TM30 - is anybody actually clear on this?

I visited my local!! immgrations office (83kms away) this week to do my 90 day report. Asked the lady what is the policy here for tm30. She said if go out of the province for 24hrs+ you had to report, because this is my predicament!
I live 200 metres from the border(province) I work in the neighbouring province and the local!! immigration is 65kms away from my home in the neighbouring province and it's only 3kms from place of work.
I asked the following question.
Question: What do i do / happens If the school where i work ask me to attend a weekend camp?.
Answer You have to report. So i have to come all the way here (83kms from home) just to do 3 minute report and i have to miss half a day teaching?
Answer Yes! 
Question: As i mentioned before my place of work is only 3kms from neighbouring immigrations. why can't i do the report there?
Answer. No problem you can do the report there.
Question Oh that's good. So when i walk in there, where they have never seen me before and report. They are not going to say, you cant do it here, you have to do it in the province of your home?.
Answer.Don't know!!
I left it at that. In all the reports on Thai visa. I have never read anything about doing a report elsewhere.(immigrations). And a round trip from Immigration to immigration is 300kms.
Looking forward to anyone ideas, suggestions, remarks.
Just pay the fine and deduct it from your rent, register for online reporting or do it by mail. I wouldn't travel 80km just do a report!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just saw this on BP, now that get's me completely confused.

"Holders of tourist visas are exempt from reporting their change of residence"

That seems even to be unknown by my local immigration bureau.

3281211.thumb.gif.b6fa36eaeb00b726cc9da33ae9320066.gif&key=2dad34f25310d3e0d36832b2956357feac6f3519eade978777a6acc8e50657f4

Tourists are (or should be) automatically reported by their hotel. In Bangkok, tourists buying an Extension to their Tourist visa or Visa Exempt stamp, are not required to show a TM30 receipt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, slappy said:

Thanks for the reply

1, use the app. problem is, does it work?, many people having problems with app

2, Same as 1

3, How can you use mail? if you stay over night and have to report the following day!!

4, That's a possibility!!

1 Just as many using it with no problem, likely many more in fact as rarely are successes posted about on here

2 Same as 1 ????

3 Buggered if I understand the logic behind it other than TiT but it's an option, one I think anyone who falls into the TM30 requirements with a spare few bhat and time on their hands should do ... bury them in paperwork ????

4 Why give them money when it can be avoided

19 hours ago, fourpack said:

The law was given to me by as immigration officer. I choose to believe what he said rather than hearsay and gossip on here.

Sorry to tell you they often get it wrong, but would never admit to it. 

Believe their hearsay and gossip if you must, and remember each office interprets differently. 

When reading the posts on TM-30 I find that they are often based on personal opinion/experience.  This adds to the confusion as one of the main problems is that the law is not consistently enforced by the Immigration Offices, so what is true and OK in one place is not necessarily so in other places.

Therefore in simple language my attempt to explain what TM-30 is all about and whether it applies to you:

1. When you enter Thailand and every time you make an overnight trip to another location, a TM-30 has to be made and reported to the provincial Immigration Office of the location you stayed/are staying.

2. The person that should do the reporting is the owner of the location you are staying.  That can be the Hotel owner, a friend you are visiting, or yourself/your partner if you are the owner of the place you stay.

3. The above means that for every trip at least 2 TM-30s need to be reported, one per location where you stayed and one when you 'return back home'.

4. Reporting can be done in person at the provincial Immigration Office of the location, or alternatively by mail or on-line.

5. Obviously this law when correctly applied creates an enormous amount of administration, hence the huge differences in how the IO's enforce it, ranging from 'don't bother' to fining in case of non full compliance.

6. Regardless of the degree of enforcement in your local province, if you are staying in Thailand on a Non-Imm type visa and need to do 90-day reporting it is recommended to ensure your TM-30 reporting has been done, or bring the required TM-30 documents with you, when you do your TM-28 90-day reporting.

Hope this provides some clarity.

NOTE: Every of the 6 topics could easily be expanded with additional info/clarification, but tried to keep it as simple as possible.

On 8/6/2019 at 5:27 AM, jacko45k said:

Sorry to tell you they often get it wrong, but would never admit to it. 

Believe their hearsay and gossip if you must, and remember each office interprets differently. 

Read the post why would I go to one office for factual information then use a different office?

No matter what is said or how I go about getting Factual information it will always be put down in here.

Sorry to tell you 100's get it wrong on here giving out false or inaccurate information. Hence I do my Homework and get Factual information.

3 hours ago, fourpack said:

Read the post why would I go to one office for factual information then use a different office?

No matter what is said or how I go about getting Factual information it will always be put down in here.

Sorry to tell you 100's get it wrong on here giving out false or inaccurate information. Hence I do my Homework and get Factual information.

You chose to believe a single IO, and that is up to you. Your homework is actually not at home but at an immigration office, of which many have their own interpretation. 

How do you know you are getting 'factual' information? I would expect that to come only from the written law. 

I registered online about 2 months ago and still did not get a user ID snd no password. Then I tried the App and when I tried to register a message said that I filed the case already so both online and App is same basis. But I cannot find a support email to ask for ID and pw. This is the usual joke here. Has anybody any email for this for BKK

I registered online about 2 months ago and still did not get a user ID snd no password. Then I tried the App and when I tried to register a message said that I filed the case already so both online and App is same basis. But I cannot find a support email to ask for ID and pw. This is the usual joke here. Has anybody any email for this for BKK
At the lower right corner of https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ there is a link "Immigration Contact" to an Exel file containing addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of all the immigration offices.
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2019 at 12:23 PM, theoldgit said:

I'm pretty sure that IO's aren't completely clear on this either.

On my return from a two week trip within Thailand this week, staying at four different hotels in three different provinces, I presented myself to my local immigration office, where I was told I didn't need to report as I hadn't left the country, a mate of mine went to the same office yesterday, probably a different IO, and was advised that he needs to "check in" if he visits another province for 24 hours or more. 

If IO's in one small office can give conflicting advice, how on earth are we supposed to get it right?

Where is this "small office"? In very busy immigration offices such as Jomtien, I'd say they don't need or want extra work but in small offices they might want things to do, and harassing foreigners helps to pass the day.

I have had annual extensions for 10 years at Jomtien, and have never been asked about a TM30. I'm pretty sure my foreign landlords didn't fill them out either, although I have asked them. I have it in my current rental contract that the owner is responsible for TM30s, so if I am fined in the future it will come out of my rent.