CSD warns Thais: Falsify sick notes and face jail and the sack

rooster59

CSD warns Thais: Falsify sick notes and face jail and the sack

csd.JPG

Caption: Warning about adding days off on sick notes

The Crime Suppression Division has warned Thais that they face jail and dismissal from their jobs if they falsify sick notes from doctors. 

They were responding to a case that has created much humor online and in the Thai media. 

An employee added days off to a doctor's report saying they should be excused work from the 19th of July to the 25th. 

The fraud came to light after the company contacted the female doctor. 

The CSD said that people could be jailed for three years and fined 60,000 baht for falsifying documents in this manner, reported Daily News.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-03
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

Jail for falsifying a sick document for an employer? Highlights how the law goes after the small fry while the whales are deemed too dangerous to tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Indeed. Keeping the lemmings in line.

Three times now, I have been extremely sick in Thailand.

First time, I contracted food poisoning from pork that had been left out all day. My wife insisted it was safe to eat, I made a bet with her and ate it - she lost the bet, I lost my wellness. 

Second time, I ate 10 mangosteen seeds without noticing, not realising mangosteen had seeds. They blocked my appendix and doctors were ready to remove my appendix, I suggested another route and passed the stones after 14 days. 

Third time, I developed food poisoning after eating at Glass House in Jomtien and got food poisoning. I ignored it for 4 days, and went to Bangkok hospital on day 5 as I was having problems staying awake. As a result of ignoring the food poisoning I developed a chest infection. Lucky I had health insurance, the bill was hefty. 

In all three cases, I had to apply considerable pressure on the doctors to get a "doctors note", as they all assured me this was not common practice in Thailand. My employers have to pay me out as sick leave rather than annual leave in New Zealand if I am unwell. This perplexed the doctors. 

Are sick notes standard with Thai doctors? 

A former work colleague of mine in Oz was caught out after scanning a legit doctor's medical cert, five years prior, and using the same altered document, changing the dates to suit ever since.. 

All of 15 med certs produced over 5 yrs were picture perfect except for date changes. His boss grew suspicious because some certs were 1-2 wks each.. He called the surgery and apparently the doctor retired 3 yrs prior.. After this employee got paid for 30 wks of falsified medical certs.. 

He's been unemployed ever since and has to repay this overpayment.. No jail time but a heavy fine.. ???? 

1 hour ago, TheGhostWithin said:

First time, I contracted food poisoning from pork that had been left out all day. My wife insisted it was safe to eat, I made a bet with her and ate it - she lost the bet, I lost my wellness. 

Second time, I ate 10 mangosteen seeds without noticing, not realising mangosteen had seeds. They blocked my appendix and doctors were ready to remove my appendix, I suggested another route and passed the stones after 14 days. 

Third time, I developed food poisoning after eating at Glass House in Jomtien and got food poisoning. I ignored it for 4 days, and went to Bangkok hospital on day 5 as I was having problems staying awake. As a result of ignoring the food poisoning I developed a chest infection. Lucky I had health insurance, the bill was hefty. 

In all three cases, I had to apply considerable pressure on the doctors to get a "doctors note", as they all assured me this was not common practice in Thailand. My employers have to pay me out as sick leave rather than annual leave in New Zealand if I am unwell. This perplexed the doctors. 

I didn't know mangosteens had small seeds I've found what I thought was a large seed but spit them out

Yes I’ve had plenty of sick notes over the years. The doctors I’ve seen in hospitals here have been quite strict and never offered or agreed to more days off than required.
  • Thanks 1

sooo...

the CSD (what a name for an authority...maybe soon they will develop

and mind reading machine that will stop people who even think about commiting a crime),

will arrest people who falsify sick notes,,,than they will get sick in the horrible thai

jails, and than...they can get a real sick note?

is that correct? DID I get it right?