'Suffocating' UK factories report biggest fall in output in seven years - PMI

snoop1130

54 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Its been reported today that if we leave without a deal Germany will fall into recesion with massive job losses ,Britain is one of her largest importers of cars ,also they will have to make up the cash we will not be donating ,so why wont they make a deal ,stupid or what?

They have made a deal. It's just that no one wants the deal as so much more was (stupidly) promised by the Brexit brigade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Your business may do well, improve even. Anyone who imagines that Brexit will be good overall for British business, does so in the face of vast and growing amounts of evidence to the contrary. Many Brexiteer posters on here have already self diagnosed with stage IV Grand mal denialism.

I agree we don't have many manufacturing businesses left to lose, maybe not a great idea. However I have a cunning plan (Plan B) we have accumulated a large surplus of Unicorns here, maybe there are export opportunities.

If I thought the world wasn't going to carry on I would have gone on a multi chemical super bender, and would have required your companies services before now!

There could be a few remainers on here needing my services if Boris pulls off Brexit !!

Keep that unicorn idea to yourself/ourselves, we could be on a winner.....????

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I worked for John Lewis for many years, ....they are now closing stores as are Waitrose.

Who would of thought that could possibly happen.

If John Lewis are suffering  then so is everybody unless you have a Pound Shop...they are obviously booming

Amazon don't need stores in the centre of town with high council taxes.

Same with out of town Tesco superstores.

John Lewis/Woolworth/Waitrose all have business plans that can't succeed in the internet age.

It was predictable 20 years back, yet they didn't change.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

The pound is falling rapidly. Manufacturing is reporting large scale falls in output. The car industry is talking about leaving altogether. The financial institutions have already set up in Frankfurt but the Brexit Brigade insists that everything is still ok, we'll be fine once Brexit is sorted out.

The delusion is something to behold.

and remainers still quote rubbish .their delusion is something to behold .

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

There are not many of those from the evidence of my conversations. Surprisingly, more remainers choosing Brexit because of the EU intransigence (their words, not mine).

From a business advancement point of view the crematorium is happy to take leavers or remainers.

I wasn't aware that brexit has already occurred.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

So you didn't write this?

"There could be a few remainers on here needing my services if Boris pulls off Brexit !!"

That doesn't say Brexit has occurred.......... comprehension obviously isn't a remainer strong suit.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Almost every company I worked for has gone bust by now.

I don't think Brexit is to blame, it's usually poor management, cheap foreign competition or asset stripping.

Or just an unfortunate coincidence?????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Dickson Quick Change Toolpost on that rather large topslide.

Bloody big 4 jaw.

Big machine tool.

Sorry, just looking at the lathe in the OP pic.

Carry on....

Probably quite a big clearance through the spindle also!

I have a Dickson on my Colchester now, but the one on my old TOS (Czech lathe) was better.

Just saying.......... 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Amazon don't need stores in the centre of town with high council taxes.

Same with out of town Tesco superstores.

John Lewis/Woolworth/Waitrose all have business plans that can't succeed in the internet age.

It was predictable 20 years back, yet they didn't change.

Change at John Lewis is like turning a super tanker round!!

Odd. One would have thought the weak pound would have been good for exports thus creating growth.

At this point I don't think one can blame Brexit at this point, because it hasn't happened yet. The instability caused by the complete balls up of the never ending leave process on the other hand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Probably quite a big clearance through the spindle also!

I have a Dickson on my Colchester now, but the one on my old TOS (Czech lathe) was better.

Just saying.......... 

Yo! Indeed.

Fellow lathe operator!

High 5!

I have a Bison Dickson clone on my Boxford VSL over here, with 19 tool holders, 16 of which i made myself.

One of my biggest regrets was not bringing my Roundhead Student with me.

Regards.

20160830_134315.thumb.jpg.1b016ea31bd815a7c20ee1be4f21fa10.jpg

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

and remainers still quote rubbish .their delusion is something to behold .

Tell me exactly what I have said that is 'rubbish'?

'Manufacturing is reporting large scale falls in output' - exactly what this article is about.

'The car industry is talking about leaving altogether'https://europe.autonews.com/blogs/hard-brexiters-are-ill-informed-about-britains-car-industry.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49170387

The financial institutions have already set up in Frankfurt https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/brexit-latest-banks-commit-frankfurt-germany-eu-london-goldman-sachs-a8294651.html

Got any facts to back your argument up or is it just Brexit rhetoric accompanied by awful grammar? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Estrada said:

The succesful company I built up in the UK, that was established 50 years ago, has gone bankrupt due to Brexit. I sold my shares in 1994 and I worked closely with Anthony Bamford of JCB for years. Lord Bamford is the main financier of Brexit and Boris Johnson to the tune of at least GBP 1 Million to date. He and other millionaires behind Brexit, stand make billions whilst duping the leavers into believing that they will benefit, whch clearly they are not. Leavers told me 3 years ago that the fall in the value of the Pound would only be for 3 weeks. 3 years later, the pound is still on its knees, businesses are planning to close and relocate with more job losses.

That's sounds very "convenient" that your company went bust because of Brexit.

I recall Heseltine closing the mines to buy cheap Polish coal putting zillions out of work, must be near 30 years back, though not good for the folk at the time, life still moved on....And no Brexit involved..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I worked for John Lewis for many years, ....they are now closing stores as are Waitrose.

Who would of thought that could possibly happen.

If John Lewis are suffering  then so is everybody unless you have a Pound Shop...they are obviously booming

We are now in the lazy age, iPhones and armchairs are taking over the retail trade..Just look at the profits of Amazon....

7 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Wasn't a very resilient business then ?

Surely you, like the rest of us knew, the value of the Pound wouldbe subject to speculation until Brexit was resolved ?

7 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Wasn't a very resilient business then ?

Surely you, like the rest of us knew, the value of the Pound wouldbe subject to speculation until Brexit was resolved ?

Yes that was blatantly obvious to anybody with a modicum of good sense , indeed it was the reason I voted to stay.

Yet even now a considerable number of fanatics remain in utter denial and insist that Brexit is in no way responsible for much of Sterlings demise.

• Like 2