Have you ever been physically attacked?

Have you ever been physically attacked?

Not in Thailand, never even been as much as threatened, have walked many times in Bangkok and Pattaya, daytime and night, never a problem.

But I also have to say I do not drink, never frequent the bars, mind my own business. Although the average Thai does not have the best mentality, I have always found them to be decent and honest, and very non confrontational.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I usually take my gf, she always carries a large flick knife in her purse which she is fully prepared to use to defend her source of income.

I used to frequent Thai pool halls when I first came here, my Thai wife was one of the girls in the silk hot pants, crop tops and teeter totter shoes that would re-arrange our balls for us. She was a full (Bangkok) gang member, also the best protection a guy could have.

Is she still rearranging your balls 555

Just now, rumak said:

Being a sexy man it used to happen often.  But i could handle it.   Now i admit I must fight off the attacks

on occasion.

Yeah, heard those Lady boys can be vicious....????, be careful out there people !

8 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

You lead such an exciting life Britman, thank God my ex wife never carried a knife when i had to lock myself in the loo.all i did was sleep with her sister,some Thai women get so het up.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not sure I believe the "all I did was sleep" bit.

8 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Re, i answer to another daft topic from the OP, I believe Thailand is far safer today than my home country of England.

Funny, i was thinking something similar  re the OP.    Maybe his/her ? next topic will be :  Have you ever woken up and could not come up with some silly idea for a topic ?

Well, mai pen rai.  Guess someone has to post something to get the comments rolling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a return trip back to the UK about 10 years ago, I stayed at a pub in Rickmansworth that had rooms above.  In the evening I went down to the bar area which seemed mainly full of young 'yobs' itching for a fight.  You could feel the tension in the air.

I ordered a pint from the barman and then - as I would do in Thailand - had a bit of banter/chat with him 'Bad weather tonight etc'

He looked straight at me and said 'Are you <deleted> queer or what?"

I decided it would be better to finish my drink upstairs.  As I exited the bar, the yobs fighting each other had already kicked off....

• Haha 1

Some years back, on a quiet Sunday morning, a drunk idiot Thai flung his hand back and I got it. He knocked me flat. Just in front of the 7/11 opposite the Irish pub.  Not a soul helped me.

I was attacked in Penang, hit over the head at the door of my hotel.  Woke up in a hospital bed.  Never did know what happened, no one knew anything.

Some years back in CM, in the soi beside the Irish up to about soi 9, there were a series of bag snatching and they put cops on all the corners, lasted about 10 days.

5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

My American friend was all in a sudden gone, then told me that they had threatened him with a knife, but there's no knife.

Perhaps he had to change his pampers?

I had to go to the coppers quite a few times and finally received 2,400 baht for my pain, broken ribs, nose, etc. 1,200 were for the helpful cop. 

Good luck weas that I had a metal case for my glasses around my waste that helped me to keep my balls intact. They're trying to kick me into them many times and the metal case was finally flat.

I wouldn't like to have scrambled and very flat eggs, Innit?

Do u still see your mate that left on you?

4 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I avoid Samui. Phuket and Pattaya like the plague for the very reasons posters have mentioned on this subject.  It appears tourists have  finally got the message and they also are voting with their feet.

Years of allowing the Taxi mafia to exist and gangs to run wild have caused some thai destinations to be no go zones.  Plenty of other places to go without the hassle.

But didnt that old lady get attacked in hua hin several years ago?

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Just wondering,especially Expats, do you carry a personal defence implement, say a spray or similar to protect yourself.

Saw an expat guy wearing a body camera near Nana BTS recently. He was with his wife/partner and their baby in a stroller. The camera was clearly visible for all to see. A sign of things to come maybe.

Edited by Nemises
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

Saw an expat guy wearing a body camera near Nana BTS recently. He was with his wife/partner and their baby in a stroller. The camera was clearly visible for all to see. A sign of things to come maybe.

Maybe he was doing street filiming?

i see a few cyclists wearing them too .

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:33 AM, Terek said:

Thailand IMHO is the safest place ever. Only trouble makers I have seen is drunk farangs who just arrived ....

Agree. I felt safer in LOS than I did in London.

Mind you, I tried to avoid making a Thai angry at me. Always remember the "face" thing.

I didn't drink with Thais either, which seems to be when they are most dangerous.

19 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

My American friend was all in a sudden gone, then told me that they had threatened him with a knife, but there's no knife.

Perhaps he had to change his pampers?

I had to go to the coppers quite a few times and finally received 2,400 baht for my pain, broken ribs, nose, etc. 1,200 were for the helpful cop. 

Good luck weas that I had a metal case for my glasses around my waste that helped me to keep my balls intact. They're trying to kick me into them many times and the metal case was finally flat.

I wouldn't like to have scrambled and very flat eggs, Innit?

Unless your friend was an expert fighter, I don't blame him. The prospect of getting beaten to a pulp by a group of Thais isn't one that anyone would wish to face, and unless he was a very good friend I'm not surprised he left, though it would have been good if he'd gone to get the cops.

I once saw a mob of Thais beat up a very large farang in a gogo, but the farang was a moron and treating the girls badly, so perhaps he got what he deserved.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simon43 said:

I ordered a pint from the barman and then - as I would do in Thailand - had a bit of banter/chat with him 'Bad weather tonight etc'

He looked straight at me and said 'Are you <deleted> queer or what?"

Not sure why, but this made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

So, seems having a keen awareness of  the taxi workers, males in skirts and bar girls would be sage advice.

Easy.

• Thanks 1

So far never.

Came close one on Koh Phangan back in the day. I was a bit drunk and accidentally bumped into a mafia type in one of the bars. He wasn't happy and threw his drink at me. Rather than escalating the situation I decided to swallow my pride and walk away.

Another time was also on Koh Phangan when I had a local girl on my arm down the beach. Some Thai dude came up and gabbed her by the arm and swore at me in Thai. Not sure why, maybe it was his wife or something? lol.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:33 AM, Terek said:

Thailand IMHO is the safest place ever. Only trouble makers I have seen is drunk farangs who just arrived ....

I agree it tends to be foreigners like this guy who went looking for trouble stalking. he ended up in the ER

25359808_2075897952642608_522770435_n.jpg

1 minute ago, kellersphuket said:

So far never.

Came close one on Koh Phangan back in the day. I was a bit drunk and accidentally bumped into a mafia type in one of the bars. He wasn't happy and threw his drink at me. Rather than escalating the situation I decided to swallow my pride and walk away.

Another time was also on Koh Phangan when I had a local girl on my arm down the beach. Some Thai dude came up and gabbed her by the arm and swore at me in Thai. Not sure why, maybe it was his wife or something? lol.

Koh Phangan What did you expect?

15 hours ago, mike787 said:

This takes care of both human and animal Soi dogs.  Never have an issue.  Very effective,  fast, cheap, with max stoppage power.  

1500691_131113085635_1168_tazer.jpg

Never had a problem with soi dogs either, but the guys who walks with long sticks, seems to have. Maybe because of the sticks, or their smell, I do not know ???? 

Handling soi dogs, is mostly how you act and behave.