Ho Chi Minh - ED Visa with stamp VOID

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Get a 90 day non O for visiting your child.

You can get as many as you want back to back, no limits.

Can he do that without the 800,000 in the bank and the normal BS?

Lets not make this a "Let the eat cake" situation.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Parker2100 said:

When financial proof is required for a Non O to visit your Thai child, the maximum they might ask to see is 400,000 baht. However, for a single entry Non O, Ho Chi Minh City and many other consulates do not require any financial proof at all. If he has the original birth certificate with him that names him as the father, he ought to be able to get the Non O in HCMC.

• Like 1

Possibly they want us to do in in our home country, as someone posted before. I also go back to Europe twice yearly, but going to the Thai embassy there is a hassle, because it is 500km from the city I live in. I do not like sending my passport via post.

52 minutes ago, Parker2100 said:

All that's required is his birth certificate + copy, and house book copy.

No financial requirements at all for a single entry 90 day from HCMC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cerox said:

Possibly they want us to do in in our home country, as someone posted before. I also go back to Europe twice yearly, but going to the Thai embassy there is a hassle, because it is 500km from the city I live in. I do not like sending my passport via post.

No need to go the embassy. You don`t have consulates nearby? I just know it from Germany and regardless where you live...the next consulate is max 150/200km away + the are much more chilling than in the embassy.

Edited by SpanishExpat

21 hours ago, mrfil said:

Fair enough, im just extremely stressed. My little boy is there in Thailand and we were all looking forward to me being able to read and write. 

If you have a Thai son why are you trying to get an Ed visa? There are other visas you qualify for. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, DaSherminator said:

I too had a void stamp at HCMC. There were two other people picking their Ed-visa up, and we all had to wait despite being in front of the line. I'm not sure if theirs were voided as well, but I'd be willing to bet it was. 

Apparently, the embassies are changing the requirements, my school initially said to go to HCMC, but then sent me an telling me not to go there after I had already submitted my documents

after that was it possible to get a tourist visa? (baring in mind i have had 2 + extensions this year). thanks in advance

Edited by mrfil

1 hour ago, mrfil said:

after that was it possible to get a tourist visa? (baring in mind i have had 2 + extensions this year). thanks in advance

You might obtain a setv but problem may be returning to bkk via air. Border crossing from Saigon to los not fun. Entry via airport problematic. Think you mentioned ed visa along with couple extended tourist visas. Would make for nervous flight.

As mentioned above....why not a non o based on parent of Thai child?

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You might obtain a setv but problem may be returning to bkk via air. Border crossing from Saigon to los not fun. Entry via airport problematic. Think you mentioned ed visa along with couple extended tourist visas. Would make for nervous flight.

As mentioned above....why not a non o based on parent of Thai child?

thanks for all the help. I'll be going for the non O parent visa in HCMC. Ill let you all know how it goes in a few days.

again thanks for the help!

• Haha 1

*Deleted post edited out*

A flaming post in reply to this has been removed.

Having already spent 6 months in the country on tourist visas is very relevant to the possibility of getting another TR and, if granted, being able to enter on it.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, mrfil said:

Further to my point I have a 7 year old son in Thailand. I want to learn Thai language so we can properly communicate. That certainly does not qualify for misuse!

If your son is Thai, why didn't you just get a non-o for visiting Thai family?  You likely can get a ME non-o.  But at least a SE non-o.

I was getting non-ed visas (from home country) back when that was a breeze.  But when I had my son, I switched to non-o on the next visa re-up.   When all the crackdowns started happening (from back in 2014 when they first defined the Out-In border run and started implementing soft limits on Visa Exempts), the non-o (visiting thai family, retirement, et al) was unaffected. 

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Thanks 1