Trump condemns white supremacy, vague on gun measures after U.S. shootings

webfact

5 hours ago, daoyai said:

He never said Mexicans are rapists, he said there were rapists amongst the illegal border crossers as a huge percentage of the women attempting to cross are raped,... The judge in that case is a member of a " la Raza" activist group so can realistically be suspected of bias,..... the 'go back where they came from' was an angry and ill advised tweet taken out of context but understandable given the vile unrelenting attacks by the "squad",.... the "there were good people on both sides". is TRUE as many of the unite the right demonstrators simply want to preserve the statues and memorials to their civil war ancestors, history is just history, unfortunate there were some "neo nazis' there... but there were also neofaciest Antifa thugs there.   Misquoting and taking out of context quotes only divide the country more,  just stop.

Yes, please try to be a better man than Trump...:coffee1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

Only an idiot (so many here) would not know his statement was to support building a wall, the wall would only stop illegals, the others would cross at the legal entrances... All illegal border crossers are criminals the moment they break immigration law by crossing.

And illegal immigration has got NOTHING to do with gun measures even if you and Trump inanely try to connect the two issues.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Does anyone, seriously anyone, believe that Trump is sincere in this?

After the "Mexicans are rapists" and the "Judge is Mexican" and "They should go back where they came from" and "Good people on both sides" and loads and loads more crap, does anyone actually believe that Trump is NOT a White nationalist? NOT a racist? NOT encouraging and enabling this violence?

Seriously, anyone?

I have said it before and I will say it again...

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

God help us all

at least one not believe one word he said.... ME

nothing but a campaign stunt, as always full of BS and hot air, bad body language but give him a little credit, he tried hard to sound caring and not one time did he mention "tremendous"

49 minutes ago, jb61 said:

It took the election of Donald Trump to display just how crooked, sleazy and amoral the left and Democrats really are. They are experts at cheating and low blows.

It also took the election of Donald Trump to show just how whoosie, spineless and easily intimidated

the republicans are. All the Dems and the media have to do is say; "they are racists" and the Repubs piss their pants and start quivering in the shoes. Pathetic.  

Well, why don't you tell us what you really feel about white supremacy.

Or does the thought of that make you pee your pants and quiver in your boots?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

How did he say that with a straight face???

He was reading the teleprompter and didn't have a clue as to what he was saying!  I don't think that his face is ever "straight"!

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Does anyone, seriously anyone, believe that Trump is sincere in this?

After the "Mexicans are rapists" and the "Judge is Mexican" and "They should go back where they came from" and "Good people on both sides" and loads and loads more crap, does anyone actually believe that Trump is NOT a White nationalist? NOT a racist? NOT encouraging and enabling this violence?

Seriously, anyone?

I have said it before and I will say it again...

Donald Trump is an ever-expanding cloud of toxic waste that defiles everything it touches.

God help us all

Well, if he had said how the measures will be implemented instead of loose cannoning , I might wait with drawing the obvious conclusion that these statements are planned to appease the maximum number of people in Toledo and other American Citizens.

6 minutes ago, wayned said:

He was reading the teleprompter and didn't have a clue as to what he was saying!  I don't think that his face is ever "straight"!

I thought he spoke unscripted... maybe he can not read just pretends to read the teleprompter, I mean who would write that garbage other than himself?

Mental illness is the issue.

So he pulls funding for it.

We need a bipartisan resolution.

There was one in feb but u said u would veto it. Saved by mcconnell who wont even send it for a vote.

As an aside. Has anyone seen or heard Mike Pence speak or is he just a porcelain doll.

New flash, there was another mass shooting in Chicago over the weekend, 59 people shot, multiple shooters, various firearms used, unknown if any of the firearms were registered.   Not sure if the shooters are white supremos .... waiting for CNN to tell me.

Edited by daoyai
  • Like 1

This story of the Dayton shooter has emerged on Medium from a claimed ex ... no idea if it's true

or not, still early days in terms of knowing motive.  What provokes people to do crazy things like

a mass shooting?  It's certainly complicated.  It's a dark tale of the shooters recent life.  Whether it's

fact of fiction doesn't really matter, it illustrates that these tragedy's have no one variable solution.

https://medium.com/@_adeliajohnson_/my-ex-boyfriend-was-the-dayton-shooter-2b7f2d792b68

3 minutes ago, daoyai said:

New flash, there was another mass shooting in Chicago over the weekend, 51 people shot, multiple shooters, various firearms used, unknown if any of the firearms were registered.

7 killed by drive-by shooters.....please don't tell us they were illegal immigrants

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Republican Trump, accused by Democrats as stoking racial divisions, said Americans must "condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy,"

There he goes again, mixing up condone and condemn.  Saying one when he means the other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Whether it's

fact of fiction doesn't really matter, it illustrates that these tragedy's have no one variable solution.

Regardless of whether shooters are leftist, rightist or anything else, the common factors in all this are mass murder and weapons of mass murder. That's where the attention needs to be centered first. 

I'm not excusing or ignoring the white nationalism elements clearly present in the Texas shooting and Trump's incitement of those extremist factions.... But to me, that a related but separate issue that ought to be addressed on its own, and not allow that to derail and deflect the focus on the weapons of mass murder issue.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Regardless of whether shooters are leftist, rightist or anything else, the common factors in all this are mass murder and weapons of mass murder. That's where the attention needs to be centered first. 

I'm not excusing or ignoring the white nationalism elements clearly present in the Texas shooting and Trump's incitement of those extremist factions.... But to me, that a related but separate issue that ought to be addressed on its own, and not allow that to derail and deflect the focus on the weapons of mass murder issue.

My post had nothing to do with the Texas shooting?  It had to do with the Dayton shooting.

Watching the anti Trump hour on CNN they had a Mexican lawyer on explaining how Trump was responsible the recent mass shootings but Clinton and Obama were not responsible for their mass shootings.  Argument impossible to follow.  Either the  president is responsible for mass shootings on his watch or he is not.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Depends if he is stoking the flames or trying to put it out.

there was a bipartisan bill passed in february which mconnell wont allow a vote and trump said he would veto.

Good play a few months ago but not now.  Submit a bill right now and the senate will pass and Trump will not veto.  Unfortunately this will not happen.  The dems will say what you said so they don't have to take a chance of the bill passing.  They are all sneaky crooks.  You have not figured this out? 

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2