Life is hard.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

He may have to wait at least another 30 years for that if his mother is in her 50's. No guarantee of getting it then either if he falls out of favour. Never counted on getting a penny from my folks, good thing as well, otherwise I would have been very disappointed.

His Dad is still in the game as well and that may be his key. Sounds as if the mum relationship is off a bit. But people as they get old can either get better and more kind, or worse in attitude. I didn't make my way on waiting for an inheritance either. Blood - sweat and perseverance. But I wasn't disappointed either, even though did not want it.

Just now, holy cow cm said:

His Dad is still in the game as well and that may be his key. Sounds as if the mum relationship is off a bit. But people as they get old can either get better and more kind, or worse in attitude. I didn't make my way on waiting for an inheritance either. Blood - sweat and perseverance. But I wasn't disappointed either, even though did not want it.

I wouldnt want it from either, I would prefer they showed an interest in my life , which they do not, They only care about money.

5 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

The very last thing the OP needs is a GF - especially one spawned in the alcoholic-ly fueled co-dependency bar scene/lonely hearts club drinking people.....Train wreck written all over it.....

What a calamity....

He might not need a Girlfriend but he needs a girl sometimes. P4P in Thailand is ideal for him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Ah the ultimate Catch 22. 

No job, no money and of course a suggestion to go seek professional help at $160 an hour.  A worthy yet monetarily unattainable solution.

OP has an internet connection, maybe read about Buddhism online.

Noble truth 1: Life is filled with suffering

Join the club

OP, please do not "join the club"! Never spend $ 160/hour to talk to somebody, because nobody else is listening to you. 

It's not as "normal" for some other nationalities. 

It's frightening to me that so many people do seek medical attention regarding a mental issue.

The first part is natural and a difficult one. See it from a positive side, you've got nothing to lose, right?

Stop drinking alcohol, start doing some sport, and talk to other people who might have an answer to so many questions you might have. 

Get in shape and do something educational. That could be anything, from reading good books, watching documentaries, teaching English or online jobs.

Once you're sober and clean, you'll see that there's another part of life, something you gave up when you started drinking.

My dad passed when he's only 50. Diabetes and alcoholism are just too much.

If you're a heavy drinker, please see it as it is. One day, you'll have a fatty liver, then liver cirrhosis and later death.

Not an excellent way to go! Get well soon and I truly hope that you'll start to talk to some guys and you might have all help you needed.

Best of luck! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

<deleted>  I'm 33 soon, Can't hold a job, am a bad alcholic, am bad with money have numerous untreated  medical conditions and cant make clear decisions for the life of me ... Already at early thirtys im starting to turn sour, I cannot find a GF in the western world because of social anxiety and i cannot afford Thailand  or asian either where i am much happier.

life just sucks sometimes, Why does it have to be so tough, Why are some born millionaires and some born to shovel shit day in day out and suffer through it.

I'm not happy at all, never was , I hate life. 

Look on the bright side...you have more 'likes' than posts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

life just sucks sometimes, Why does it have to be so tough, Why are some born millionaires and some born to shovel shit day in day out and suffer through it.

Look on the bright side, some people are not fit to shovel shit.

37 minutes ago, BestB said:

Therapy is NOT a bad thing, it can and does help many people to understand themselves and why the feel certain things.

Saying therapy is bad just shows how little you know and understand, 

If guy is genuine, he has huge set of balls to come onto public forum and say what he said, despite what he thinks of himself or how his parents made him feel, saying out loud is worth something.

Some have taken cheap shots at him, some gave him tough  love advice, but in the end he needs to understand himself before he can make any changes in his life

Despite what some of you may thing, parent influence plays a massive role in child's life. If parents never encourage the kid, kid will have very low self esteem and most likely fail in everything he does, because no one ever believed in him, so he no longer believes in himself.

Its like the saying, shit attracts shit, but in no way does it mean he is one, just how he thinks of himself.

Anyhow, as i posted earlier, if he is genuine and wants help, i will be happy to hang out and help but if a troll, well then at least some have had a good laugh 

My respect for doing so....

• Like 2