Pink ID card for foreigner with name in Blue house book

Has anyone here holding PR visa (and their name in the Blue house book of the house they rent) applied for a pink ID card?  I’ve been told that the owner of the house has to go with me to apply for the pink card. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks 

Pink ID cards, and yellow house books, are totally amphur dependant.. Some places are easy (lease, maybe the tabien baan owner, etc) other places are super hard (witnesses, poo yai baan, certified translations from bangkok etc etc etc).. 

You have to go ask the amphur.

Edited by LivinLOS

I haven't got PR but my wife, the house owner, did have to accompany me and agree to me applying for my Yellow book. She DID NOT however have come with me when I went for my Pink ID card. I might be wrong but from memory I just needed to take my passport and Yellow Book.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 2

I have permanent residency and apply for my pink ID with my blue book.

Sometimes it is at the amphur, sometimes at tessaban.

If you have PR, the first number of your pink card should be 8. (foreigners with PR).

If you do not have PR, the first number on your pink card should be 6. (foreigner without PR)

Regulation says 60 baht for pink card. I was the first in my province and it took 24 hours. Now, it takes 15 minutes. Dress well, they will take a picture of you. Normally, no need witnesses or anything for pink ID. For ta bian baan, yes.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Isaanlawyers said:

If you have PR, the first number of your pink card should be 8. (foreigners with PR).

If you do not have PR, the first number on your pink card should be 6. (foreigner without PR)

Regulation says 60 baht for pink card. I was the first in my province and it took 24 hours. Now, it takes 15 minutes. Dress well, they will take a picture of you. Normally, no need witnesses or anything for pink ID. For ta bian baan, yes.....

Firstly let me say I have no first-hand knowledge of this.

From what I read in the past, I thought digit 8 was for former aliens who gained Thai nationality after 1984.

Has it been amended more recently to include foreigners with PR?

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

From what I read in the past, I thought digit 8 was for former aliens who gained Thai nationality after 1984.

image.png.1ff2338c930350749f7a4ddd40e3e943.png

5 hours ago, Isaanlawyers said:

Thanks, but did you need the house owner to accompany you the first time you applied for the pink is card 

Apologies if this has been asked before.

What are the advantages of the ‘Pink Card ??? 

We (my Wife) owns a place in Bkk, I may try and get one but don’t see  the advantage until I need to renew my Driving Licence when applying for & having the ‘pink of card’ is cheaper than an ‘Affirmation of Residence’ from my embassy (I travel too frequently to do 90 day reports so can’t get the residence letter from immigration). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, karenmw460 said:

Thanks, but did you need the house owner to accompany you the first time you applied for the pink is card 

Again not all act the same I went on my own and got the ID card quite easily only needed yellow book took passport just in case but not needed.

Advantages well best to say I'm happy with what I use it for. Added advantage is by using it for hotel stays seems they do t report you as an alien staying there. So if your in one of those areas that immigration requires a new tm30 after every hop it's great.

Edited by fourpack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, karenmw460 said:

I can’t remember. I was in the blue as resident and not “house holder”. (Which was my ex-wife). But I think she was there, yes.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Why would a Thai citizen want a non-Thai ID card?

Thais can only be named on blue book and yes you need a Thai to go with you best of its your landlord you then get a yellow book and pink ID card cost about 200/300 baht . I use my pink card for everything dentist , hospital , vehicle purchase I was given my pink card at the same time as my yellow house book and because I was over a certain age they told me I never have to renew it .

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, thaiowl said:

After I got PR, i went to my local office to get my name entered in the blue book. The officer said they would do a pink ID card me as well (I didn't even ask).

did you had to pay the almost 200k fee, is it worth the trouble, I was considering the application but want to make sure it's worth all the run around

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

did you had to pay the almost 200k fee, is it worth the trouble, I was considering the application but want to make sure it's worth all the run around

200baht, not k! In my and SWMBOs case, cost nothing for yellow book, 60 baht for each card. 5 visits, lots of hassle, but well worth it.

How easy it is, it all seems to depend on which Amphur, and who you know ;-}

20 minutes ago, Grusa said:

200baht, not k! In my and SWMBOs case, cost nothing for yellow book, 60 baht for each card. 5 visits, lots of hassle, but well worth it.

How easy it is, it all seems to depend on which Amphur, and who you know ;-}

The 200K he talked of was for PR (Permanent Residency).

Not sure I would ever want or need ID, however, I see mention of both blue and yellow books as part of supporting documents. In my own case I have two blue books as owner of a couple condo units, I use both and don’t rent. In the event I wanted an ID card, would these be of any use. More curious than likely to want one. 

11 minutes ago, Breakingbad said:

Not sure I would ever want or need ID, however, I see mention of both blue and yellow books as part of supporting documents. In my own case I have two blue books as owner of a couple condo units, I use both and don’t rent. In the event I wanted an ID card, would these be of any use. More curious than likely to want one. 

Since you are not shown as a resident in your blue house books you would have to get a yellow house book for one of them to get a ID card.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.

What are the advantages of the ‘Pink Card ??? 

We (my Wife) owns a place in Bkk, I may try and get one but don’t see  the advantage until I need to renew my Driving Licence when applying for & having the ‘pink of card’ is cheaper than an ‘Affirmation of Residence’ from my embassy (I travel too frequently to do 90 day reports so can’t get the residence letter from immigration). 

When I renewed my DL, they wouldn't accept the pink card as proof of address. This was on Khon Kaen.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:06 PM, crazykopite said:

Thais can only be named on blue book and yes you need a Thai to go with you best of its your landlord you then get a yellow book and pink ID card cost about 200/300 baht . I use my pink card for everything dentist , hospital , vehicle purchase I was given my pink card at the same time as my yellow house book and because I was over a certain age they told me I never have to renew it .

Are you saying that the dept of transport accepted your pink card when you put your name to the vehicle registration book?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Are you saying that the dept of transport accepted your pink card when you put your name to the vehicle registration book?

In Bangkok (Near Mo Chit) they accepted my yellow book for registration of a car, but not for the diver licence. So next year on renewal I will try again to use yellow book (and Pink ID) for driver license. I have most  parts where I have to used my passport removed. Actually only 1 bank book, driver license and of course the extensions are based on the passport. Everything else depends on the Pink ID (or yellow book).

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

When I renewed my DL, they wouldn't accept the pink card as proof of address. This was on Khon Kaen.

You've mentioned this is a couple of threads in the past.

Ans the answer is still the same. 

The Pink ID card is to confirm ID, it does not confirm address, that's what your yellow Tabien Baan is for, whatever you need them to prove.

It's exactly the same format that Thai nationals use. Thai nationals never use their ID card as official proof of address do they.

The PINK ID CARD confirms your ID  and replaces your passport.

The YELLOW TABIEN  BAAN confirms your permanent address in Thailand and replaces the residence certificate you had to get from Immigration (or utility bill you could sometimes use)

1 hour ago, sumrit said:

You've mentioned this is a couple of threads in the past.

Ans the answer is still the same. 

The Pink ID card is to confirm ID, it does not confirm address, that's what your yellow Tabien Baan is for, whatever you need them to prove.

It's exactly the same format that Thai nationals use. Thai nationals never use their ID card as official proof of address do they.

The PINK ID CARD confirms your ID  and replaces your passport.

The YELLOW TABIEN  BAAN confirms your permanent address in Thailand and replaces the residence certificate you had to get from Immigration (or utility bill you could sometimes use)

Yes, I was replying to someone who thinks that they can use the pink card for address. 

Also, they wouldn't accept my pink card for ID, they asked for my passport.

Edited by Neeranam

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, I was replying to someone who thinks that they can use the pink card for address. 

Also, they wouldn't accept my pink card for ID, they asked for my passport.

I remember discussing your problem with you on another thread a while back. If I remember, your problem had something to do with moving house since acquiring both your yellow book and pink card so they didn't tally with your current address when you were applying for your new licence.

It's a word of warning to people that, when they move house (permanently) they must go to to the new Amphur and get a new yellow book and ID card to be able to use them for 'official' purposes.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:45 PM, Fairynuff said:

Where have all the “pink card is useless” people gone?

Here is one.I have PR and a pink card.It's not useless but it's not yet accepted to the extent one can happily not hold passport or DL in reserve.It will eventually be reliable everywhere but don't be deceived by those making exaggerated claims for its acceptability.

• Thanks 1