43 private hospitals miss deadline for reporting drug prices

webfact

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

a hospital that refuses to display a list of the price it charges for medications will be subject to a jail term of no longer than one year

Better hurry and build larger prison cells now to hold all these hospitals.

Edited by Misterwhisper

This is a damn lie.  Most hospitals are charging outrageous prices and the government is not doing a damn thing about.  Just Monday I was admitted to a private hospital in Ratchaburi and was given Urea Cream 10% 35 gm.  My bill at discharged showed I paid 197 baht.  I just went to the pharmacy and paid 110 baht for the same item.

C

• Like 1

With modern tech, putting together a pricing audit as such, is very easy to to, but this is Thailand, so it comes as no surprise hospitals have not submitted respective reports on time. No doubt the books have been, will be or are being cooked with fat cats licking up as.much double cream.as possible whilst patients suffer. Corruption springs to mind. Typical.Thai mind set.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rabas said:

Yeah, B500 paracetamol 10 tablets. I wouldn't send that in either. It's getting worse fast.

My wife had an overnight visit a couple of years and for one of her meds, Tylenol they wanted her to pay 18 thb per tablet.

I can buy them in any pharmacy for 100 thb a tub of 100.

I went berswork and blew my top, shouting that I had 8,000 thb on me and if that wasn't enough I was leaving without her and that the hospital could do what they liked about the bill.

After about 10 minutes of my very loud ranting (during which my wife hid and disowned me), the hospital and I came to an agreement.

I would pay 8,000 thb for the overnight stay etc and they wrote of the medicine bill.

That worked and my wife still loves me (I think) but she understands that I don't take any crap from a man wearing a white coat calling himself a doctor.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

This is a damn lie.  Most hospitals are charging outrageous prices and the government is not doing a damn thing about.  Just Monday I was admitted to a private hospital in Ratchaburi and was given Urea Cream 10% 35 gm.  My bill at discharged showed I paid 197 baht.  I just went to the pharmacy and paid 110 baht for the same item.

C

I was just in a couple of weeks ago. They wanted almost 7,500 for tablets (half of which was not necessary) that I got for about 1700 at the local pharmacy!!

• Like 1

It's all about greed. Overcharging the sick is.... pretty sick.

Money and medicine are a bad mix. At least the Dept of Trade is trying to do something about it, but hospitals make so much money they will just laugh at the small fines and carry on as before.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Name and Shame the Hospitals concerned AND their Management !!

Here's one, Sirikit Naval Medical Center charges a foreigner double thus 100% more.

Tell you right in your face "farang pay double"

Yes this is a hospital.

Edited by bandito
  • Sad 1

These are Millions of baht making operations based on the story you got a suppose 1 year and 20,000 baht fine. Now they have not met the deadline or refuse they are being called to the mat as to why? Do the math here and look in the mirror as to why nothing is being done on both ends!