Video: Let that be a warning to motorcyclists who won't stop for the cops!

webfact

6 hours ago, tlandtday said:

I do understand the police point of view.  The guy wasn't even wearing a helmet so a clear violation of the law.  No excuse.  If he had a helmet on it could be argued he was being stopped for a payoff or another ridiculous check stop.

The cop was demonstrating what happens in a crash when not wearing a helmet.????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A video posted online by Thai Rath showed a young motorcyclist trying to flee from police. 

It doesn't last long - he is soon brought down to earth with a kick from the arresting officer and lies sprawled on the tarmac. 

He was not "brought down to earth with a kick from the arresting officer"!  At the moment he came off he was trying to make a sharp turn but couldn't make it and brought the bike down himself, the officer did not instigate the fall, he had no contact with the bike at that moment. 

Prior to that, the officer had been trying to get him to move to the left and slow down by holding his leg out towards the bike and reasonably gently trying to stop him.  He was not kicking the bike in the manner that Thai Rath or Thaivisa, whoever wrote the copy that we are reading, would like us to believe

35 minutes ago, tabarin said:

By far the best I ever seen, even the army comes to help hehe.

Especially since the cops were 2 up. Pretty unlucky to run into the army like that. Had the miscreant managed to carry on past them before getting chased down he would only have had the police to deal with.

None of them wanted to go into the scrub after him though.

13 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

What for doing his duty?

Something many people claim  Thai cops don't normally do.

Why didn't he just get the license number of the bike and then pick the kid up later? Any violation must have been recorded on his cam.

2 hours ago, petedk said:

Why didn't he just get the license number of the bike and then pick the kid up later? Any violation must have been recorded on his cam.

This is Thailand and it is not unusual that perpetrators flee from the police. It is a good thing that they know they will be caught by all means. And how does the police know it is just a teen who don't want to pay the fine or a drug dealer or a wanted murderer?

Running from the police is always suspicious. And I agree that they get caught whatever way is fast and necessary. If they get injured in the process it is their responsibility alone. If everybody understands that - then the "innocent youngsters" will think twice before trying to drive  away.

I do not understand those posters who blame the policeman in this case. Do they prefer a lawless country? (I am not going into detail here) Who ever flees from police is guilty until the opposite is proven,

Edited by sweatalot

10 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

Disgusting behavior from the cop.

He should be transferred to another province where he can do the exact same thing to someone else.

TIT.

No. The Cop do exactly right in this Situation. Perfect Job and its an example for other Cops in TH.

5 hours ago, essox essox said:

why not employ a "stinger" farther down the road....the cop should be done for dangerous driving....

A stinger could inflict some serious damage to the riders if they fell on it.

I am sure knocking them of a bike a low speed is better.

5 hours ago, petedk said:

Do we know why the bike was being chased? If it had been stolen by the rider, then your plan would not work would it?

I have to hand it to the rider and pillion rider making the video and waving at oncoming traffic - especially the "safety first" gloves he was wearing. ????

Ref: Chase video submitted by Denim HERE.

Edited by MaxYakov