Self respect Appearance

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always assume any Thai girl with a foreigner is or was a prostitute.

Same as all the Thais.

But really, who cares what people with an average IQ or 90, happily let a military government rule them, and mostly left school at age 12 think.

I don't, but an 'educated' farang should know better

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

do not think that every gf thinks the way yours does !  I am sure the gecko's gf and my gf are very proud of who we are. 

My gf is very proud of the money I give her to be my girlfriend.

As long as the 1,000s keep coming, she doesn't care what I wear or what I look like.

(I mainly look like a Thai, t-shirt, jeans, flip-flops)

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Ever since i was in my teens i guessed that girls liked me because i was clean ,nicely dressed( even when i wore a kaftan in the 60s) oh God i really did . I know i was not to bad looking but i have always felt that you should be neat and clean that goes a heck of a long way .
My wife is the same and some times she points out guys and asks how can they walk around looking like that? Beats me.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Only men I know of who get their legs waxed are competitive swimmers? 

AM over 60, not overweight and fair haired.

You forgot to mention ear wax removal,  a necessity of the most importance 55

I shave my face close if going out at night.  Otherwise a quick going over with the electric razor in the am.  Nose hair dealt with using electric razor attachment

Daytime:

Shower, comb hair, apply some baby powder in the pit areas, wear clean untattered clothing and walking sandals, exhibit my friendliest smile and always a happy attitude.   

Nighttime:

Much the same other than wearing long pants, sensible shoes, cologne, maybe some hair gel, and of course carrying a bit more baht 55

Yes ear wax cleaning, probaly should be done every second day in a hot climate.

I know some barber shops do this with a piece of wire,but whose to know how hygenic that is ?

even using  cotton buds is supposedly not good .

And what about Pedicure and Manicures?

how many guys here go to have their hand or toe nails done?

Who wears socks with their sandals???

Shower at least 3 times a day and keep all hair in check. Clean teeth twice a day. Mouthwash if need it. Always have deodorant and have a spare bottle at the office and usually carry a spare bottle anytime I carry a bag / backpack or whatever outside. Always put on EDT spray after shower unless I am going straight to bed. Usually have 2 different fragrances.

Exercise at least 3 times a week but am not regimented about it. Just need to do something like down to the local Muay Thai centres and do a few rounds, or sprints at the park, or weights at the condo. Just something to keep mobile. Often walk at nights after eating.

Main have a wardrobe of polo shirts, short sleeve button down shirts and long sleeve button down shirts.. I own 2 t shirts that I wear under my motorcycle leathers when I go on long trips Those shirts are heavily stained by leather pigments. Have smart shorts, a couple of pairs of quality jeans, chinos and tailored trousers and a lightweight sports coat.

Have leather dress boots, leather casual street shoes, 3 pairs of joggers and one set of flip flops that are solely used in the confines of the condo building.

When relaxing at home, usually in sports shorts and no shirt.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rumak said:

do not think that every gf thinks the way yours does !  I am sure the gecko's gf and my gf are very proud of who we are.   Not at all dependent on what we wear.  Sometimes I do pretend like I'm going out the front door naked .......  she says "at least put on a hat "

confident, thai speaking, generally nice (farang) guys living outside of the usual foreign areas are treated quite well.   Me very well.   And my gf , rest assured,  is very happy

i was blind and deaf to their wishes for almost 10 years,

but when i was coerced to at a bare minimum wear jeans

in the evening, i noticed even the go-go girls gave me a thumbs up as i went in.

i suggest ask her, or even better yet, go to a shop

that sells both t-shirts & shirt with buttons,

point in both directions and ask what she would want you to buy for yourself, same with sleeves vs shorts,

leather shoes vs flip flops

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

The bar girls “respecting” themself or not?

dont think so.

Do you think people will respecting you if you with bar girl?

Don't think so.

Why don’t you try to get a “respectable” girl? 

Im actually more Gay so go for Thai guys, but having self respect for your appearance has nothing to do with getting a partner, its about yourself.

I find many of the thai guys very personally hygenic, 

On another point , Who carrys those wet paper towels / face wipes around with them to clean during the day, behind ears etc? I find these very handy .

I notice no one has mentioned using face moisturers, there is one for men called Bulldog, expensive but popular in Thailand.

Edited by georgegeorgia

46 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Mansexual? Is that a new term you just made up? Did you mean metrosexual? I suspect you did. I do not consider myself either, LOL. But I do take care of myself, am well groomed, trim alot of my body hair (as most women do not like alot of body hair on men, regardless of what they say), exercise alot, don't go out in public all scruffy looking, dress cleanly, though casually, and have alot of self respect. 

I see some foreigners walking around dressed in ways that do not exactly pay tribute to the outside world. 

Yss !!! I meant metrosexual.

Interesting you talk about the body hair?

How many of you guys wax to rid yourself of body hair,chest hair particularly??

also under arms ? Do you wax ,shave ? 

How do you stop perspiring ??

ball sac ? Bum crack waxing ??

Do you water wash your bum after doing  a number 2?

What about using a deodorant on your man garden?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yss !!! I meant metrosexual.

Interesting you talk about the body hair?

How many of you guys wax to rid yourself of body hair,chest hair particularly??

also under arms ? Do you wax ,shave ? 

How do you stop perspiring ??

ball sac ? Bum crack waxing ??

i use the cutter for my balls, 2 mm distance,

not a homosexual but it tickles and itches like hell itself

if i dont

Just now, wgdanson said:

I am in my 10th year with my 'bar girl'. Still very happy together, no hassle from her family, I live now in her village, no problems with her at all. What shall I buy for her 50th this year?

It's just got to be gold. A nice bracelet of 2 or more Baht weight will do it. 

7 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i was blind and deaf to their wishes for almost 10 years,

but when i was coerced to at a bare minimum wear jeans

in the evening, i noticed even the go-go girls gave me a thumbs up as i went in.

i suggest ask her, or even better yet, go to a shop

that sells both t-shirts & shirt with buttons,

point in both directions and ask what she would want you to buy for yourself, same with sleeves vs shorts,

leather shoes vs flip flops

Read my first sentence again,   And add to that :  Do not think that everyone must live the same lifestyle as you to be respected and liked.  You suggest that I am deceiving myself as to what my gf and neighbors think of me ?   Hey, if all those material things you are promoting are what gets you respect and admiration then good for you.  But to go with your line of thinking  ..........Do you REALLY think people don't see beneath the exterior ?   My guess is yes.  Stick to those button down shirts by all means.   oh, and leather shoes a must !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

Read my first sentence again,   And add to that :  Do not think that everyone must live the same lifestyle as you to be respected and liked.  You suggest that I am deceiving myself as to what my gf and neighbors think of me ?   Hey, if all those material things you are promoting are what gets you respect and admiration then good for you.  But to go with your line of thinking  ..........Do you REALLY think people don't see beneath the exterior ?   My guess is yes.  Stick to those button down shirts by all means.   oh, and leather shoes a must !

i think you think its a non issue, and i also think

that she dont make a fuss of it because its not in her top priorities. but given what i have come to realize,

i think if given the choice, she would have you walk around

like a model/businessman

Edited by brokenbone

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It's just got to be gold. A nice bracelet of 2 or more Baht weight will do it. 

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking more along the lines of what I have given her in past years....Bht 50k into a savings account for birthday, Xmas, New Year & Valentines day combined.  LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wgdanson said:

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking more along the lines of what I have given her in past years....Bht 50k into a savings account for birthday, Xmas, New Year & Valentines day combined.  LOL

the trick can be in the details, like leaves from a rose

in the envelop

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I would say that in many (most?) cases the couple often reflect each other, in that if he is ",grubby" she isn't that good either, if she is well turned out you can bet he will be too ! 

Reflect each other's standards or it's unlikely they would be together (unless there are other incentives).

to be fair...... i think there are other alternatives as well to  grubby as opposed to well turned out.

And yes,  having the same standards/lifestyle is probably the most important ingredient of a happy relationship.   Maybe those in relationships that are not working out should take A GOOD HARD LOOK at that ingredient .   My past relationships would leave a sour taste in my mouth , no matter what I would try to make it palatable.  AHA   then i found the right ingredients to fit my taste.  

Do i eat it every day ?  Please don't ask that !

Edited by rumak

In fairness, dress and personal hygiene standards in rural Thailand are pretty lax. Nobody's putting on deoderant and spritzing cologne before a long day on a tractor. Most farmers' in my area have just a few changes of clothes, one pair of sandals, rubber field boots, and maybe a special outfit for ngan liangs. My neighbor goes for an early morning jog in sandals.

Taking care of yourself in my area means protecting your eyes and skin from the sun, and wearing protective equipment when handling farm chemicals, not plucking your eyebrows or having your butt waxed. Of course, taking care of your health should always be a high priority, but if foreigners living in a rural environment relax dress and hygiene standards a tad to blend in, not much wrong with that, at least in my book.

Good. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1