Pentagon approves Stryker infantry carrier vehicles sale to Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

They work along the submarines that will be used at Lumpini Park.

The submarines will sit alongside the no longer, (never was), used Aircraft Carrier that deteriorates In.... (Sattahip)? These monstrosities can guard them all, while they too deteriorate.

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

where would thailand use these

Exactly!! What a waste of money. But, But, But, the army generals are so worried!!! They are scared of being attacked by Tristan da Cunha or some other 'massive' island!! ????????????????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

where would thailand use these

The Stryker vehicles will be operated by army's 11th Light Infantry Division in Chachoengsao. And given that many of Thailand's military vehicles are several decades old (Vietnam-era) you could argue that actually Thailand does need to procure new vehicles.

Edited by JRG23
more information
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

They work along the submarines that will be used at Lumpini Park.

And I read today that there is another Chinese submarine purchase in the pipeline too. My guess is that they'll use the Strykers to drive we expats into the sea and the submarines will do the rest, Ha!

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

5,401,574,257.26 Thai baht,  black hole that is just so unnecessary to be spent when you add on all the infrastructure that has been ear marked to be built, common sense in reining in spending that the future generations are going to have to pay back.

Obsolete mind set in fighting any war or invaders these days, drones can be purchased 

at a fraction of the cost and can be flown from a safe position, being able to release grenades and high explosives, will be the norm, now we have more wastage by this government, just like the failed air ship that the military just want to brush under the carpet and hope it will fade into a lost memory.  

The problem with drones they do not hold territory, this vehicle can be parked on a cornor and you say it is mine.

1 hour ago, henry15 said:

The 3 Southern muslim provinces for a start

yes, ideal for troop transport and IED resistant, unlike the pickups now used in which so many soldiers, etc. have been killed.  at 3 mill usd a pop for the entire pkg. a bargain.  i wonder if the congessional rep , lady with thai heritage was a force behind this?

5 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

If they wanted to invade Cambodia in the dry season, they'd work.  Or safely transporting a high-value VIP like Yingluck. I've seen a few similar types at a US Marine Corps exhibition, and they are HUGE!  But with all the armor, the passenger area in back is tiny.  Might be OK in BKK floods of perhaps 2 meters.  A 90 million Baht SUV. 

high.value vip, hahahaha, she has only big criminal and if come to thailand flight to jail fast and ewer no can go out. she have only the traitor  and need be in jail. same all him family.

• Confused 1