Suan Lum Night Bazaar

petecooper

Can anyone tell me if the Suan Lum Night Bazaar is still open? There was plenty of talk of it closing down... has this happened already, or if not, do you know when that might be happening?

Thanks!

Cheers

P

The closing date should be in april according to skyscrapercity....

There are notices in Thai & English asking people to remove all there belongings by the end of March; whether this applies to Suan Lum Night Bazaar (SLNB) or just the peripheral areas, I don't know, but obviously closure is pretty imminent. Also there are new pieces of heavy machinery on the traffic island next to the MRT SLNB exit.

I thought that was just a rumor. Why are they closing it down? That is crazy. I used to go there all the time. Where can I go now when I go to Bangkok? Is the Big Wheel moved on to its next destination as well? Hope someone could answer my questions.

Well that Big Wheel apparently came from France and was only meant to be here for six months anyway. Why it's still here over a year later I couldn't tell you.

Agreed it's crazy to close the market, it's such a popular place. And Bangkok really needs another high-rise apartment-cum-shopping complex.... not!

Thanks for all your replies to my question, folks.