Have you ever been physically attacked?

Have you ever been physically  attacked in Thailand?

What was the circumstances?

Just wondering,especially Expats, do you carry a personal defence implement, say a spray or similar to protect yourself.

Is there areas in Thailand or times you do this ?

Eg, Pattaya or Bangkok at night 

Im not going to be judgemental on this , I believe everyone has their own perogerative

What about areas such as isaan at night driving by yourself , do you feel safe and when have you felt unsafe 

Do you avoid certain areas ? 

Or certain places , farang bars with yobbo ‘s , pool halls 

, thai concerts 

Are you street smart in Thailand and if you have been attacked in the past would you say your hyper vigilant of your surroundings and who is around you.

or you could be exactly opposite i guess and nothing ever has happened or you dont take it personally 

I was attacked back in 2008 at a isaan thai concert, a young drunk thai off his face smashed a bottle over my head , didnt even know him, he kept  bumping into me he was wrestled away by other thais , of course that was over 10 years ago,but it still sticks  in my mind and i have never been to a isaan thai concert again

Edited by georgegeorgia

7 minutes ago, Terek said:

Thailand IMHO is the safest place ever. Only trouble makers I have seen is drunk farangs who just arrived ....

in general i agree  but drunk anyone is potentially dangerous 

i might question the difference between just arrived and longer stay boozed up equally potentially suspect to be out of control

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i have been all over Thailand alone on my motorcycle.

the only time i have been robbed was by the Thai police and lady boys.  

i am always hyper vigilant everywhere i go. two times i let my guard down in almost six years. 

Were the robberies by the ladyboys down to an unfortunate gender assessment by yourself?

is, not getting the goods that you thought you were purchasing ????????

I do find that hard to believe as I would have to be ridiculously drunk to make that mistake,

and you seem to have a fair bit more experience than myself!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Were the robberies by the ladyboys down to an unfortunate gender assessment by yourself?

is, not getting the goods that you thought you were purchasing ????????

I do find that hard to believe as I would have to be ridiculously drunk to make that mistake,

and you seem to have a fair bit more experience than myself!

i was talking on my phone on the street at night and i was  surrounded by three of them. they jumped off two motorbikes.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

my wife initiated a pillow fight once. ???? other than that, the one time I thought I was going to have trouble, it turned out they just wanted me to sit down and chat with them. They gave me whisky.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nikmar said:

my wife initiated a pillow fight once. ???? other than that, the one time I thought I was going to have trouble, it turned out they just wanted me to sit down and chat with them. They gave me whisky.

If you'd stayed for more then 3-4 glasses, it probably would've turned nasty! Thai men and whisky is a volatile combination!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I used to frequent Thai pool halls when I first came here, my Thai wife was one of the girls in the silk hot pants, crop tops and teeter totter shoes that would re-arrange our balls for us. 

Nothing like a bit of ball arranging ....... as long as she didn't stroke your cue ????????????

2 minutes ago, geronimo said:

If you'd stayed for more then 3-4 glasses, it probably would've turned nasty! Thai men and whisky is a volatile combination!!!

I was wary, being new to the country, but they looked scarier than they were. I remember they were full of questions about English football. genuinley nice people, but dodgy whisky.

• Like 1