and which ones no longer allow that method.  Hopefully they all do as that method ties up a lot less funds.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Which ones do not accept the combination option.

Ladies on desks #7 and #8 at Jomtien and maybe CM but difficult to check as one has to search thousands of posts.  The man at desk #8 jomtien will accept.  

Edited by marcusarelus