Man pushes boy in front of train in Germany, killing him

webfact

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I'm surprised that the access platform for a high speed train doesn't have automated gates to prevent train strikes, especially in an advanced country like Germany.

Germany ran well as a culturally homogenic country in the past. there are even still today unattended shops where the customer is trusted to pay for what he took. for a long while, german traffic accident stats were pretty good despite having no speed limitation on autobahn.

for some reasons, this doesn't work anymore.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 6:48 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Ask yourself: Who is mentally ill?

I think this individual qualifies as seriously mentally ill.....A 40-year-old Eritrean man killed an eight-year-old boy on Monday by pushing him in front of an oncoming train at Frankfurt's main train station in Germany

On 7/30/2019 at 1:25 PM, JMSIII said:

I think this individual qualifies as seriously mentally ill.....A 40-year-old Eritrean man killed an eight-year-old boy on Monday by pushing him in front of an oncoming train at Frankfurt's main train station in Germany

Maybe not, maybe it was a plan to Avoid deportation 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Maybe not, maybe it was a plan to Avoid deportation 

so he tried to also kill the mother plus another man just for good measure?  fleeing the scene was also part of his plan?

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 1:25 PM, JMSIII said:

Maybe. Or he is "just" an <deleted>.

10 hours ago, helpisgood said:

Clearly, the adult perpetrator should be held fully accountable for this horrific crime.  Perhaps, depending on the specifics, he should never be let out on the streets again due to the nature of the crime.   

My other concern is how the publicity may fuel far right-wing parties, who will very likely point out that this is yet another example of what must be done.  As a result, the innocent people who are good citizens but belonging to a group targeted by such far right-wing groups may be unfairly punished for the heinous act of this individual.

Indeed. 

People need to wait for all the facts to be known before jumping to or supporting knee jerk reactions and comments made to further extreme political views. 

In the UK I read of a case where a 70 year old was the victim of a distraction crime by two women at a bus station. One distracted her while the other stole her purse from her bag. The CCTV released by the police were of 2 women wearing burqas. Now, it is strongly suspected that those criminals are actually Romanian gypsies who wear burqas because the apparently believe people trust Muslim ladies more than Romanian gypsies. The fact they may fuel Islamophobia and anti Muslim extreme political views is of no importance to these common criminals. 

The UK has suffered from Eastern European criminals, including many gypsies, which in turn fuels the anti EU brigade. 

• Like 2

Clearly, the worst thing here is the senseless killing of a child.
Secondly, the horror of the mother who managed to save herself, but will possibly forever be haunted with feelings of self-blame for not sacrificing herself in an effort to save her child. Which is all just a guess on my part, but the very idea of it is chilling to me. 
Thirdly, the worst thing is all you crazy people on here claiming NOT to be racists, nazis and far-right loonies. But still you espouse the most horrific ideas. Shame on you.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, rodpav said:

Horrible eye for a eye push him in front of a train

I agree, blatant murderers either caught in the act or damning physical evidence found against them should be executed in exactly the same way they carried it out, and the family members should get dibs on carrying it out.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Someone denied asylum may well be in a desperate state; a state in which logical rational thought isn't going to happen.

Maybe he didn't want to kill them - just look like he did, run off, get caught and get to stay. Maybe he couldn't give a shit-about European German people because their authorities had denied him asylum.

Who knows? We'll have to wait and see what his lawyers claim.

Wonder what would happen to a German who went to Eritrea and pushed a mother and child under a train?

Time these illegal economic chancers be punished for crimes, not mollycoddled and almost rewarded.

What's better - a prison or secure hospital where you are well fed, well looked after, and have the chance to do nice things; or returning to your shit-heap home country, poverty, no health care and not much chance of anything changing?

it now transpired that this man wasn't denied asylum.

he obtained asylum in Switzerland where he apparently had no problems until Swiss police was looking to arrest him for threatening neighbors with a knife  - then he fled to Germany to push several people in front of a train...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Turns out the train pusher was a “poster boy for integration in Switzerland”. How lovely.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7305461/Pictured-Eritrean-man-accused-killing-young-boy-Germany.html

If so - why even mention "mental illness" for this case? Not the first of the kind, not the last.  Or is it simply how these men turn their frustration into action? Therefore they are fully responsible.     

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, Aspaltso said:

The perpetrator was an Eritrean Immigrant. Why on earth would go to a country and then kill the people who live there and who you share the country with? If there are many of these people in Germany than Germany is going to pay a price for a very long time. #legacyofMerkel

Wrong! The guy lived since years in Switzerland and came legally for a visit to Germany. It has nothing to do with Merkel.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Wrong! The guy lived since years in Switzerland and came legally for a visit to Germany. It has nothing to do with Merkel.

Nice try, but..

”his life appears to have unravelled since then as Swiss police said he was on the run in Germany after a separate incident of violence last week. “

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7305461/Pictured-Eritrean-man-accused-killing-young-boy-Germany.html

apologies for posting the same news link twice, but it is important to counter disinformation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Nice try, but..

”his life appears to have unravelled since then as Swiss police said he was on the run in Germany after a separate incident of violence last week. “

apologies for posting the same news link twice, but it is important to counter disinformation. 

Yes, and? You know that Switzerland and Germany are two different countries and Merkel has absolutely nothing to do with the immigration rules of Switzerland?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, and? You know that Switzerland and Germany are two different countries and Merkel has absolutely nothing to do with the immigration rules of Switzerland?

You wrote in post 51 that he “came legally for a visit to Germany”

can we we agree that his being on the run in Germany to escape arrest for a violent incident in Switzerland is hardly coming legally?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

can we we agree that his being on the run in Germany to escape arrest for a violent incident in Switzerland is hardly coming legally?

My major point in my first posting was, that Merkel´s politic was a reason for the tragedy, what is wrong.

Also I don´t agree with you. The guy was on the run, that´s true. But even if there would be checks at the German border, the German police had no reason to arrest him, because the warrant of arrest from Switzerland was only national. The German police wouldn´t know something about it. It was a fault of the Switzerland police. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, helpisgood said:

Clearly, the adult perpetrator should be held fully accountable for this horrific crime.  Perhaps, depending on the specifics, he should never be let out on the streets again due to the nature of the crime.   

My other concern is how the publicity may fuel far right-wing parties, who will very likely point out that this is yet another example of what must be done.  As a result, the innocent people who are good citizens but belonging to a group targeted by such far right-wing groups may be unfairly punished for the heinous act of this individual.

That's the problem, the far right always need any excuse to hate more.  Trouble is that when a country has a far right gov, next election they usually go too far left and the imbalance just keeps on going.  I live in a small town in Canada with my Thai wife and was a little stunned to see someone drive by us whilst we were walking angrily yelling "keep on walking"! He had a MAGA bumper sticker on his truck. 

Edited by steve654
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You are overlooking the benefits of the diversity he brought with him. His cultural views enrich our society.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

'Far Right' .What does that even mean? Anybody who opposes the current marxist based liberal orthodoxy is called extrme right but Merkel,  the BBC, the new Democrats et al are the extreme left wing, extreme liberals, the latter who are recognisable by their antipathy to free speech. 

Far Right, Extreme left, both opposite sides of the same coin and both ugly in my opinion. To elaborate further, what annoys most reasonable people is when they question anything the extreme left does and right away be branded far right.  In my mind, far right means using any excuse to promote hatred and violence and extreme left means censoring just about every reasonable thought known to man.  We live in crazy times.

Edited by steve654
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Back on topic, this man clearly needs to be sent back home - and his actions are likely to have reduced the support amongst the electorate for genuine refugees :sad:.

Shouldn't he serve a prison term, first?

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1