Self respect Appearance

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

I like to keep the sun off with shirt and pants.  I sometimes take the hat off when taking a picture.  I prefer black but change it up sometimes.

44963340_me65-1(1).jpeg.b59210a92678abeb58dc433bca01a062.jpeg

Wow, is this you?

you look very fit !

mind me asking your age?

Do you exercise every day ?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Understand....... nothing more than a thong required on the Islands......although you do peel yourself off seats occasionally ????

I'll oil my thong up for my next visit

I think us Aussies mean thongs as in footwear,not undies 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

Dammit guys...the titillation is way too much.

Full disclosure: I'm raiding the second-hand markets regularly for US brands 

I despise brands out of Europe or anywhere else

Also...I wouldn't wear 99% of the stuff that is available in the malls here, even for free.

I buy between 200-300 pieces of clothing/shoes per year...most ends up as charity and such

Few items will see a second year

Starting from the top...Rayban sunglasses usually...Cat 5000 is my latest and prized pair

Cotton t-shirts with a surfie/skater/beach bum vibe...artificially faded if possible

A few hawaii shirts (not run-of-the-mill floral shirts)

Watches with silver bracelets only

Levis 514 ,usually non-denim varieties.

No underwear...too hot

Never shorts or flip-flops or sandals except at home

Vans or Adidas shoes mostly (all retro-type models)...no socks

Very short hair and semi-regular shaves

PS. I will never 'dress my age'..

Capisce?

Shoes with no socks ??

im noticing a lot of that lately....and no undies??????

Edited by georgegeorgia

6 hours ago, brokenbone said:

well, i am overweight now and i get turned off by my own fat.

i also notice i dont wake up with a boner when im fat,

which is depressing all by its own merit

I knew an elderly chap in Australia.

He said he hated waking up with the morning stiffy.

Said he was on a pension and could not abide waste.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing wrong with wearing shorts, but they certainly are not stylish.

I live close to the beach in a small fishing village and do my best to personify the beach look, it's the man not the clothes.

15 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Shirtless guys are your biggest hate?  What are you going to do if they sit next to you?  Text them dirty words?

Text them?? No! Tell them I will count to three, then If they do not move sharpish, well I'm

sure you can figure out the rest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

....and what if they are fitter and bigger than you? I guess you'll be the one moving, right?

I think you will find that these shirtless slobs are so unfit and lazy that when they see me they won't be long in moving.

I’m 58, a little overweight ( currently 79 kg, my ideal weight is 75 kg ).
Shower 3 times a day, more if working, in the house and garden shorts and no shirt unless we have visitors then I always throw a shirt on, leave one ready incase someone visits.
Shave every day, teeth twice a day, haircut by gf, short !
Sun cream moisturiser daytime and moisturiser nightime ( face only ).

Outside i wear shorts, tee shirts and sandals ( or crocs ) no socks, if going to immigration or DLT etc i wear jeans, button down shirt ( short sleeves ) and shoes ansocks.

Didn’t used to bother trimming the man garden but since a Japanese soldier came out waving a white flag i now keep it trimmed short !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I think you will find that these shirtless slobs are so unfit and lazy that when they see me they won't be long in moving.

So, if that Sharkey guy sat down next to you, you would utter some mysterious words

and he would run away?

• Like 1

OP where do you get Brut 33?

I have seen missives such as the man who said at home he always wears suits so he would in Pattaya. Anything less would be disgusting. And the man who hated flip flops. Where I come from even rich people wear shorts and flip flops to nice restaurants.

Different strokes for different blokes. At minimum, cleanliness is a good start.

BTW I personally don't like terms like mansexual, manbuns, etc. Label it and put it in a slot. I think labels like that trivialize things IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Estonian man dies following attack on Walking Street.  A lot of brave guys in Pattaya.  

Australian man dies after bar fight in Thailand's Pattaya.

Norwegian Dies Following Bar Brawl At Central Pattaya Beer Bar.

I'm an old guy can't run very fast so I carry 3 deadly weapons at all times in Pattaya.  I don't fight fair cause I was in a couple of wars and no one else fought fair.  I'm a pussy cat to the Russian mob with their Estonian bosses in Pattaya.

22 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

I am 6ft tall and 94kg. Due to medications, losing weight has been a never-ending battle. The medications, since  they are anti-psychotics not weigh neutral and even with the best of diets and exercise, the weight is hard to move. I do not drink or smoke. I will turn 50 tomorrow.

I see a lot of guys here massively over weight and just wonder looking at myself, I do not want to get to that level.

If you weight too much, you're eating too much and/or not exercising enough.

The drugs may make you lazier, or hungrier but the same "food in energy out" laws of physics always apply.

Newsflash

6' and 95Kg is already massively overweight.

I'm 6' and 78Kg, that's me 3Kg overweight, I really don't want to cycle 25Km every morning, but if I don't want to get bigger I have to.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, georgegeorgia said:

How many of you take care of your appearance in Thailand or you have gave up and sport a overweight belly, long beard, smelly armpits ,nose hairs etc 

I'm 51.  6'1"  69 kgs (I was 82 kgs but switched to Intermittent fasting to lose weight).  Being slim and not having a fat gut is extremely important to me.  I would be too ashamed to go out if I looked like a fat slob. 

I check my nose hairs, eyebrows and ear hair every day. I don't shave every day but I never go more than a couple of days as I don't like to look scruffy.  I keep my hair cut very short although to be fair I've not got a full head of hair anymore either.  

I always try to dress smart and that means always wearing nice shoes like these that I bought recently and are the type of thing I wear on a daily basis. 

IMG_20190614_195131_344.thumb.jpg.53d63c798adb0ea6394c20b18850829d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I take the attitude that everyone likes to see a neatly dressed woman, someone who has put a little effort into her appearance.

I guess it is the same with blokes, especially here in Thailand where first impressions really seem to count.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1