Self respect Appearance

The only thing that is different, is I drink less the older I get, and it takes more effort to stay in shape. Nothing comes for free anymore. 

I do what it takes to look decent at the age of 50, shower more than one time a day, shave what needs to be shaved, and use clothes for where I go, and for what we do, but my limit is a tie, which I never use. Never use tank top or any other pattaya expat stylish clothing. I love those who where their Chang tank top everywhere they go. 

On 8/4/2019 at 10:42 AM, georgegeorgia said:

You dont wear Cargo shorts??? What sort do u wear?

I find decent cargo shorts sensible and practical in the Far East.

Zip and button pockets to look after valuables instead of walking around with them in your hands, reasonable length, look smart depending on what you choose to wear with them. A decent short sleeved shirt and you are good to go. I do wear sports socks with them and good quality branded training shoes.

I don't understand some of those with a downer on them. What are we supposed to wear?

I will wear vests around the house and shabby comfortable lightweight shorts, but not for going outside in public areas, regardless of how scruffy some of those who live in my area are.

I shower as needed but it's usually about three or four times a day depending on humidity. Hair very short. Fingernails and toenails and hair removal is all done by my better half for me. I love being well groomed. I feel confident. Teeth cleaned three times a day.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, seancbk said:

I'm 51.  6'1"  69 kgs (I was 82 kgs but switched to Intermittent fasting to lose weight).  Being slim and not having a fat gut is extremely important to me.  I would be too ashamed to go out if I looked like a fat slob. 

I check my nose hairs, eyebrows and ear hair every day. I don't shave every day but I never go more than a couple of days as I don't like to look scruffy.  I keep my hair cut very short although to be fair I've not got a full head of hair anymore either.  

I always try to dress smart and that means always wearing nice shoes like these that I bought recently and are the type of thing I wear on a daily basis. 

IMG_20190614_195131_344.thumb.jpg.53d63c798adb0ea6394c20b18850829d.jpg

nice shoes 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

people who do not take care of their appearance need to find some self respect.

i am 63 i shower at least 4 times a day wear after shave and deodorant nails, hands and feet, g/f cleans,cuts and files. i cut nose and ear hair g/f cuts hair every 3 or 4 weeks and trims hairs under my arm pits, no pubic hair i use hair removal cream 1 time a month on chest tummy and EVERYWHERE BELOW THE WAIST.

i work out 4 or 5 times a week watch what i eat and take very good care of my health also. i like 20 minutes of sun every day when we have it.

when i go out i am always clean, ironed cloths, hair gelled, after shave on. i am told by many women they find well presented clean nice smelling men very attractive, many women always say they look at a mans hands to see if clean ( finger nails ) i have to agree i get a lot more attention than my not so well presented friends. if i showed i pic here you would not believe it was me so i wont bother ????

Maybe...going a bit overboard showering 4 times a day though.....your skin wouldn’t appreciate it i think

unless of course you do hot manual labour during the day..but i cant see the sense in showering 4 times a day 

Edited by georgegeorgia

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

If you go to the trouble of decent shoes, how about some decent slacks.

Slacks?   Are you my grandfather's age?    

I wear either suit trousers or jeans (not necessarily denim jeans as you can see from the pic).  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Interesting a lot of posters talk about cutting fingernails, I thought other things would take precedence.

I notice body hair is not popular either, I must say i love my chest hair, but Thailand is hot climate 

Which one do you think looks better ? Imagine a woman looking at these and those hands going anywhere near her ? 

images-2.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

people who do not take care of their appearance need to find some self respect.

i am 63 i shower at least 4 times a day wear after shave and deodorant nails, hands and feet, g/f cleans,cuts and files. i cut nose and ear hair g/f cuts hair every 3 or 4 weeks and trims hairs under my arm pits, no pubic hair i use hair removal cream 1 time a month on chest tummy and EVERYWHERE BELOW THE WAIST.

i work out 4 or 5 times a week watch what i eat and take very good care of my health also. i like 20 minutes of sun every day when we have it.

when i go out i am always clean, ironed cloths, hair gelled, after shave on. i am told by many women they find well presented clean nice smelling men very attractive, many women always say they look at a mans hands to see if clean ( finger nails ) i have to agree i get a lot more attention than my not so well presented friends. if i showed i pic here you would not believe it was me so i wont bother ????

What hair removal cream do you use?    I shave my chest and have shaved below the waist but as you can probably imagine it causes major itching.  

I find decent cargo shorts sensible and practical in the Far East.

Zip and button pockets to look after valuables instead of walking around with them in your hands, reasonable length, look smart depending on what you choose to wear with them. A decent short sleeved shirt and you are good to go. I do wear sports socks with them and good quality branded training shoes.

I don't understand some of those with a downer on them. What are we supposed to wear?

I will wear vests around the house and shabby comfortable lightweight shorts, but not for going outside in public areas, regardless of how scruffy some of those who live in my area are.

I shower as needed but it's usually about three or four times a day depending on humidity. Hair very short. Fingernails and toenails and hair removal is all done by my better half for me. I love being well groomed. I feel confident. Teeth cleaned three times a day.

I also wear cargo shorts, 3/4 length, need the extra storage what with; wallet, coins, car keys, house keys, reading glasses and phone !!

Succumbed into buying a “ man bag “ recently , seen many foreigners around with them and bit the bullet !!
Definitely stops my shorts from dropping and find it more relaxing when in crowded areas like markets .
  • Like 1

Yep, excercise everyday and decided this year its out with the stupid ugly teenager slob cloths i tended to buy because its all that fit my height and width and bought up all new cloths for my old self. However im now growing a proper beard just because i can and its still fashionable which technically i couldnt care to be fashionable or not. Big change in acceptance from women, people are nicer and i feel better. Wish i had done it 10or so years ago.

Nothing unmanly about looking after yourself especially when your fitter, stronger and dripping in testosterone. Lol

Chicks dig it! Pity im married and a good guy....

On 8/4/2019 at 2:28 PM, Yinn said:

The music thred is the best one.

The op talk about self respect and bargirl. So I reply that.

Not annoyed if the girl old enough. Up to her. Some member like 16 year old. Should go to jail.

But Thai can not understand why farang want to MARRY sex workers. Then cry when they lose everything. 

See , you still have a one track mind .   I asked you to tell us about YOU.   what is your appearance like.

Do you accept other lifestyles other than yours ( not too common even on TV  lol)

You are Thai lady I guess ?   Photo ?   hahaha   don't think we're gonna get that.  but never hurts to ask.  oh, and if my name were Yang would you consider a partnership ?

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

Here's me in a suit back in March at a dinner event in Bangkok (I was fat then!). 

I like to wear a suit if I'm going out in the evening.

IMG_20190311_013641_325.jpg.f1beeb9a2194fff6cfa66967452b6974.jpg

Very nice, nice shoes, and lovely shirt, ....dont take this the wrong way but you’d probably look better with contacts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Yep, excercise everyday and decided this year its out with the stupid ugly teenager slob cloths i tended to buy because its all that fit my height and width and bought up all new cloths for my old self. However im now growing a proper beard just because i can and its still fashionable which technically i couldnt care to be fashionable or not. Big change in acceptance from women, people are nicer and i feel better. Wish i had done it 10or so years ago.

Nothing unmanly about looking after yourself especially when your fitter, stronger and dripping in testosterone. Lol

Chicks dig it! Pity im married and a good guy....

The short style shaped beard seems to be back  in fashion not the long straggly bikie type that i once had 

Edited by georgegeorgia

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Im pretty sure i saw the green bottle Brut 33 for sale in Pattaya in one of the pharmacies, i prefer the red bottle Old Spice though

I saw Brut 33 in Tops Market in  Central Lad Prao in Import Products section. A  lot of products from USA and Europe. Can also get those type of products at Villa Market and other markets in Pattaya say Foodland.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I also wear cargo shorts, 3/4 length, need the extra storage what with; wallet, coins, car keys, house keys, reading glasses and phone !!

Succumbed into buying a “ man bag “ recently , seen many foreigners around with them and bit the bullet !!
Definitely stops my shorts from dropping and find it more relaxing when in crowded areas like markets .

the man bag? ? Is that the one that goes around your waist ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

the man bag? ? Is that the one that goes around your waist ?

Shoulder bag, where you can have Ipad, phones, credit cards slots, etc 

https://www.exxpozed.co.uk/unisex-taschen-arcteryx-slingblade-4-black-16a?pup_e=1&pup_cid=89741&pup_id=16A-2991000793083&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhPaI7Ont4wIVD9myCh2fIAnlEAQYHSABEgJYHfD_BwE#!?variant=243375