Have you ever been physically attacked?

16 hours ago, mike787 said:

This takes care of both human and animal Soi dogs.  Never have an issue.  Very effective,  fast, cheap, with max stoppage power.  

1500691_131113085635_1168_tazer.jpg

Yes, eager minds want to know.. Where to purchase?

5 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I thought about carrying a spray, just in case, but was told the sprays are illegal.

I guess unless there some past attack on you then why do you need the spray?

Would you carry it all the time or just sometmes?

After awhile you will get sick of carrying it around i guess and leave it at home.

And....more importantly how do you know if the spray is effective?

Are the ones they sell on the street stalls as good as Police issued?

Never in Thailand..., or any other country while travelling..., in my home country, yes..., when I worked security for awhile..., no future in that mugs game. 
Violence only ever in defence..., get in early, hard and often then get out..., as in  no need to sink the slipper...., no need to hang about either.
Best way is to avoid any whiff of someone wanting to have a go.., like the plague..., and always, always be watchful if you're out n about at night..., avoid all areas where there are drunk or #### affected people. If you stay late at a bar..., leave in a taxi.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Never physically attacked, only thrown plates at me from my ex gf. 

I always avoid trouble and never get too drunk, that worked for me all over the world. I always felt safe in Thailand , a few bad guys maybe crossed my path but I avoided any confrontations. 

• Thanks 1

Worst case for me was being robbed at gunpoint along with my

Fathee and 5 others. Place was similar to a. Mini Market we stopped to get milk. I was in early 20’s two children and wife, 

Living week to week - Pay check to Pay Check. Just cashed my 

pay check. 

There were two gun men on about three feet away. I wa strong 6 ft

and couldn’t get that cash out of my pocket fasr enough...

One suspect was shot and killed when they exited the store.

the other caught and sent to prison. .... Got the money back 

about a week later....

Scary.moment for sure...

knife piled in me and my friends luckily I grabbed his hand quick enough and broke. His wrist .... he and his 3 buddies ran..

we were lucky. This was walking down the street..

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Worst case for me was being robbed at gunpoint along with my

Fathee and 5 others. Place was similar to a. Mini Market we stopped to get milk. I was in early 20’s two children and wife, 

Living week to week - Pay check to Pay Check. Just cashed my 

pay check. 

about a week later....

Scary.moment for sure...

knife piled in me and my friends luckily I grabbed his hand quick enough and broke. His wrist .... he and his 3 buddies ran..

we were lucky. This was walking down the street..

Omg ....where was this ?

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

about a week later....

Let me guess, it happened in the US?  

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, BritManToo said:

I usually take my gf, she always carries a large flick knife in her purse which she is fully prepared to use to defend her source of income.

I used to frequent Thai pool halls when I first came here, my Thai wife was one of the girls in the silk hot pants, crop tops and teeter totter shoes that would re-arrange our balls for us. She was a full (Bangkok) gang member, also the best protection a guy could have.

Ignoring her ability to re-arrange your balls, I hope she's got connections in case some enterprising plod in brown catches her with the knife!

Never had any trouble except in the UK - and only in England for that matter.

I used to carry a knife and kuboton a lot when working in various European countries but never needed them. One get into a lot of trouble nowadays for that.

Always found Asia safer somehow. Never had any trouble in Thailand so far. Also found Hong Kong, Malaysia, India and UAE o k. Far more security conscious in KSA where it's not good idea to go wandering around on your own. Also, a tad more care in the Philippines where people I know got attacked and robbed.

As for weapons in Thailand, be very careful. Authorities won't take kindly to foreigners being caught in public places with weapons. Knives, saps, knuckle dusters, sprays, etc are gonna be hard to explain, even if you have them in your car. Different for Thai nationals, especially hiso and/or well connected ones. I know one hiso lady whose into martial arts. She usually openly wears a small neck-knife and has 2 or 3 more in her hand bag! But foreigners ain't gonna be treated the same. 

If you look for trouble anywhere in the world you'll probably find it. If you take sensible precautions and think about where and when you go and how you behave then that's a good start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I guess unless there some past attack on you then why do you need the spray?

Would you carry it all the time or just sometmes?

After awhile you will get sick of carrying it around i guess and leave it at home.

And....more importantly how do you know if the spray is effective?

Are the ones they sell on the street stalls as good as Police issued?

The one I would carry is small. From America. My question is how do you practice.