Self respect Appearance

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Very nice, nice shoes, and lovely shirt, ....dont take this the wrong way but you’d probably look better with contacts.

Thank you and yes, I do look better with contacts and wore them for many years.

Unfortunately years of staring at computer screens (plus age) has resulted in me now needing varifocal lenses. 

If I wear contacts I can see things in the distance but anything close like my phone or a pretty girl in front of me and I would need glasses to see them.   

I'm planning to get Lasik at some point but have to check if my eyes are suitable first. 

• Like 1

Strangely that some of you will only wear Polo shirts !

We know the polo shirts in Thailand are real brand name but do any of you wear a certain brand only or any polo shirts are ok.

I had a flatmate once years ago, I remember buying him underwear for his birthday and he was a little upset, when i asked him why he showed me his clothes drawer and all were Calvin Klein undies !

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kentwants2run said:

In response to this topic I'd like to say that I do enjoy a shower once or twice a day (more if its really hot) and I shave every morning.  I prefer to wear nice button-down or polo shirts and good quality shorts or long pants.  No tattoos or extra jewelry. I do exercise (I run 5 days a week and my wife and I go for long walks 7 days a week), which allows me to eat whatever I want without putting on weight (I love Thai food).  Started doing this about 10 years ago and lost about 30 lbs. - I've managed to maintain my current weight ever since.  I'll be 61 next week and feeling fine.  Life is good!

IMG_E5045.JPG

Guessing how you are so well dressed , able to eat Thai food and polite i can take two guesses where you are from. Canada or the United States. Take a hint here guys. Want to attract a good Thai woman and be able to get along with the Thais ? Copy this man. But i guess its more easy to take the easy route of bitch and moan that all the Thais hate you and Thailand wants all foreigners gone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Same as most malls , look around, shop, go to movies. Central Lad Prao for one has screens showing movies ONLY in English no Thai subtitles. Therefore all the Thai's or other foreigners in the theatre speak English. Lot of high end unusual products brands you may not see at regular malss. There  is a Harods at the Embassy Mall .   My age , 72 end of Sept. My wife just turned 45. We were out riding our bikes for exercise in lower photo. She also does Yoga and I use gyms in Pattaya and Bangkok.

10527513_905965076086079_4496012372840014617_n.jpg

1527056784481_resized_20180523_013138421.jpg

IMG_20170408_175043.jpg

IMG_20170517_200918.jpg

Are they rose coloured glasses in the photo,seem to be working!Good luck.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Strangely that some of you will only wear Polo shirts !

We know the polo shirts in Thailand are real brand name but do any of you wear a certain brand only or any polo shirts are ok.

I had a flatmate once years ago, I remember buying him underwear for his birthday and he was a little upset, when i asked him why he showed me his clothes drawer and all were Calvin Klein undies !

When I wear polo shirts they are the Nike Dri Fit, which I've found to be a nice fitting shirt with good patterns/coloring....

Briefs drawer also only has one designer brand - but they basically live there = mostly put to use when travelling to cold weather climates.....

Once a comfortable "brand" is found, it makes future shopping

easier unless something stands out & grabs my attention.....

Out of curiosity I just counted the shirts in my closet......134 = yikes.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

Out of curiosity I just counted the shirts in my closet......134 = yikes.....

Jeez, I have less than 10, and several of those are running shirts!!  Your closet is probably bigger than my house... ????

simon.jpg.865f9416fffecb9acd43cab0f0b6d53f.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Are they rose coloured glasses in the photo,seem to be working!Good luck.

He looks much much younger than 72 , I would of guessed 50’s 

and his wife is very attractive, he is a lucky man and sounds like he enjoys his life !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Jeez, I have less than 10, and several of those are running shirts!!  Your closet is probably bigger than my house... ????

simon.jpg.865f9416fffecb9acd43cab0f0b6d53f.jpg

Very nice teeth ???? and skin, do you use a face moisturer?

Edited by georgegeorgia

7rYVkXNnlMsEETk48CjJMamYFDmWTJXxXzkGHjnS66, clean teeth & shower as soon as I get up(and later in the day when its hot), shave twice a week( I am not hairy), haircut about every 3 months(soon as it gets unmanageable)wear the same style of clothes I did in Australia, broad shorts and a t shirt with crocs(protect my feet from sunburn) and they are very comfortable(and clean) but dress well when we go out. I dress for comfort not to impress other people, I look neat and clean when we go anywhere in my normal clothes, I refuse to wear clothes that stiffle me when doing mundane things(shopping, immigration, restaurants(unless its with her companies customers) etc). I only use <deleted> spray( my wife loves the smell) when we are going out. If people feel the need to impress others with their normal dress than to me they have a problem with self esteem, I also know if my wife didnt like the way I dress or what I wear she would tell me, we do not hide out feelings/thoughts from each other. I shaved everyday when I was in the armed forces, grew a beard soon as I got out but shaved it off a few years later for comfort reasons and as my facial hair is slow growing plus I have sensitive skin I found shaving every 3 days is fine. Body hair stays where it is, again I am not a hairy person so have no need to do so.  No one should put others down for what they wear/look like as long as they are clean and dressed comfortably(not wife beaters/singlets), each to their own, as for weight, I have been doing a keto diet now for around 8 weeks and dropped 10kg, another 5 kg to go

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

Interesting to read this thread.  Some of the farangs I see shuffling about in the city shopping malls really have let themselves go.. some actually stomach churning or scary to look at.

I don't care if someone is a not wearing designer clothes or button down shirts,  but I can't understand why anybody would be comfortable in actually DIRTY clothes, greasy uncombed hair, greasy dirty skin and smelling of BO and just general poor personal hygiene.   Also why do some guys sweat so much.. even in a air con mall.... with massive sweat patches under their arms on their backs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, simon43 said:

But where does the weight come from?  Laws of Physics.......  If you take some heavy meds and it screws up your metabolism, then your weight can change of course ==> go up or go down.  If your metabolism changes so that your weight increases, reduce your food intake or burn off excess calories through exercise.  Don't just ignore things and continue to eat or exercise the same amount as before!

Simon I think that some medications cause water retention so people look bloated fat. They would need to exercise say at a gym that had a sauna/steam room to sweat out some of the fluid build up as well. Also as we get older the metabolism slows down and we burn fewer calories at rest and even when working out. Putting on more muscle helps (muscles burn more calories even at rest) so using weights not just cardio can keep you thinner and added benefit of keeping a strong core, legs, strong bones and keep from getting frail. Some older  guys take testosterone boosters (supliments that boosts natural production of testosterone) or actual testosterone shots.

45 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Interesting to read this thread.  Some of the farangs I see shuffling about in the city shopping malls really have let themselves go.. some actually stomach churning or scary to look at.

I don't care if someone is a not wearing designer clothes or button down shirts,  but I can't understand why anybody would be comfortable in actually DIRTY clothes, greasy uncombed hair, greasy dirty skin and smelling of BO and just general poor personal hygiene.   Also why do some guys sweat so much.. even in a air con mall.... with massive sweat patches under their arms on their backs?

Hard not to sweat when it's 39+ C but as far as in malls they need to have on a strong anti-perspirant for underarms (I use Arm and Hammer, Old Spice,  ect deoderant/anti-perspirant stick or sometimes roll on) and baby/mens body powder on chest or back, groin area. A regular deoderant can prevent  smell but you need an anti-perspirant to stop the sweating.

Edited by Tony125

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Is high sweating a personal hygiene issue?????

i sweat a lot, i guess i sweated more when i was very obese ,but i still sweat, some people do

Im not really sure theres much you can do about except change your clothes and shower more,

You cant use anti persiperants on your face and head so if you sweat a lot theres not much u can do

I got to admit it was sometimes very embarrassing to be going somewhere meeting up with frends at a cafe or bar and perspiring with ssweat

I heard anti perspiratin spray clogs your sweat pores?

Edited by georgegeorgia

45 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I heard anti perspiratin spray clogs your sweat pores?

You heard correct! not very healthy stuff overall - appears many don't know or don't care and are still "splashin it on" :wink:

12 minutes ago, CGW said:

You heard correct! not very healthy stuff overall - appears many don't know or don't care and are still "splashin it on" :wink:

Arent the Deoderants/ body sprays such as Lynx etc different ,they arent anti persiprants ...i think anyway 

Im not sure they still have aluminium in them nowadays?

I must admit im always a bit cautious to use deodorant etc under the arm when i read its link to breast cancer,but it hasnt been proven

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Arent the Deoderants/ body sprays such as Lynx etc different ,they arent anti persiprants ...i think anyway 

Im not sure they still have aluminium in them nowadays?

I must admit im always a bit cautious to use deodorant etc under the arm when i read its link to breast cancer,but it hasnt been proven

Thais using talcum powder, and you even get these cooling powder, 

19 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Exercise caution! that's all we can do, the sellers of these goods don't give a dam about our health, the toxic load that the average human has to deal with only increases which means more and more sickness!

10 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

We are talking about elderly people here ???? Im sure most had their toxics done long time ago, and little bit talcum once and awhile, would not hurt signifigant compare to what we already have been exposed to. 

Just dont line it up and think you can or should sniff it. 

BTW, your links dissaprove the link between cancer and talcum. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Haha 1