Car-drifting competition hits Pattaya Aug. 9-11

Rimmer

Car-drifting competition hits Pattaya Aug. 9-11

1357-s13-Drift.jpg

PATTAYA:--Burning rubber and revving engines will punctuate the Eastern National Indoor Sports Stadium as the Round 3 of the DC 2019 Drift competition comes to Pattaya Aug. 9-11.

The exhibition will see cars speeding through precise tracks and “drifting” through corners as seen in the movie “Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift.”

At a July 26 meeting, city officials met with organizers to finalize plans for security, first aid, traffic and parking.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-08—

Thais are barely skilled enough to drive a car at normal speed, under normal conditions, and follow any of the laws and rules of the road. And now you are going to teach and encourage them to do sh!t like this?!

I predict that before the year is out, someone will be hurt or killed by a Thai driver trying to drift on the street. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

OMG...

and after the event, might as well advertise it as "coming to a street near you!!!"

As a fully qualified Senior Stage Marshall for Rally events in the Uk, it is a fact that there are a few numbskulls out there that will try to emulate what they have seen at a local event such as this.

Be extra vigilant and stay safe on the roads.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

As a fully qualified Senior Stage Marshall for Rally events in the Uk, it is a fact that there are a few numbskulls out there that will try to emulate what they have seen at a local event such as this.

Be extra vigilant and stay safe on the roads.

Tell me about it, I live near Hwy 36 just down from Bira racetrack!

On 8/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, champers said:

Will the Yakuza be in attendance?

I see they are filming a new movie coming out to the film franchise in 2021.  Will it be called:

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift Part 2

or

The Fast and the Furious: Pattaya Drift

Edited by bbi1

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I see they are filming a new movie coming out to the film franchise in 2021.  Will it be called:

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift Part 2

or

The Fast and the Furious: Pattaya Drift

Funny you should say that; I am sure I read something on here in the last month about them filming somewhere in Thailand. Think it was in the South.