Where to buy foreign food like buckwheat, dates?

mike111

Hi,

I cook with buckwheat, dates, and other western grains/fruits/pulses but they don't seem to be available in bigc/tesco or are ridiculously high priced.

Any suggestions where can these be found at a reasonable price?.

Cheers

Possibly Friendship. The big one. They used to carry a line of Ukrainian grains in their breakfast cereal section. I recall seeing buckwheat. But they might not stock that currently.

But they will have Australian rye and other grains reasonably priced same section.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

At small ethnic shops for all pulses. ie the Sikh shop in Pattaya next to the Gudwara around soi 18 or 16. Imported oatmeal and barley meal is cheap imported from Australia but the bottom line is Western food tends to be expensive in Thailand. Try Thai healthy diet options. Eat less. Do an organic protein shake as a meal substitute. Check out my thread on organic food.

Thanks ^

Now that you mentioned it I recall a Ukranina shop staff said they use lots of buckwheat, so it that might explain the Ukranian food selection.

Would Friendship also carry dates and similar dried fruit? which branch are you referring to?

Cheers

Lazada ...just put your desired product in there   search box ....  Bucket wheat came up 1kg = 295 baht .. delivered to your door cash on delivery ....I use Lazada all the time  and have never had a problem .