A distorted picture of Thailand

Brunolem

4 minutes ago, geronimo said:

TVF serves as a multiple platform,

For those who have a genuine question, those who like a bit of good-hearted banter, and those who are looking for something to moan about!

Well said.????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

or the relative merits of Vegemite and Marmite. 

But of course, the most popular threads are the ones that point out the pound's dismal fall into the abyss!!

That's what you get for allowing children to meddle in politics!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sniggie said:

Sorry about this, mate!  How would you feel if you were watching your country self-destruct on a daily basis? It's hard to keep one's pecker up in the face of such adversity. And it isn't so much the French being World Champions that got to us but the fact that our team was dumped out of the competition by a team from a pretend country with the population of a small market town.

The Brits can comfort themselves knowing that they are world champion in... cricket! 

Great Britain is a former empire who enjoyed a last hurrah during a transition period, partly thanks to its "special relationship" with its big US brother. 

Now that the latter is itself declining, fast, the UK has no support and will, at some point, join other former empires such as Egypt or Greece. 

The UK is not alone in its predicament, France, Spain and others are following the exact same path... just a bit slower because they still have their own big brother, Germany, but not for long... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

The Brits can comfort themselves knowing that they are world champion in... cricket! 

Great Britain is a former empire who enjoyed a last hurrah during a transition period, partly thanks to its "special relationship" with its big US brother. 

Now that the latter is itself declining, fast, the UK has no support and will, at some point, join other former empires such as Egypt or Greece. 

The UK is not alone in its predicament, France, Spain and others are following the exact same path... just a bit slower because they still have their own big brother, Germany, but not for long... 

The UK and the US are in a desperate race to see who can xxxx up first.

Sadly, the Americans have a trump card up their sleeve ????????????

Edited by geronimo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I recall when I first left Great Britain, we were on a ferry and I pointed out the mist hanging over the white cliffs, and asked one of the crew if it was due to the cold air rising, he shook his head and said it's a cloud of negativity and its been there for decades!

4 hours ago, Victornoir said:

..first minister who makes the entire world laugh..

But do not take my message too seriously, I was trying to laugh a little.

Your country is having a bad time now, but it will bounce back, as always, and maybe sooner than one think.

Got it now! You are so right.

Turning a thread into a pointless political discussion where the individual has no means to implement change is the height of the moaning class on Tvisa.....

I still work in the UK life is good, I will accept and adopt to change as it comes, same as I do in Thailand, where when I am there life is a little better, with my family around me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I went to Terminal 21 in Pattaya yesterday for the first time. Not knowing Pattaya real well I wished all maps used the same names for streets. South Pattaya Rd = Pattaya tai, Central Pattaya Rd = Pattaya Klang and North Pattaya Rd = Pattaya Nua…. WHY?? Ate at the Shabu place, walked around, it's neat there for the restaurants. Walked thru the food court.....Amazing....

Today we're going to the waterslide in Pattaya...the old one cause it's pretty neat and it's cheap. The other waterslides run 800bht each, extra for chairs in shade, can't bring outside food and drinks in.....Yikes. I can afford it but it's hard to justify spending that kind of money.

Let's see....Well hope it doesn't rain and traffic is light driving to waterslides....see you guys

I almost jumped outside the old one at Pattaya Tower. Dangerous speed and dropp on that one. 

it is a police state. it doesnt really effect tourists much but if you have any empathy its sickening to watch grown men stealing from old folks with no money who are just trying to make a living. its not going to stop me visiting or even living there, but it cant be denied. Im living in cambodia at the moment, not because of anything to do with the police, and it may be a police sate in its own way, but seeing police chasing old people to steal from them and strutting round with their silly hats is not something I miss

Edited by phycokiller
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 7:31 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I went to Terminal 21 in Pattaya yesterday for the first time. Not knowing Pattaya real well I wished all maps used the same names for streets. South Pattaya Rd = Pattaya tai, Central Pattaya Rd = Pattaya Klang and North Pattaya Rd = Pattaya Nua…. WHY?? Ate at the Shabu place, walked around, it's neat there for the restaurants. Walked thru the food court.....Amazing....

Today we're going to the waterslide in Pattaya...the old one cause it's pretty neat and it's cheap. The other waterslides run 800bht each, extra for chairs in shade, can't bring outside food and drinks in.....Yikes. I can afford it but it's hard to justify spending that kind of money.

Let's see....Well hope it doesn't rain and traffic is light driving to waterslides....see you guys

Tai = south, maybe try switching between languages verbally or digitally. How one can let this affect them is beyond me.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Better check your facts, Tonto.   US Economy is booming, everyone including me is collecting barrels of money.  Big risk on the horizon is helping the ailing 2nd tier countries with their negative interest rate environments, and trying to reign in China from swooping in and picking up all the pieces.  ????

well. Trumpie is doing his best to derail ya!!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

10 years ago there were a lot less whiners trying to comment. 

I seem to recall you whining a fair bit when you accidentally married (got engaged?) that ladyboy while thinking it was a real woman.

Or has my advancing years got that wrong?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 6:28 PM, NCC1701A said:

i just got back from Pattaya. i had a great time. like a unbelievably good time.

but don't worry someone will be along to tell me I got AIDS. 

Super.  

I really enjoy hearing that someone had a good time in fact wish you would post about it.

But, I get it.

I live here and truly cannot think of many days that have been horrible.

Crashing my motorbike several months ago was a horrible day.

But, It was definitely not this morning when one of my 20 year old regulars left my room.

So, taking the good with the bad is just dealing with life where ever one may be.

No place is perfect but being here suits me just fine could truly careless about any of the immigration stuff it is just a necessity like paying a utility bill in my book.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

Well Brunolem, by your post then, it's gonna be a great day when I visit the forum and TV says 'To all members, we are sorry to announce that not enough expats have posted problems so we are shutting down.'

But I will ponder and ask, is that is due to; a) 99% of expats are now very happy and have no complaints; b) 99% of expats have left and gone to live elsewhere; c) 99% are now in prison because they complained to much. ????????

2 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Well Brunolem, by your post then, it's gonna be a great day when I visit the forum and TV says 'To all members, we are sorry to announce that not enough expats have posted problems so we are shutting down.'

But I will ponder and ask, is that is due to; a) 99% of expats are now very happy and have no complaints; b) 99% of expats have left and gone to live elsewhere; c) 99% are now in prison because they complained to much. ????????

99% just realized life is better without TV 

D2D8EB4C-B1CA-4CC3-B53F-720F87A133D9.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

99% just realized life is better without TV 

Forgot the other option,

99% of TV members were banned several times then reincarnated (sort of like cats).

But TV counts banned members as members to boost their membership stats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1