TM30 scare mongering

You never submit a TM28 when coming back from another province. You submit a TM28 (Change of Address) when you officially move to another province,and a TM30. BUT, it's actually correct that most of the Immigration offices incl. CW in BKK demands you to submit a TM30 when coming back from another province,unless you are a permanent resident. 

As I understand short term stayers with a tourist visa or with a 90 days non immigrant O/B are exempted to do a TM30

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

As I understand short term stayers with a tourist visa or with a 90 days non immigrant O/B are exempted to do a TM30

Under the law no, a TM30 should be lodged wherever you stay. What local Immi offices do isn't always within the law.

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

For a short term tourist it will always be done by the hotel/guesthouse.

Why? ???? 

If i have a 1-3 month rental contract like many people do nowadays, same rules apply as someone with a 1 year rental contract? ????

And why is a 3 month rental via airbnb different than a rental outside of it for example, both are valid business contracts between owner and tenant. 

For me this is all another case of they just make stuff up as they go... 

Edited by ThomasThBKK

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

For a short term tourist it will always be done by the hotel/guesthouse.

Not always (I've stayed many places that didn't care about any of my details, checked in using girls ID) and depends on your definition of short-term (e.g. I don't give two hoots about TM30s as never in LoS long enough to have to deal with Immigration other than at the airport).

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I got other information. Can you show me the law ?

Quoted in above post.

Why? [emoji848] 

If i have a 1-3 month rental contract like many people do nowadays, same rules apply as someone with a 1 year rental contract? [emoji848]

And why is a 3 month rental via airbnb different than a rental outside of it for example, both are valid business contracts between owner and tenant. 

For me this is all another case of they just make stuff up as they go... 

should be the case but we are talking here about short term visa not renting contracts
For example I don’t need any contract as my wife has a house here but live in Europe.

Lol 

Mrs rents a house to a Swedish guy he is in and out of the country every 2 to 3 weeks. She has tried unsuccessfully for a year to be able to do it online . It's not just foreigners immigration jerk off.

So now she has left him with a pack of photo copies of her book and ID. He does it and never moans like most on here do.

Get over it and just do it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Lol 

Mrs rents a house to a Swedish guy he is in and out of the country every 2 to 3 weeks. She has tried unsuccessfully for a year to be able to do it online . It's not just foreigners immigration jerk off.

So now she has left him with a pack of photo copies of her book and ID. He does it and never moans like most on here do.

Get over it and just do it

It's more expensive to go to the immigration than to pay the fine if they catch you.

I prefer to not try to bother anymore with tm30, it's impossible for me to do it.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

You are quoting the definition out of context.

The law says that the Owner, or House-master, or Possessor can make the report.

The house-master is the person named in the Blue Tabian Baan. The definition of house-master is just to confirm that the house-master is responsible regardless of their capacity.

In simply terms;

Owner = owner

House-master = person named as the head of household in the Tabian Baan. If there is one.

Possessor = Anyone that is living in the property that isn't the owner or house-master. It's required because the owner doesn't always live in a property or know of the comings and goings. And there isn't always a nominated house-master.

A foreign tenant would report as the Possessor of the property.

How can I be quoting the definition out of context???

I have written word for word what is written in the Immigration act, exactly.

The definition, as written in Section 4 of the act, says  House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever...................please note owner, TENANT, or in any other capacity whatsoever 

NOWHERE in the Act does it say the House Master is the person named as the head of household in the Tabian Baan. If there is one. AS YOU HAVE STATED.

That is you putting your own interpretation on what is written in the act and is incorrect. In fact what you are doing is interpreting a statement in a way you alone choose to do..........in exactly the same way as many people on this forum complain about IO's doing.

Edited by sumrit

6 hours ago, wmlc said:

When you return to your permanent residence, you will be required to submit a TM28 form notifying immigration you have changed your address again. 

I have sent about three TM28's along with TM30's by post to CW. Each TM28 gets returned unanswered, only the TM30 stub is signed.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:
1 hour ago, wobalt said:

That's correct,including permanent residents. People with Long Stay O-A and 1 year retirement visas O have to do it.

No one is exempt from reporting the stay of any foreigner with temporary permission to stay — regardless of visa status.